Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Nowhere under 79.99€?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Anyone else just going to wait for price drops?
    80yoyo just seems a bit too much for a new game at this point, even for a R&C

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Taltos wrote: »

I agree but I probably won't wait the 6 months it takes to even be 20 quid off!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,519 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Nowhere under 79.99€?

Nowhere. I had one of the games on Gamestops list which I'd long completed so got it for 40. Otherwise, I'd be waiting it out.

Nowhere seems to have it for less unless you're getting a digital copy from another region.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I’ll pay 60 quid for it whenever it gets to that price. It might take until the Christmas sale though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Bit the bullet and paid 80e in Smyths.
    Game looks too good. Take my money Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Seems like my disc drive is faulty -_- had issues installing Gran Turismo Sport, wouldn't play a Blu-ray movie now wouldn't install GTA V.

Seems to work but after a little while the mechanism goes back and forth rapidly seemingly struggling.

Anyone know is there replacement stock like there was at launch or what's the story with faulty consoles these days?

Called Sony, DPD label ready to go. They estimate 10-15 working days for a replacement.

A faulty disc drive under warranty isn't a big deal but for some reason I can't backup my PS4 game saves. 7 years of working towards 100% or platinum trophies in loads of games down the drain. :(

Really sorry about that.
    Can you not transfer the saves to an external hard drive or USB?

Nope, the second I select all or a single game to transfer to USB or upload to the cloud it shows as corrupt database, restart needed. I'll go through them one by one to see if I can salvage anything but it's unlikely.

Can get some saves off the PS4 from December at least but I've done a ton of gaming since then with a focus on getting trophies for a handful of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Nope, the second I select all or a single game to transfer to USB or upload to the cloud it shows as corrupt database, restart needed. I'll go through them one by one to see if I can salvage anything but it's unlikely.

Can get some saves off the PS4 from December at least but I've done a ton of gaming since then with a focus on getting trophies for a handful of games.

Have you tried rebuilding the database on your PS5? Bit of a long shot but it might work.

I'd actually be interested to see if there's a noticeable drop in sales at the current RRP.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    Have you tried rebuilding the database on your PS5? Bit of a long shot but it might work.

Yeah. Tried safe mode to update, clear cache and rebuild database. Odd one alright.

I’d be suprised if rachet isn’t 60€ by august

What about shopto it’s 64€ there anyone used um since brexit?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What about shopto it’s 64€ there anyone used um since brexit?
    They won't ship to Ireland. Cancelled all our ps5 orders. Bunch of cunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I’d be suprised if rachet isn’t 60€ by august

It won't be. Demon's Souls was out at launch and it's still €80. Their recent "sale" price was €70.

Ratchet might be €60 at Christmas if we're lucky

ShaneU wrote: »
    They won't ship to Ireland. Cancelled all our ps5 orders. Bunch of cunts.
    That’s sad to hear I’ve used Them a few times over the years

ShaneU wrote: »
    It won't be. Demon's Souls was out at launch and it's still €80. Their recent "sale" price was €70.

Ratchet might be €60 at Christmas if we're lucky

It's 60 quid in Smyth's or are we just talking abou the store?

The other thing with a game like Demon Souls, I know I'm gonna be terrible at it so I'm just not gonna buy it at anywhere near full price. Then you've got something like Returnal which I'll either love or hate it, I'd be more willing to take risk at lower price. Something like Rift, I'll buy in a month or two even if full price tbh. Mainly holding out for an OLED tv at this point. The risk with a Ratchet game is lower in my head I think.

The other thing with a game like Demon Souls, I know I'm gonna be terrible at it so I'm just not gonna buy it at anywhere near full price. Then you've got something like Returnal which I'll either love or hate it, I'd be more willing to take risk at lower price. Something like Rift, I'll buy in a month or two even if full price tbh. Mainly holding out for an OLED tv at this point. The risk with a Ratchet game is lower in my head I think.

I get that. I saw some people flying through Returnal and yet I haven finished it and put 50-60 hours in, I'm terrible at it lol.

Demon Souls however I had no problem finishing it but have played nearly all the soulsbourne games.

I think Ratchet will be great and not to taxing and can just enjoy what's happening :)

I've a few games I want to finish first but will buy it next week :)

petes wrote: »
    I get that. I saw some people flying through Returnal and yet I haven finished it and put 50-60 hours in, I'm terrible at it lol.

Demon Souls however I had no problem finishing it but have played nearly all the soulsbourne games.

I think Ratchet will be great and not to taxing and can just enjoy what's happening :)

I've a few games I want to finish first but will buy it next week :)

I might actually pick up the other souls games to taunt self with in mean time....

• Advertisement

I might actually pick up the other souls games to taunt self with in mean time....

For me it was probab the easiest of them all, still difficult in parts thou but it looks gorgeous!

Also, I played it first on a standard HD TV before gettin an oled

I got my 55cx for 1250€ In March they are absolutely worth the money and you might find one even cheaper with the footie on rn

I got my 55cx for 1250€ In March they are absolutely worth the money and you might find one even cheaper with the footie on rn

I got the BX and apart from a slightly slower processor there isn't much difference so would probably be even cheaper.

Yeah oled is bloody great for gaming, on pc at 4k 120 hdr it’s a thing to behold

Sony games do mostly seem to have better hdr though so really looking forward to rachet and clank

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So Battlefield 2042 is €79.99 on PS5. €69.99 on PS4.

€59.99 on PC.

Think the justification is that we will charge it because we can. Cheers $ony

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

EoinHef wrote: »
    So Battlefield 2042 is €79.99 on PS5. €69.99 on PS4.

It's also €69.99 on Xbox Series X and €59.99 on Xbox One.

€59.99 on PC.

Think the justification is that we will charge it because we can. Cheers $ony

The digital on the MS store is 69.99 and 79.99 too.
    smyths is both 64.99 and 74.99 for both.

Where you seeing the lower Xbox prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Varik wrote: »
    The digital on the MS store is 69.99 and 79.99 too.
    smyths is both 64.99 and 74.99 for both.

Where you seeing the lower Xbox prices.

My mistake. So it is,I was looking at the $ price.

Fixed post there.

Advertisement