Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

mint man wrote: »
    Could you pm installer details please

would love these details too, I have sent a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭borus22222

My recent quote which I went for - waiting for the installation.

12 PANELS 340 WATT 4KW .JA SOLAR 25 YEARS GUARANTEE.

4.8 PYLON TEC. BATTERY

5 SOLIS HYBRID INVERTER .

WI FI DONGLE

8k-3k=5k net cost

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

Hi Guys.

I know very little about solar PV etc. What does this quote look like?

Battery System (Alpha)
    4.68kp of modules kitted to 5.7kWh battery storage
    12 x Bisol Premium 390w Monocrystalline modules (All black modules)*
    Bisol Mounting system on a Slate roof
    1 x Projoy Fire Safety Switch
    AC Switch Gear
    Alpha 5 kWp Inverter kitted to 5.7kWh storage capacity
    Costing
    €10,500(inclusive of VAT)
    +€500 (Eddi Hot Water Diverter)
    +€1,800 (Additional Battery 5.7kW)
    -€3,000 (Grant)
    €9,800 Final cost after grant incentive

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Can someone PM me some installer details? I'd like to get a few quotes to see what costs are like for a PV system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

kheb wrote: »
    Hi Guys.

Battery System (Alpha)
    AC Switch Gear
    Costing
    -€3,000 (Grant)

Horribe price. Run a mile away. Look at the poster above you who paid half for an almost comparable system. Also why do you need the additional battery? It will never pay for itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭championc

kheb wrote: »
    Hi Guys.

Battery System (Alpha)
    AC Switch Gear
    Costing
    -€3,000 (Grant)

Look back about a 5 posts and you'll see a guide of €1k per kWp !!! You're looking at 4.68kWp so expect around €4500 before the battery - so +€1800 for the battery, so realistically €6k total

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭remoteboy

v10 wrote: »
    yeah, thats the one, at €7000 it was a good quote, about €1000 less than the next best quote I had got. But we had done a bit of negoitiating and eventually agreed that price, I paid a €2000 deposit, and then nothing for 2 weeks, until he emailed me (not even the courtesy of a call) and told me the price had to go up by €2000 due to an error. Waiting for deposit back now. :rolleyes:

I’m worried now. Think I went with the same supplier. He went very quiet after I paid the deposit. Chased him up today. Hoping to get an install date out of him tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Had my installer back today to do a few tweaks.

Firat words when he got out of the van were "you're a popular boy on boards anyway".

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

A complete novice here so wondering if there is much of a difference between quality of the panels available in the market. I have received 2 quotes from the one company for their "standard" panels and their "superior" panels.

Their standard panels are Longi 360w and superior panels are Rec Alpha 370w.

In summary the quotes are for 10 panels, 2.4kw battery and iboost.

Net of the grant the quote is €7,800 for the superior panels and €6,700 for the standard

Any thoughts?

tommy249 wrote: »
    A complete novice here so wondering if there is much of a difference between quality of the panels available in the market. I have received 2 quotes from the one company for their "standard" panels and their "superior" panels.

Net of the grant the quote is €7,800 for the superior panels and €6,700 for the standard

Any thoughts?

IMO, Longi are one of the best, and we'll rated. Overall, there's feck all difference.

As for the price, well, for 3.6kWp, you can see for yourself based on the guide in recent posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,247 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Any thoughts?

Both quotes are awful tbh.

4k max. Even that would be on the high side.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭samdeluxjones

championc wrote: »
    IMO, Longi are one of the best, and we'll rated. Overall, there's feck all difference.

As for the price, well, for 3.6kWp, you can see for yourself based on the guide in recent posts

A lot of solar farms using Longi now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Just came across this page:
    https://www.energia.ie/plans-and-switching-info/grid

1. Full Package - Smart Battery + Solar PV: €14,000 for 2kWp Solar and 4.8kWh Smart Moixa Battery (€2,400 grant available).

2. Smart Moixa Battery only: €6,000 for 2kWp 4.8kWh (€600 grant available).

3. Solar only: €8,000 for 2kWp (€1,800 grant available).

:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭idc

garo wrote: »

You forgot they have an added incentive of 7.4c per kWh export to persuade people!!! But I expect most people would not realise a 2kW system is not going to have a massive export. :eek:

I wonder is the system gold plated or diamond crusted ? Must be at €14k for a 2kW system and 4.8kW battery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

8K for the battery OMFG. Sadly so many will be suckered in thinking its the best deal ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

MAULBROOK wrote: »
    8K for the battery OMFG. Sadly so many will be suckered in thinking its the best deal ever.

well, in all fairness, if people don't shop around they deserve to be robbed blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Deagol

garo wrote: »

That’s just criminal but as people have said, you’d want to be naive not to check it out before buying.

Just seen a post on Facebook from an ACTIVE company, some poor lad was happy as a pig in poo with his setup. It was a 3kw panels Solis 5kw inverter with diverter and NO battery, €10000 after grant.
    Utter madness.

SHOP AROUND PEOPLE.

Had the installer out yesterday to fit the electrics. He’s back on Monday to put the panels in. Very exciting altogether. Nice neat job too.

• Advertisement

remoteboy wrote: »
    Had the installer out yesterday to fit the electrics. He’s back on Monday to put the panels in. Very exciting altogether. Nice neat job too.

Nice, as we all tilt our heads to the left:D

Welcome to a chronic addiction to the app and a shxt load of weather apps

Nice, as we all tilt our heads to the left:D

Welcome to a chronic addiction to the app and a shxt load of weather apps

Ha! It was the right way up on my phone. Using boards on mobile so didn’t see a preview of the image.

Looking forward to complaining about the weather even more than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

Nice neat setup. Don't suppose you know the size of that cable trunking he used. Moving my setup out to garden shed this month and looking for something to tidy cables into but most I have seen are too small so be interested to see size of that one

irishchris wrote: »
    Nice neat setup. Don't suppose you know the size of that cable trunking he used. Moving my setup out to garden shed this month and looking for something to tidy cables into but most I have seen are too small so be interested to see size of that one

Looks like 50mm x 50mm.
    Plenty of sizes available in Electrical wholesalers and very cheap

irishchris wrote: »

I’ll dig out a measuring tape and find out for you.

I’ll dig out a measuring tape and find out for you.

Appreciate that as will pick some up tomorrow from electrical wholesalers when know the size. Cheers

Also anyone know if there is any issue with putting DC and AC cables in same trunking in short distance such as in this install in the picture as wasn't sure whether to run two trunking or not?

Looks like 50mm x 50mm.

Give that man a prize. It’s 50mm x 50mm.

Give that man a prize. It’s 50mm x 50mm.

Cheers, pitched one up today, exactly what was needed thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Any thoughts?

Got a new quote from a 3rd supplier that I am happier with

4.3kw system
    12 longi 360 panels
    4G inverter
    Eddi controller
    On-line monitoring

€5,400 after grant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement