Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Has anyone got an email from DPD saying they are going to donate your existing balance to charity?

Can they do that with your credit?

Has anyone got an email from DPD saying they are going to donate your existing balance to charity?

Can they do that with your credit?

They also said in the email that my balance was over a tenner less than the actual balance. Absolute chancers.

They also said in the email that my balance was over a tenner less than the actual balance. Absolute chancers.

I have 17 euro in my account. They said on their email I had 3.50 euro. And they are going to donate it on my behalf. Which is either a mistake or complete deception on their behalf.

Thing is, if I want to donate my money, I will.
    I do.
    Why do they think they can donate my money for me? Just give it back..

Mine had the choice of 2 charities or a gift card for the amount, which was wrong anyway. They'll be making a fortune off this, where would you report it to?

Check your emails.

You can pick one of their chosen charities or receive some type of unknown gift card.

Also check your online balance with what they have declare you have on the email.

They said I have 3 euro when in fact I have 17 euro.

Do they have an obligation to refund your unused cash?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Check your emails.

You can pick one of their chosen charities or receive some type of unknown gift card.

Also check your online balance with what they have declare you have on the email.

You lodged funds with DPD to pay for services (parcel delivery via a UK 'post-box' onward to ROI) to be rendered. Then DPD ceased to provide such services. Therefore, you are entitled to a full refund of ALL outstanding funds balances on your account!

ANY 'donation(s)' to 'charity' can only happen if you agree to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Thank god I used all my balance before they closed PW.

I wonder if chargeback/paypal claim would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    You lodged funds with DPD to pay for services (parcel delivery via a UK 'post-box' onward to ROI) to be rendered. Then DPD ceased to provide such services. Therefore, you are entitled to a full refund of ALL outstanding funds balances on your account!

ANY 'donation(s)' to 'charity' can only happen if you agree to it!
    It would actually depend on the terms and conditions that you agreed to.

As it was UK government Brexit that caused the service to be stopped, there may have been a condition regarding that we or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,533 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Check your emails.

Got the email (twice) today. What a shower of unprincipled scumbags! It's my money, not yours! Now, in my case it's the princely sum of €3.85 (and they got it right too) but it's the thought that counts. Bear in mind they originally said they'd refund us all in January, y'know - five months ago. Whatever about the charity, the gift voucher for a retailer seems to be for a random place of their choosing - WTF?!

joujoujou wrote: »
    Thank god I used all my balance before they closed PW.

I wonder if chargeback/paypal claim would work?
    Hmm.....Paypal claim limit is six months - and it's now approx six months since the last payments that would have been made. They'd hardly be that unscrupulous.......would they?!

Just looked at the email there again. We have four days (until the 18th) to decide between one of the two charities, or a mystery retailer. If we don't click on one of the three buttons for those choices, they'll give it to charity then. There is no option to disagree. This can't be legal. And I thought Ryanair were audacious with their voucher nonsense.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Just got my email. Very bad optics, considering DPD are still an active company. I tried a dispute with paypal, but they closed it 'The case was closed as this transaction is ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection.'
    I am a few weeks past the 6months cover from paypal. I'm suspicious that is why DPD waited til 6 months later to email us.

Just looked at the email there again. We have four days (until the 18th) to decide between one of the two charities, or a mystery retailer. If we don't click on one of the three buttons for those choices, they'll give it to charity then. There is no option to disagree. This can't be legal. And I thought Ryanair were audacious with their voucher nonsense.....

I emailed them , requesting my balance was returned in full to my card or paypal

SOme bunch of cowboys..

Is there no body in this country this can be reported to?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Duffycon

Hey folks anyone have issues with DPD deliveries? I am not a customer of theirs but I ordered a product from Fragrance X online in the States who use DPD. I ordered it on the 1st of July and it appears stuck in the Netherlands since 14th of July. I contacted landline in Netherlands and menu is in Dutch!!!

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I paid duty/VAT on a purchase from the UK which I had to return. I have received confirm that the seller has received the returned goods.

Does anybody know with DPD, how do I claim for the a refund of the VAT/duty paid?

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Thanks for the reply, the revenue site says though "Parcels delivered by a courier or express carrier

You should contact the company who delivered your parcel. The contact details should have accompanied your parcel"

Does that mean to go through the delivery company or just to get the necessary details? If it is to revenue the claim is made where do you send it to?

As per usual the revenue sites are as clear as mud.

My bad, looks like you do have to go through DPD - try customerservices@dpd.ie

Customer services gave me this email to claim the refund for customs duty paid: dutyandvatcollection@dpdgroup.co.uk

I sent on proof of receipt of the return from the vendor and the VAT receipt so we'll see where it goes from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I have got an email from this company asking me to pay a customs charge on a parcel. My name and address is on it, the tracking number is correct, however it doesn't mention dpd couriers who they would collecting on behalf on.

Anyone know if it's the real deal?

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Are you expecting a parcel from outside the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I assume this is the correct thread for a DPD query.

I made a transaction with a guest account and received a postage label by email. The pdf label appears to be corrupt and wont open in any pdf viewer I've tried. The chat bot keeps asking me for a tracking number but I don't recall getting any tracking number and if it's included in the pdf I can't access it. It's not in the email body they sent either.

I've emailed them in reply to the emailed pdf but I get no response from that. I also found an itsupport email where they did reply but their suggestion didn't work either. Any suggestons?

Open the PDF file in a text viewer like Notepad, you might be able to retrieve the tracking number that way

To update on this - the .co.uk email was incorrect as they replied from there to tell me so.

The gave me one for Ireland which is customs@dpd.ie - I sent the VAT receipt and proof of receipt of the returned goods.

The replied about 10 days later to say they had filed for the customs refund ( I assume with Revenue) and to give it 7/10 working days.

So......anyone actually receive their mystery voucher "refund"?! Not me anyway. Dare I say DPD have stolen my €3.85?

VAT refund on the my order from the UK was received today from DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I’ve missed two DPD deliveries this week because there was no text alerts to say they were due or out for delivery.

What would be the reason this might happen? They were both from stores that I buy from regularly. What do I need to do to get delivery alerts restarted?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭dannyo666

Parcel wizard are gone since Brexit i believe along with all other mail forwarding companies like parcel motel.....Have they started up again?Cant believe ive missed this if they have.........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

They're gone for good. Few small businesses though offering collection service (P.O. box like), but obviously not as convenient as PW/PM - you have to cross the border and collect what you bought.

Unsure if I'm allowed to post links here - look up social media, they're there.

• Advertisement

did anyone manage to get their money refunded?

Advertisement