Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I traded in Valhalla today against R&C. Word of warning to others, the PS4 version of Valhalla doesn't count towards the 50% off deal in GS. Even though it's a free upgrade to the PS5 version, only the PS5 disc version is counted. Still though, definitely worth the price. Such an amazing game. The graphics, sound, DualSense implementation, humour, throwbacks, references to other games, voice acting, characters... its got it all. I was particularly impressed by Ratchets fur dry v wet, when wet its not only darker, but it also shows the weight of the wet hair and everything is ever so slightly down at the tips. It's these small details that will set this gen apart imo.

If you've ever liked any R&C game before, you'll like this. Really shows off the power of the PS5 too. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'm not a fan of the party chat layout now that I've been using t more for some recent games i've been playing. It's messy and confusing. Maybe I'm just used to the simplicity of the PS4 so it will just take some time to adapt to but I find it takes too long to get to messages.

I also enjoyed the PS4 menues better. The messages and party chat were way better.

The menu I miss most is the one where you hold in the ps button and it opens a small box while still in game and you have stuff like Spotify etc in there. Was really handy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Friends and party is garbage. I'm not sure if there is something I'm missing but I find it very hard to just quick see what people are playing and what party they are actually in.

Because parties don't delete once every logs off, I'll see a old party set up and it shows each member and what they are playing but they aren't actually in that party.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Just got my tracking number from Smyths for the black DualSense, I had actually planned on cancelling the order but it shipped early so **** it I will just keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Rift apart down 5€ to 75€ on amazon already

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    Just got my tracking number from Smyths for the black DualSense, I had actually planned on cancelling the order but it shipped early so **** it I will just keep it.

Got mine for my red one this morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,938 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads I'm trying to buy R&C here on the store and I've €75 credit on my account but it doesn't seem to be showing up when I go to pay. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: figured it out, had to add an extra €5 to my account. I thought I used to be able to take the amount from my wallet and pay the balance on my card on PS4 but I must be mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭Varik

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Lads I'm trying to buy R&C here on the store and I've €75 credit on my account but it doesn't seem to be showing up when I go to pay. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: figured it out, had to add an extra €5 to my account. I thought I used to be able to take the amount from my wallet and pay the balance on my card on PS4 but I must be mixed up.

That's the way it's meant to work.

But there's a minimum of €5 charge for certain payment methods. So you couldn't use €75 from wallet and then €4.99 directly for the €79.99 game.

It used to just tell you there's a minimum charge, and you auto spend the €5 and just have 1c left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Pretty sure the minimum charge is gone these days. I've bought a couple of things under a fiver recently and just had to pay the exact amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Anyone else notice an improvement in battery life after the controller update?

• Advertisement

Anyone else notice an improvement in battery life after the controller update?

Yup. Big difference. Apparently it was a bug that made it show the battery was lower than it was rather than any upgrade to how it uses power.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Hey guys,just wondering, my nephew is hoping to get the ps5 soon. I have MM disc with a digital spiderman remaster code for the ps5.ive used the code.i was gonna give him MM as i dont play it,wud he be also able to play the remaster if i delete it off my account. Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Hey guys,just wondering, my nephew is hoping to get the ps5 soon. I have MM disc with a digital spiderman remaster code for the ps5.ive used the code.i was gonna give him MM as i dont play it,wud he be also able to play the remaster if i delete it off my account. Thanks.

No.
    But if you put your account on his PS5 you can download it for him and his account will have access to it.

F1ngers wrote: »
    No.
    But if you put your account on his PS5 you can download it for him and his account will have access to it.

Ok cool,thank you

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Ok cool,thank you

It’s not as simple as that, there are some sdrawbacks to digital game sharing on PS5 so read up on it before going ahead.

It’s not as simple as that, there are some sdrawbacks to digital game sharing on PS5 so read up on it before going ahead.

Yeah i thought so.ill probs just give him the MM disc and maybe buy him his own copy of the remaster. Thanks for the advise

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/BBGameStudios/status/1404890697006784521?s=19

https://twitter.com/BBGameStudios/status/1403333712885002250?s=19

This feels like either an unsubtle hint or is its going to blow up in their face badly. This is all that's been shown of Abandoned so far. The app thing is very strange anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 29,628 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Did they just out a PS5 event on that date? I read rumours of a PlayStation event in the next few weeks that would be in line with the proper death stranding Directors cut reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

What?!

To add more, what are they on about? And I'm lost on your reference to unsubtle hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,628 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Are they trying to hunt that Abandoned is actual the new Silent Hill game??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Rachet and Ff7 down to 70€ each on amazon now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Rachet and Ff7 down to 70€ each on amazon now

Get yourself an Indonesian PSN profile (have some brilliant sales sometimes) and Ratchet and Clank can be had for about €59 or from the US store (even easier to set up), €58.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

What's the issue? if they have pulled this and it doesn't just work il be skipping ps5 for a fair while.

Black DualSense arrived this morning, **** me it is nice. Can't wait until the rest of the console looks like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Nope, the second I select all or a single game to transfer to USB or upload to the cloud it shows as corrupt database, restart needed. I'll go through them one by one to see if I can salvage anything but it's unlikely.

Can get some saves off the PS4 from December at least but I've done a ton of gaming since then with a focus on getting trophies for a handful of games.

So I was somehow able to backup my saves now? Was just going through the list to see what games have been saved since I got my PS5 in December and was going to try backup one by one, first one worked whereas previously it said corrupt and restart so it tried them all and it worked. Just need to pack up the console and send it off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

Hi, looking for some advice which would be better for ps5 a 32 inch 4K at 60hz or a 34in QHD at 144hz . Thanks in advance

PS both from Dell ,2ms

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭Varik

george67 wrote: »
    Hi, looking for some advice which would be better for ps5 a 32 inch 4K at 60hz or a 34in QHD at 144hz . Thanks in advance

PS both from Dell ,2ms

PS5 doesn't do 1440p so the QHD might be a waste.

The monitor will upscale to QHD from 1080p or in some cases downscale from 4k.
    Monitor or TV scaling is never great. I think you'd get more from looking for a 1080p monitors with good colour and HDR at a higher refresh rate than either of those.

There 4k@120/144 monitors starting to appear, and prices will drop. Gigabyte released one recently but it's not available here yet and will be 600-700.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,894 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Black DualSense arrived this morning, **** me it is nice. Can't wait until the rest of the console looks like this.

Black is nice alright, red isn't too bad (looks a bit better than the shade in the promos), but would certainly be improved if the D pad and buttons were black for instance.
    The black pad could probably use a slight colour variety in a similar way, but the LEDs help its look in use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement