Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

appledrop wrote: »
    I'm actually getting annoyed now especially as all over news/ papers that they will open 30-39 age group later this week.

Ffs will they actually get a move on with our group first.

Maybe this will be delayed to make space for accelerating the second AZ jab for older people and healthcare workers. I know people in their 60s still not had their 2nd jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

raclle wrote: »
    Anyone have a sore arm after the Pfizer? Been like that most of the day even after taking the recommended paracetamol

Just a little. But very very dehydrated and couldn't concentrate at all the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

The Mulk wrote: »
    My brother in law- 1979-lives in Kill got his appointment for Punchestown yesterday.
    I'm 1978 - Celbridge, still waiting. We've to go to Citywest, so that's prob the delay.
    Friends in the area 1977 have got their jabs over the weekend

It's a bit haphazard out towards Celbridge. Some are still going to punchestown for vaccination & testing....some are going to Citiwest. I guess they are trying to squeeze in as many as they can into available slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Julia68

Hi, is there a delay in Citywest giving 2nd Pfizer vaccinations? I had my first 4 weeks ago on Friday. No text yet for 2nd and nothing on the portal. Friends (same age 53) who had 1st in Aviva the day before are having 2nd one tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

daheff wrote: »
    It's a bit haphazard out towards Celbridge. Some are still going to punchestown for vaccination & testing....some are going to Citiwest. I guess they are trying to squeeze in as many as they can into available slots.

Yeah, seems that way, doesn't seem to be any consistency with the location.
    I'm hoping for early next week, I'm away for the weekend, so hoping I don't get one within the next few days as I'll more than likely have to postpone it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Julia68 wrote: »
    Hi, is there a delay in Citywest giving 2nd Pfizer vaccinations? I had my first 4 weeks ago on Friday. No text yet for 2nd and nothing on the portal. Friends (same age 53) who had 1st in Aviva the day before are having 2nd one tomorrow.

I am in similar situation 2nd dose due tomorrow but no appointment yet. it seems there are slight delay possibly to offset the lost days in Limerick due to racecourse not being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The Mulk wrote: »
    Yeah, seems that way, doesn't seem to be any consistency with the location.
    I'm hoping for early next week, I'm away for the weekend, so hoping I don't get one within the next few days as I'll more than likely have to postpone it.
    Some big centres like Citywest and The Helix are regularly vaccinating people from neighbouring counties. Age groups and their length of wait may be taking precedence over the current group. You also need to factor in the numbers of second doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'll be first to knock the HSE but just got my vaccine and was in and got injected in the space of 5 minutes. Incredibly efficient. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

41 Louth and nothing yet- I know it's not three weeks (plus Louth was/is behind) and I need to chill out but know a few 40 year olds who registered after me and they got text in past few days. Different eircodes though so maybe that's why

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Hello All,

Due my Vaccine tomorrow, but if anyone can help me with what the screening questions are?

I was not well this Sunday, and got a COVID test done Monday and just received my negative result this morning.

But are they going to ask tomorrow in the vaccine center, if I had any symptoms recently?
    Will this impact getting the vaccine?
    Even if I have the negative result today?

Or will I just say nothing and get the jab when I can!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Got my appointment last Friday for today in the Helix (Pfizer). The missus has been absolutely unflexible with her work schedule and so I've had to reschedule it as I can't leave our 4 year old with anyone. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

pmce4 wrote: »
    I am in similar situation 2nd dose due tomorrow but no appointment yet. it seems there are slight delay possibly to offset the lost days in Limerick due to racecourse not being used.

I'm the same in limerick, awaiting moderna 2nd dose, no text.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

ForestFire wrote: »
    Hello All,

Due my Vaccine tomorrow, but if anyone can help me with what the screening questions are?

I was not well this Sunday, and got a COVID test done Monday and just received my negative result this morning.

But are they going to ask tomorrow in the vaccine center, if I had any symptoms recently?
    Will this impact getting the vaccine?
    Even if I have the negative result today?

Or will I just say nothing and get the jab when I can!!

Have you had a temperature?

Have you lost your taste/ smell?

Are you pregnant?

Have you been out of the country in the past x weeks?

Have you had a reaction in the past to vaccines or medication?

They're the questions from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

deise08 wrote: »
    Have you had a temperature?

Have you lost your taste/ smell?

Are you pregnant?

Have you been out of the country in the past x weeks?

Have you had a reaction in the past to vaccines or medication?

They're the questions from what I remember.

I was also asked if I had covid previous and if I had any covid symptoms or a covid test in the last 14 days

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

airy fairy wrote: »
    Anyone getting 2nd vaccines in Cork? How many days notice is given?

My OH received first dose of Pfizer exactly 4 weeks ago in PUC and has heard nothing re second one.

I received my first Pfizer jab a few days later in City Hall and am due my second dose on Sunday and am still awaiting an appointment according to the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    My OH received first dose of Pfizer exactly 4 weeks ago in PUC and has heard nothing re second one.

I received my first Pfizer jab a few days later in City Hall and am due my second dose on Sunday and am still awaiting an appointment according to the portal.

Contact them.
    Most people I know who got their second pfizer got their second exactly 28 or 29 days after their first.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

I know they don't want children at the the centres but might they be flexible with this policy?
    Got my appointment last Friday for today in the Helix (Pfizer). The missus has been absolutely unflexible with her work schedule and so I've had to reschedule it as I can't leave our 4 year old with anyone. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,279 ✭✭✭✭ted1

43 - done last Saturday. Wife 40, scheduled this Saturday

41 here, I don't know of anyone my ages who has got a call yet.
    brother and sister 42 and 44 also havn't got calls. very few of their friends have got calls. all around south Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,279 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It's not about publicity.
    There are centres. Greystones seems to be one looking at the thread. That will need 39 year olds soon.

The whole of Louth and Meath was short changed early on with vaccines. This has had a knock on into the surrounding areas. It will balance out soon.

You'll have your vaccine soon and the speed won't bother you. I'd say there's 18 year olds reckoning they'll get there's in January.

Greystones is 20 minutes from South Dublin. lots of 40+ still to receive theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Finally just done, Pfizer in Cork City Hall. Just the 29 days after registration! All very smooth, arrived early, told it was OK and done in 20 mins including 15 mins in observation. Nurse told me they are nearly finished the 40-44s, she couldn't believe I was 1976 only getting vaccinated today. Anyway, all water under the bridge. Going to have a beer in the city now....:)

• Advertisement

feelings wrote: »
    I know they don't want children at the the centres but might they be flexible with this policy?

Maybe but having read the text they implicitly state a few times to be alone so I didn't want to take the chance and well it wouldn't have been fair to drag the little one there and back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

feelings wrote: »

There were several reports of people with children being turned away. It's probably worth checking to see if this has changed rather than being disappointed at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

Maybe but having read the text they implicitly state a few times to be alone so I didn't want to take the chance and well it wouldn't have been fair to drag the little one there and back.

I thought they send that you should come alone if possible? When I had my first vaccine in CityWest, there was someone in the queue ahead of me in a wheelchair that was being pushed by a helper. Mind you, I didn’t see anyone with children while I was there.

Did you try asking them about it when you called to reschedule?

abff wrote: »
    I thought they send that you should come alone if possible? When I had my first vaccine in CityWest, there was someone in the queue ahead of me in a wheelchair that was being pushed by a helper. Mind you, I didn’t see anyone with children while I was there.

Did you try asking them about it when you called to reschedule?

I didn't as it seems pretty firm. I'll just have to work around it somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »

Still waiting here now for my mothers second dose 29 days after PUC. No sign of an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭omega man

MizMix wrote: »
    41 Louth and nothing yet- I know it's not three weeks (plus Louth was/is behind) and I need to chill out but know a few 40 year olds who registered after me and they got text in past few days. Different eircodes though so maybe that's why

I’m in Louth. I’m 44 and only vaccinated yesterday but only had to wait a week from registration to appointment text. Hang in there it’s coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    I agree. I dont know anyone in the 1978 to 1981 cohort in dublin who has received their appointment nearly 2 weeks in. Yet that fool Donnelly keeps spinning that 30+ can register "soon" - at this rate itll be another 2 months before an actual 30 year old gets an actual jab in their arm , but never let that stop them trying to give the impression they are further ahead than they are.

I'd imagine the snails pace is related to this - 450k 2nd dose AZ to be prioritised for asap, to be factored into the 40-45s getting dose 1

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0615/1228316-astrazeneca-ireland-vaccine-rollout/

They can register soon. There's a 3 week window after registration during which they send an appointment.

Nobody ever claimed that you'd get an appointment immediately upon registration and the 1978-1981 group is the largest of any age range.

Registering on say Friday doesn't mean anything other than you'll get an appointment issued within 3 weeks and the appointment might be say 4 weeks from registration in longest case scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

They can register soon. There's a 3 week window after registration during which they send an appointment.

Nobody ever claimed that you'd get an appointment immediately upon registration and the 1978-1981 group is the largest of any age range.

Registering on say Friday doesn't mean anything other than you'll get an appointment issued within 3 weeks and the appointment might be say 4 weeks from registration in longest case scenario.

I understand how the process works regarding registration, thanks.

In reality 30 year olds are about 2 months off getting actual jabs. Even if they registered today, theres 10 years worth to finish first.

Announching how many people by age are ACTUALLY vaccinated is more meaningful (and truthful) then announcing (as donnelly has done twice in 2 days on twitter) who is "soon" allowed to put their name in a database to join a queue to get a text to wait to get a vaccine.

My complaint is about govt spin, not a misunderstanding on how the process works.

Also "soon" is meaningless. Why bother saying anything if you dont have firm information you can even give people? Because spin, that's why.

Anyway , I'm dragging this thread off topic, I'm not saying anymore on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    I understand how the process works regarding registration, thanks.

In reality 30 year olds are about 2 months off getting actual jabs. Even if they registered today, theres 10 years worth to finish first.

Announching how many people by age are ACTUALLY vaccinated is more meaningful (and truthful) then announcing (as donnelly has done twice in 2 days on twitter) who is "soon" allowed to put their name in a database to join a queue to get a text to wait to get a vaccine.

My complaint is about govt spin, not a misunderstanding on how the process works.

Also "soon" is meaningless. Why bother saying anything if you dont have firm information you can even give people? Because spin, that's why.

Anyway , I'm dragging this thread off topic, I'm not saying anymore on it.
    They were targets not spin, supplies as usual put paid to them. "Soon" serves to avoid the media making up dates, which is where this started! As for the under 30s you should see them start in late July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

Does anyone happen to know for sure if any of the south Dublin MVCs (Citywest, UCD, Aviva) are doing Pfizer today?

Advertisement