Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Lower Decks (animated series)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

Rawr wrote: »
    I wonder if that Yeager Class was due to Revell's Voyager model kit range. (Which I remember being a seperate license than AMT had with the rest of Star Trek.

1596899.jpg

I had Voyager from that range, the Kazon raider and Kazon torpedo-ship. The last ship in the range was the Maquis ship. None of them maintained a similar scale, so I can easily imagine a gigantic Maquis vessel that you could glue onto a Voyager saucer.

That's exactly where it came from. I'd imagine doing stuff like that now would be a licensing nightmare especially for kits from outside the franchise like all the star destroyer kits littered around various Star Trek series.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Always thought they needed 2 nacells to form the warp field

Yes that is how Gene Roddenberry intended it to be but then from I suppose late TNG, DS9 on that changed. The Freedom class was at the Battle of Wolf 359 as seen in the wreckage not that it would have been able to do much a bit like driving a 1 litre car with a ton of brickets on a trailer behind it. I doubt it would get very far.
    That is what was good about Star Trek it had rules it was just a pity they were never written down and set in stone. The writers would have had to be more creative then instead of just getting lazy with some stories and episodes. They have all since been broken.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Rawr wrote: »
    I wonder if that Yeager Class was due to Revell's Voyager model kit range. (Which I remember being a seperate license than AMT had with the rest of Star Trek.

1596899.jpg

I had Voyager from that range, the Kazon raider and Kazon torpedo-ship. The last ship in the range was the Maquis ship. None of them maintained a similar scale, so I can easily imagine a gigantic Maquis vessel that you could glue onto a Voyager saucer.
    It's not a Voyager saucer. That would imply that that saucer came from a Voyager class ship. It did not. It came from an Intrepid class ship and so it's a saucer from an Intrepid class of ship that was never finished which to me if you have half a ship built does not make that much sense. Surely finishing that ship would have made more sense than sticking two totally different ships together and would also be a far superior ship than the kit bash too. I know the in canon reason was Starfleet need more ships quickly and just stuck anything together and the other real world reason was budget.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

AMKC wrote: »
    the other real world reason was budget.
    If it was solely down to budget they would have used models they had already, I think they did it to flesh out the fleets even more so it didn't turn out like the end of Picard.

Time could have been an in universe factor in these types of ships, there are others like the Centaur and Curry types, where a capable ship now is better than a perfect ship later.

It happened in the real world too, the Imperial Japanese Navy tried to convert all sorts of ships in to aircraft carriers instead of waiting to build new ones which ranged from mixed to disastrous results.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Always thought they needed 2 nacells to form the warp field

Each galaxy class style of nacelle has 2 lots of warp coils in it so a single one is in fact a pair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Finally got around to sitting down and watching all of Lower Decks...

At the start of the season I thought it was mostly just fine, but damn by the end they had won me over completely. That Finale!!! Excellent stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

• Registered Users Posts: 20,917 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Jeffrey Combs is going to make a guest appearance as an evil computer in one of the episodes.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

As if the show didn't already need more validation as the closest in spirit to Trek, one of its most cherished and liked jobbing guest actors will turn up.

Ms

That looks brilliant and even better than season 1. Can't wait. When does it drop. Also Duncan McKNeill as Tom Paris in it again kinda cool.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It is nice to be excited about the return of a Star Trek series again, and feeling confident we're definitely gonna be in for a good time, compared to Discovery and Picard.

Ms

Yes it is. Not long to wait either that's great. Must watch season 1 again before it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Rawr

Well, that looks like I might enjoy it again. Actually looking forward to new Trek, can you imagine?!!

Yet again, I wonder if Kurtzman kept his distance for this one. The talking Tom Paris plate suggests....yes.

Heh, just got the Nemesis reference at 1:30 :)

Episodes for this are going to appear on Amazon from August 13th, one day after US broadcast. Noice. If short notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Rawr

Awesome, can watch them on an actual app this time instead of pirating watching them in...other perfectly legal ways....

Is primevideo missing episodes of the 1st season?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Just had a look there and I see all 10 episodes.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

They were missing for me, last week, when doing a watch which actually registered as a legit view.

Prime is bloody random, at times, with it's viewing permissions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There seems to be two feeds of lower decks for some reason one with episodes missing and one without.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's baaaack.

Will try and get it watched at lunch

Happy to wait 'til it appears on Amazon; can we try and keep spoilers within that mindset - given I doubt I'm the only one who'll wait the day 'til it appears Au Naturelle as it were 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

There are four lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭corkie

See link below for how to create spoilers <<<< edited

^^^ Just trying to workout how to spoiler stuff now

Read the how to. And got it working.

Ignore this post nothing here, yet to watch.

Post edited by corkie on

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

I had to do a bit of searching around the site to work out how it's now done. Highlight the text you want to tag and you can select it from the format button to the left and then find the dropdown.

It's a bit of a pain!

No, those old tag formats don't work anymore - see here for a howto https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058199126/how-can-i-a-users-guide-to-the-new-site#latest Basically there's a formatting option in the text editor now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

WHEN IS THIS RELEASED

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement