Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mecrab

recyclops wrote: »
    you can save a fortune with digital as well and not have the hassle of going into shops.

game share with someone like minded and every game is always half price, sales are even better bargains.

its horses for courses but the thoughts of going shopping for bargain then selling back to cex so they can gouge people gives me shivers

Reserving on Argos.ie and going to pick it up is hardly an ordeal.
    You don't have to deal with CeX at all if you just sell it to someone on Adverts for usually a better price

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mecrab wrote: »
    Reserving on Argos.ie and going to pick it up is hardly an ordeal.
    You don't have to deal with CeX at all if you just sell it to someone on Adverts for usually a better price

What happens if Argos is 30 minutes away? Or you don't/can't drive and there's no buses available?

Or you couldn't be arsed with all the offers of a PS1 copy of Crash Bandicoot and a half eaten egg mayo sandwich for your copy of Ratchet & Clank!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,209 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s a deal if you remove the egg from the half-eaten sandwich!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What happens if Argos is 30 minutes away? Or you don't/can't drive and there's no buses available?

Or you couldn't be arsed with all the offers of a PS1 copy of Crash Bandicoot and a half eaten egg mayo sandwich for your copy of Ratchet & Clank!!

Then you just buy digital. But if the digital version is 100 euro and it's a tenner in Argos, then you're out of luck with the digital edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Gamestop are doing a 50% off R&C if you trade in a select game. Guess it's time to finally trade in my 5 hours played Valhalla! Only reason I'll get it tbh, not a hope I'm spending €80 on a base game. Will also make it interesting to see how much BF6 will be considering it won't have a single player aspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Gamestop are doing a 50% off R&C if you trade in a select game. Guess it's time to finally trade in my 5 hours played Valhalla! Only reason I'll get it tbh, not a hope I'm spending €80 on a base game. Will also make it interesting to see how much BF6 will be considering it won't have a single player aspect.

BF 2042 is going to be €69.99 on PS5 and XBSX for the base version. It's up for pre-order.
    Editions

Gold Edition
    PS5

Battlefield™ 2042
    Pre-order Pack
    Early Access to Game Launch
    Year 1 Pass
    Cross-Gen Bundle €99.99

Standard Edition
    PS5

Battlefield™ 2042
    Pre-order Pack €69.99

Ultimate Edition
    PS5

Battlefield™ 2042
    Pre-order Pack
    Early Access to Game Launch
    Year 1 Pass
    Cross-Gen Bundle
    Midnight Ultimate Bundle
    Official Digital Artbook
    Exclusive Digital Soundtrack €119.99

Standard Edition

PS4

Battlefield™ 2042
    Pre-order Pack €69.99

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Do you happen to have the list of eligible games? Can't seem to locate in online.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,519 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

JackCDSt wrote: »
    Do you happen to have the list of eligible games? Can't seem to locate in online.

https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Here you go
    https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

Used to be bigger list pre lockdown, but possibly partly due to transition of old gen to new gen the smaller list as less value in ps4 games etc now

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Thanks lads, do you happen to know if the 50% is pre-order only or can I head in next week and get the offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Thanks lads, do you happen to know if the 50% is pre-order only or can I head in next week and get the offer?

As long as the game your trading in is still on the list you get the discount anytime, list normally updates start of each month, so should be grand next week

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just seeing about FFVII Remake Intergrade made me check prices.
    On amazon you can get the PS4 version for £29.49 and Intergrade for £56.93.
    So seems be cheaper to buy the PS4 version and then buy the DLC digitally, assuming that's the only difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Every game comes down eventually. TLOU II is already down to €20 and it's only a year old.

Yeah the prices of games after 6-12 months is usually quite good. Plus Black Friday where a lot of newer stuff is around €40, it's not too difficult to wait. If prices in shops aren't budging then CeX is usually cheap enough after a few months.

I usually buy two or three new games a year. I have a rule to not spend full price €60-70 on a game unless it's something I absolutely want day one like GTA or if it's a €40 remaster like Spyro or THPS. I know after 6 months prices will start to drop.

I have a backlog of various games from the last 5 years I haven't finished. By the time I'm free to check out something 'new' like Horizon next thing I know it's already been out two years and €20 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Demon Souls is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting traded in for RACHEL AND CLINK ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Demon Souls is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting traded in for RACHEL AND CLINK ;)

Nit a chance for me, Demon Souls has a lot more hours the Ratchet although that's obviously different if you're done with souls, I'm keeping it.

Probably get Ratchet at the weeken digitally

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Seems like my disc drive is faulty -_- had issues installing Gran Turismo Sport, wouldn't play a Blu-ray movie now wouldn't install GTA V.

Seems to work but after a little while the mechanism goes back and forth rapidly seemingly struggling.

Anyone know is there replacement stock like there was at launch or what's the story with faulty consoles these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Seems like my disc drive is faulty -_- had issues installing Gran Turismo Sport, wouldn't play a Blu-ray movie now wouldn't install GTA V.

Seems to work but after a little while the mechanism goes back and forth rapidly seemingly struggling.

Anyone know is there replacement stock like there was at launch or what's the story with faulty consoles these days?

If you send it back to Sony they will likely get you a new or refurb unit, the controllers only take about a week. If you want to return it from where you bought it your experience will differ greatly depending on where and when you bought it.

Markitron wrote: »
    If you send it back to Sony they will likely get you a new or refurb unit, the controllers only take about a week. If you want to return it from where you bought it your experience will differ greatly depending on where and when you bought it.

Bought it from Argos. Might give Sony a call, if they have units available that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I thought atleast Argos would be a small bit cheaper for rachet and clank but GameStop seems to be cheapest, Argos 5€ more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    I thought atleast Argos would be a small bit cheaper for rachet and clank but GameStop seems to be cheapest, Argos 5€ more
    This truly is the end of days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Was hoping Argos would be cheapest as usual!
    Is price confirmed with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Was hoping Argos would be cheapest as usual!
    Is price confirmed with them?

On the website it was 85€ for ff7, rift apart is also 85€

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

On the website it was 85€ for ff7, rift apart is also 85€

This is getting beyond ridiculous

$70 / €57.45 on the US Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

ShaneU wrote: »

US prices don't include VAT which explains some of the difference.

ShaneU wrote: »

Yeah it you buy digital US store is your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭joe199

Quick question guys recently got a ps5 and was wondering if I buy fifa ps4 disc version can I upgrade it free or do I need to get the ps5 version for the enhancements, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

joe199 wrote: »
    Quick question guys recently got a ps5 and was wondering if I buy fifa ps4 disc version can I upgrade it free or do I need to get the ps5 version for the enhancements, cheers

If you get the PS4 disc, you will be given the option to Download the PS5 version for free, but you need to keep the disc in the machine in order to play the PS5 version

I should mention also that Fifa 21 is free with EA Play, which costs about €25 quid a year - worth considering also, as you get loads of free games, discounts off new games, and 10 hour trials of new games too

Just played the first hour of Ratchet and Clank. Man , it's such a beautiful game especially on an OLED tv

• Advertisement

Some PlayStation Easter eggs

Advertisement