Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Fendy

Just bumping this - no sign of my Parcel Wizard credit being refunded. Same for everyone?

I didn't get my refund either and no reply from them when I asked about it.

Has anyone else had a gift delivered from the UK with DPD since Brexit?

The item is clearly marked on all the paperwork as a gift, DPD acknowledge its marked a gift but according to them its in their terms and conditions (I can't find it) that they charge VAT on everything coming from the UK now regardless of whether its a gift below the threshold or not. Feel like they're trying to pull a fast one on me and are sending me from pillar to post on it.

Have contacted revenue to hear what they have to say about it as it was their website that my friend sending me the gift relied on for the threshold

Fendy wrote: »
    I didn't get my refund either and no reply from them when I asked about it.

I asked about a month ago and they said it was coming but it never did. Wasn’t expecting much better in fairness.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Quick question- hopefully someone knows the answer.
    I have tried the Revenue document- but can't find them answered.
    I thought second hand clothes were zero rated for VAT.
    I use a UK website to get vintage clothing the odd time- and got a horrendous VAT demand from DPD this morning.
    I have received a few parcels from the same company- but sent via Royal Mail / An Post in Jan/Feb/March- this is the first time using DPD and the first time I've gotten a weird VAT demand. Including charges- the VAT and charges come to almost 100% the value of the consignment (which is around EUR82 with a demand of EUR 78.76)

I've gotten no where with DPD, the Revenue document, or elsewhere- and don't know whether to just refuse delivery, or whether there is a better alternate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I use a UK website to get vintage clothing the odd time- and got a horrendous VAT demand from DPD this morning.
    I have received a few parcels from the same company- but sent via Royal Mail / An Post in Jan/Feb/March- this is the first time using DPD and the first time I've gotten a weird VAT demand. Including charges- the VAT and charges come to almost 100% the value of the consignment (which is around EUR82 with a demand of EUR 78.76)

I've gotten no where with DPD, the Revenue document, or elsewhere- and don't know whether to just refuse delivery, or whether there is a better alternate.

A few points:

1. Unless they are children's clothing, all used clothing is liable to VAT on import.
    2. The VAT will be based on the total value, including the shipping cost.
    3. On top of that, DPD's clearance fees kick in, so a chunk of the €78.76 includes an amount for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Shyboy wrote: »
    My cousin in the UK sent me a parcel over a week ago and I noticed on 9th it was in Athlone, but moved no further.

I contacted DPD today and they said as he did not supply any customs details, they cannot clear it and it will be returned back to the UK.

I contacted my cousin who said he had to supply the customs details when booking, description of the goods, value and commodity code, so everything should be there?

I have asked DPD if I can get this sorted without the package being returned, but I am going around in circles?

Did you get this sorted, think I may have run into a similar issue.
    Parcel was booked through parcel2go and had customs data entered.
    Used them twice last month without issue.. this one the tracking before arriving in Ahtlone looks different and got no email to pay custom charges like I did the other times.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    A few points:

1. Unless they are children's clothing, all used clothing is liable to VAT on import.
    2. The VAT will be based on the total value, including the shipping cost.
    3. On top of that, DPD's clearance fees kick in, so a chunk of the €78.76 includes an amount for that.

Their clearance fee is 5e
    For that amount of vat, they valued the parcel 250-300 euro, its waaaaay off.

Can you pm me the tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Ordered an item via Currys coming from UK with DPD. It's cleared customs in Athlone already (pretty good given I ordered it on Sat). Just wondering does anyone have a good guestimate on time-frame from Athlone to Dublin. It's been "customs cleared" at around 06:00 today (Monday). Anyone else with experience of how long they got their product after?

My cousin in the UK sent me a parcel over a week ago and I noticed on 9th it was in Athlone, but moved no further.

I contacted DPD today and they said as he did not supply any customs details, they cannot clear it and it will be returned back to the UK.

I contacted my cousin who said he had to supply the customs details when booking, description of the goods, value and commodity code, so everything should be there?

I have asked DPD if I can get this sorted without the package being returned, but I am going around in circles?

So it seems this is a recurring issue with DPD. My parcel is stuck in Athlone for 3 scans, but I done some investigating and found many parcels in my tracking number range have the same issue, even though they are from different origins in uk. There is 20 successive parcels with Zero mention of customs on their tracking, even so, 10 of them were delivered as if nothing was wrong whilst 10 are stuck in Athlone. I contacted DPD, like you, said lack of customs data, but I know the data was provided as was booked on parcel2go and had to provide customs data in order to book the parcel. I can see on the tracking compared to my other parcel2go parcel and other dpd tracking numbers, it is lacking any mention of customs and 'parcel has left the uk'. DPD did not process them properly before arriving in Ireland. Still, they released 10 of these parcels for delivery whilst kept others back even though it is their f up.

1 - 29th/30th/2nd Athlone - Amazon
    2 - 30th Athlone - Amazon
    3 - 29th/30th/2nd Athlone - Unknown
    4 - 29th/30th/2nd Athlone - ishop247
    5 - Delivered - Amazon
    6 - 29th/30th/2nd Athlone - Amazon
    7 - 29th/30th/2nd Athlone - Amazon
    8 - Delivered - Amazon
    9 - Delivered - Brother
    10 - 29th/30th/2nd Athlone - Amazon
    11 - Delivered - Parcel2Go
    12 - 29th/30th/2nd Athlone - Parcel2Go
    13 - Delivered - Parcel2Go
    14 - Delivered - Parcel2Go
    15 - Delivered - Parcel2Go
    16 - 29th/30th/2nd Athlone - Parcel2Go (MY PARCEL)
    17 - 29th/30th/2nd Athlone - Parcel2Go
    18 - Delivered - Parcel2Go
    19 - Delivered - Parcel2Go
    20 - Delivered - Parcel2Go

• Advertisement

DPD fudging up loads of peoples parcels. Apparently no customs data but 100% parcel2go provide customs data whilst booking the parcel. Also Amazon charge irish vat+duty at checkout. 4 months after Brexit it seems DPD are still unable to process parcels properly. And this isn't a once off proven by the other complaint here recently. Definitely avoid using them for now.

All these parcels are successive tracking numbers arriving from uk at pretty much the same time. None with any info regarding customs on the tracking like my other parcels from DPD which were delivered fine. 50% were still delivered and 50% held back.

- 29th/30th/3rd/4th Athlone - Clarks
    - Delivered - Interparcel
    - 29th/30th/3rd/4th Athlone - FFX (Now returned to sender)
    - 29th/30th/3rd/4th Athlone - Amazon
    - Delivered - Amazon
    - 29th/30th/4th Athlone - Amazon
    - 30th/3rd Athlone - Amazon (Now out for delivery)
    - 29th/30th/3rd/4th Athlone - Unknown
    - 29th/30th/3rd/4th Athlone - ishop247 (Now returned to sender)
    - Delivered - Amazon
    - 29th/30th/3rd/4th Athlone - Amazon (Now returned to sender)
    - Delivered - Amazon
    - Delivered - Brother
    - 29th/30th/3rd/4th Athlone - Amazon (Now returned to sender)
    - Delivered - Parcel2Go
    - 29th/30th/3rd/4th Athlone - Parcel2Go
    - Delivered - Parcel2Go
    - Delivered - Parcel2Go
    - Delivered - Parcel2Go
    - 29th/30th/3rd/4th Athlone - Parcel2Go (MY PARCEL)
    - 29th/30th/3rd/4th Athlone - Parcel2Go
    - Delivered - Parcel2Go
    - Delivered - Parcel2Go
    - Delivered - Parcel2Go

Can you please pm me your tracking number, I want to check how many other parcels were affected along with your one by checking nearby tracking numbers. Going to make a complaint and can use your number+the other parcels as proof this is recurring issue and not just a once off.

When a parcel is properly processed, it can always be seen on the DPD UK tracking, a scan in a DPD Hub such as Hub 4, Hub 5. Then followed by a message soon after, maybe an hour or 2 "Your parcel has left the UK for the Republic of Ireland" Followed by a message regarding customs clearance once arrives in Athlone. With affected parcels, after the Hub scan in the UK, the parcel just appears in Athlone and is either delivered the next day or held over and over again.

Seems they are periodically transporting batches of parcels into Ireland without any customs processing despite definitely being provided with the customs data. Strangely with the other affected parcels I mentioned, 9/10 of the delivered parcels were headed to Dublin, whilst 9/10 of the parcels held back were supposed to be delivered outside of Dublin. Can see this by checking which dpd post code applies to the parcel, ZZ750AA or ZZ710AA. I guess it boils down to individual workers in sorting areas letting parcels without customs data slide through, whilst someone more serious working in sorting area for parcels headed outside Dublin holding them back.

So did you get your parcel in the end or what happened?
    Out of the 27 affected parcels in tracking range of mine
    12 delivered
    6 returned to sender
    9 have been scanned 4 times in Athlone but no further scans since the 4th.
    All parcels arrived in Athlone Thursday last week.

Ordered a charger from UK last week (2nd) been sitting in DPD depot in Athlone since the 3rd. Can't see why it would be there for 5 days, is it possible they are trying to contact me to pay VAT and charges or is that done after delivery with DPD?

as above

Parcel of secondhand clothing from Messina Hembry sent by DPD to me in Dublin- impounded at Athlone and sent back to sender, as 'incomplete customs declaration'. DPD really aren't doing themselves any favours..........

Parcel of secondhand clothing from Messina Hembry sent by DPD to me in Dublin- impounded at Athlone and sent back to sender, as 'incomplete customs declaration'. DPD really aren't doing themselves any favours..........

See my past posts, I know for a fact my parcel has complete customs declaration as do many other affected parcels as most are from Amazon who charge irish vat at checkout but still returning some to Amazon. Please pm me your tracking number. Its incompetence by DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Finally got my refund from Parcel Wizard account.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Anybody who has a DPD parcel stuck in Athlone for several days please pm me your tracking. The more the merrier.

scotchy wrote: »
    Finally got my refund from Parcel Wizard account.

Well done, I've been after them for a while now to get mine..no luck so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

spix wrote: »
    Can you please pm me your tracking number, I want to check how many other parcels were affected along with your one by checking nearby tracking numbers. Going to make a complaint and can use your number+the other parcels as proof this is recurring issue and not just a once off.

When a parcel is properly processed, it can always be seen on the DPD UK tracking, a scan in a DPD Hub such as Hub 4, Hub 5. Then followed by a message soon after, maybe an hour or 2 "Your parcel has left the UK for the Republic of Ireland" Followed by a message regarding customs clearance once arrives in Athlone. With affected parcels, after the Hub scan in the UK, the parcel just appears in Athlone and is either delivered the next day or held over and over again.

Seems they are periodically transporting batches of parcels into Ireland without any customs processing despite definitely being provided with the customs data. Strangely with the other affected parcels I mentioned, 9/10 of the delivered parcels were headed to Dublin, whilst 9/10 of the parcels held back were supposed to be delivered outside of Dublin. Can see this by checking which dpd post code applies to the parcel, ZZ750AA or ZZ710AA. I guess it boils down to individual workers in sorting areas letting parcels without customs data slide through, whilst someone more serious working in sorting area for parcels headed outside Dublin holding them back.

Hi Spix,

So sorry, I haven't been on this forum for a while and just seen your messages and your PM.

Very interesting (and frustrating) what you have found. My parcel was returned to the UK, but is stuck in a hub in Birmingham since 21st April.

I have contacted Parcel2go and DPD almost every day and I am getting nowhere. :mad:

I will PM you the tracking number now.

• Advertisement

Hi Spix,

So sorry, I haven't been on this forum for a while and just seen your messages and your PM.

Very interesting (and frustrating) what you have found. My parcel was returned to the UK, but is stuck in a hub in Birmingham since 21st April.

I have contacted Parcel2go and DPD almost every day and I am getting nowhere. :mad:

I will PM you the tracking number now.

Thanks, got your tracking number. Much like my parcel, nearby tracking numbers to yours are also affected. -1 and -2 DPD IE tracking numbers have exact same issue as yours, 1 is from Amazon.co.uk and other 'Willow' , ruling out the sender is at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Can you get an item sent to a DPD pickup point in NI and then collect from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Can someone clarify - what is the story with Parcel Wizard and Duty re: Amazon.
    As I understand it - duty is paid on the AMazon UK side, so if I decide to ship a bottle of whiskey from Amazon via PW am I liable for additional charges or no?
    I'm assuming I would be, as I'm shipping to NI in the first instance.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

Diceicle wrote: »
    As I understand it - duty is paid on the AMazon UK side, so if I decide to ship a bottle of whiskey from Amazon via PW am I liable for additional charges or no?

Parcel Wizard (and Parcel Motel) stopped in December.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Parcel Wizard NI is finished since December. You would have to pay excise duty and charges on it, if customs allow it.

Finally got my refund from Parcel Wizard today :D

Don't- it'll most likely be confiscated by customs- even the Department of Agriculture are confiscating whiskey and stuff being brought in these days. Seriously- don't do it- its a headwreck- if you want a bottle of Scotch or whatever- best bet is the Celtic Whiskey shop on Dawson Street (not cheap, but excellent selection).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody know what “Cancelled OFD scan”means?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

OFD means "out for delivery". Dunno about the rest though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

joujoujou wrote: »
    OFD means "out for delivery". Dunno about the rest though. ;)

Thanks that was fairly obvious.
    I think DPD only delivers in the town on Saturday unless it’s Christmas or very busy.

Advertisement