Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

endainoz wrote: »
    Yeah no one cares

i mean i do? and clearly you do since you responded, but okay.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭endainoz

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Interesting

Government has plans to reopen live entertainment from June

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/XbQBsM

Good news, particularly that the government are working with festival republic themselves. If news is due Friday, Leo will probably leak it midweek.

i mean i do? and clearly you do since you responded, but okay.....

It was more of a reference to your opinion on this thread, but I have no interest in getting into an internet argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

It was more of a reference to your opinion on this thread, but I have no interest in getting into an internet argument.

I'll get the popcorn ...

waits....

hmmm, interesting that you needed to comment at all in the first place so.....
    i merely responded that it was unlikely to happen due to the reasons another poster mentioned, if you dont like that then feel free to just ignore it and keep living your life

• Advertisement

hmmm, interesting that you needed to comment at all in the first place so.....
    i merely responded that it was unlikely to happen due to the reasons another poster mentioned, if you dont like that then feel free to just ignore it and keep living your life

Stop this negative sh!t.

I BELIEVE! We will be there this year. I got me vaccine I'm good to go!

(I am definitely up for an internet argument, but I am a bit busy with work today so maybe I can fit you on Thursday 10:00 for a 30 minute slot?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The aggression shown towards anyone that dares suggest that EP is unlikely to go ahead is interesting. Above we have multiple posters trying to shut down others for expressing their opinion.

Government today are talking about having 5% capacity in outdoor stadiums in July.
    I'd say full capacity 80k at EP the first week of September is even more remote now than it was last week.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/aviation-hospitality-and-live-events-in-line-to-reopen-by-end-july-1.4573048
    Under the scenario set out by several Ministers, indoor hospitality in restaurants and pubs will be allowed from early July. In addition, spectators will be allowed at selected sporting events, as long as their numbers do not exceed 5 per cent of capacity. For Croke Park, that would mean about 4,000 spectators; for the Aviva Stadium, in the region of 3,000. That percentage of capacity is set to increase as the summer progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Antigen tests will make it happen, they HSE are being dragged down that road much to their reluctance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,134 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The aggression shown towards anyone that dares suggest that EP is unlikely to go ahead is interesting. Above we have multiple posters trying to shut down others for expressing their opinion.

Government today are talking about having 5% capacity in outdoor stadiums in July.
    I'd say full capacity 80k at EP the first week of September is even more remote now than it was last week.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/aviation-hospitality-and-live-events-in-line-to-reopen-by-end-july-1.4573048

Aggression?

Christ - where's my pearls!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

In reality, there's little chance it'll actually go ahead. I'm pretty sure we all know that, deep down.

At the minute that doesn't matter. All that matters is we have a small sliver of hope that we'll be able to get back giging, and gather on the hallowed grounds to chat with like minded musos.

"it's not happening"
    Yea, whatever. Just let us enjoy a few weeks of hope and anticipation, and a spell where we pray to God / ask the Universe / hail Satan that it might just happen.

I'd welcome the dreaded Saturday morning hangover at this stage.

• Advertisement

I can also selectively quote from the same article:
    Minister for Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media Catherine Martin is also working on a detailed programme that will allow live events to be piloted from late June, similar to live outdoor gigs in Liverpool earlier this month.

5% capacity for live outdoor gigs will not happen as it is not economically possible to do it.

No one is trying to shut anyone down. We are just grasping at the very positive signs recently, with deaths and hospital cases reducing and also the increased vaccine rollout.

It's unlike me to be "glass half full", but I need to be at this stage and I believe I have good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I can also selectively quote from the same article:

5% capacity for live outdoor gigs will not happen as it is not economically possible to do it.

No one is trying to shut anyone down. We are just grasping at the very positive signs recently, with deaths and hospital cases reducing and also the increased vaccine rollout.

It's unlike me to be "glass half full", but I need to be at this stage and I believe I have good reason.
    It was more "relevant quoting" than "selective quoting".
    That bit doesn't really tell us anything new, as we've known for several weeks that they'd be doing live test events at some vague point in the next few months. Hopefully they'll give some details on Friday.
    The part I included sets a figure, which is much lower than I thought it would be, and says that capacity will increase as the summer progresses. I'd imagine FR need to know long before some vague point in the summer if they can have a 100% capacity event, because there isn't much options otherwise.

Maybe not "shut anyone down" but I don't see how telling people that no one cares, or to stop this negative sh1t because they don't go along with the sunshine and lollipops head in the sand outlook, is particularly helpful.

The current plan is to hold some test events at the end of June, and then decide in July on what's possible, presumably once the data comes back.
    If they're waiting until mid-July to make a call on what the conditions around live events is going to be, then I can't see EP happening 6 weeks later.
    The fact that Benn/EP still haven't come out with the lineup that was promised in mid-March seems to indicate that they're not confident either.

Hopefully things change in the next few weeks, and I'd fully expect live events outdoors to be happening by August, and indoor gigs not long after, but certainly can't see EP being one of them.
    My reading of today's info is bad news for EP happening, rather than good news.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/covid-reopening-of-major-sectors-will-be-steady-martin-says-1.4573501
    Mr Martin said the Government will try some events next month and then decide on what is possible in July.

Two Cabinet meetings will take place later this week where the National Public Health Emergency Team’s (Nphet) latest public health advice will be considered.

“We will outline what is possible, what we feel is possible for June and July in respect of travel for example, in respect for hospitality, and indeed live entertainment and the arts,” Mr Martin told the Today with Claire Byrne programme.

“We may try some events in June and then see what’s possible in July, but we will take Nphet’s advice.

“It’s steady as she goes to the end of this month, it’ll be steady in June. We’ll see what’s possible in July.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

In reality, there's little chance it'll actually go ahead. I'm pretty sure we all know that, deep down.

At the minute that doesn't matter. All that matters is we have a small sliver of hope that we'll be able to get back giging, and gather on the hallowed grounds to chat with like minded musos.

"it's not happening"
    Yea, whatever. Just let us enjoy a few weeks of hope and anticipation, and a spell where we pray to God / ask the Universe / hail Satan that it might just happen.

I'd welcome the dreaded Saturday morning hangover at this stage.

this is it in a nutshell!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I dream of the day when Endainoz's and Sprucemooses can frolic freely in the wild again, together, with warm cans of beer in their paws and the strains of aging indie guitars echoing in the distance. Christ, even Pablo is optimistic. We have to be in with a shout.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I dream of the day when Endainoz's and Sprucemooses can frolic freely in the wild again, together, with warm cans of beer in their paws and the strains of aging indie guitars echoing in the distance. Christ, even Pablo is optimistic. We have to be in with a shout.

'without deams, we just have sleep' - david o doherty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

'without deams, we just have sleep' - david o doherty

Amen to that, Sprucemoose. Amen to that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

rubick wrote: »
    There was music (we got there for Montauk Hotel) but hardly any punters there because of the new Can Laws. Desk Tidy and I walked with purpose past Security chatting Very Important Things about 'walkway flow' and got in around the back of the Salty Dog without being stopped. Also got in to Terminus and Freetown for a nosy using the same tactic. With cans!

From experience, on the thursday the forest areas are opened to 'staff' and there is music and activities for staff before punters come in, would explain a lot

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the negative nancys are back...

booooooo

the negative nancys are back...

booooooo

thats very negative

Moving on.... Other voices are doing a special Livestream tonight as a tribute to Bob Dylan for his 80th. Free on YouTube at 8pm. Happy birthday Bob! Hopefully Paul Brady does a version of "With god on their side"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Lefty can't sing the blues:D

Possibly, but I for one don't want links to far-right crap like Gript on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Pat Nevin, football icon, music aficionado and all round good guy interviewed in the Irish Times today. His last music purchase was New Dad. They seem to be getting a bit of traction.. Galway scene having a bit of a moment, Seath?

A lot of very good young acts coming out of here - Slyrydes, Turnstiles, Maija Sofia, Niamh Regan, Maria Somerville, etc.

The most recent of all NewDad seem to have leapfrogged the lot given the amount of play they're getting on BBC6 including a Steve Lamacq session. Their November tour is effectively sold out, and deservedly so, great live. Gotta say also that I love their EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

From experience, on the thursday the forest areas are opened to 'staff' and there is music and activities for staff before punters come in, would explain a lot

Iirc (and my ability to do that is becoming less so) 2018 was the first year Salty Dog had acts playing on the Thursday night, at least informally. There was a formal line-up there for Thursday in 2019 which also tied in with the expansion of the overall arena to encompass Salty Dog/Trenchtown, and what was Oscar Wilde (hence no cans allowed in those areas).

At least I'm fairly sure I was there both nights as a regular punter :)

https://www.skintyrecords.com/products/5c7d3a6f-c31a-4941-a8e9-b06970c1be17

The drummer from Fontaines has a arranged a fantastic compilation on vinyl. I couldn't resist, already pre-ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

290k jabs administered last week I think.

3.75M adults in the South of this island.

85% being touted for herd immunity, and in all likelihood as much as you're going to get to take the vaccine (best uptake in Europe): 3,187,500.

The eight weeks encompassing July — EP at the current rate: 2.32M jabs.

saneman wrote: »
    Iirc (and my ability to do that is becoming less so) 2018 was the first year Salty Dog had acts playing on the Thursday night, at least informally. There was a formal line-up there for Thursday in 2019 which also tied in with the expansion of the overall arena to encompass Salty Dog/Trenchtown, and what was Oscar Wilde (hence no cans allowed in those areas).

At least I'm fairly sure I was there both nights as a regular punter :)

I could be wrong, Ive only ever worked.

I just remember the first night before folk arrived was usually a staff buzz.... but since gates have opened earlier recently my memories could be blurred

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

Festival Republic holding a 10000 person trial event prior to Leeds Festival.
    Sounds good. They mention the NHS app though, so may or may not be very relevant data for us.
    https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/best-in-leeds/gigs-clubs/leeds-festival-boss-confirms-plans-20663881

patch wrote: »
    Festival Republic holding a 10000 person trial event prior to Leeds Festival.
    Sounds good. They mention the NHS app though, so may or may not be very relevant data for us.
    https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/best-in-leeds/gigs-clubs/leeds-festival-boss-confirms-plans-20663881

It's definitely relevant, festival republic will have loads of data gathered from these test events so they can apply that data here.

I never ever thought I would say this but "Are Festival Republic the good guys now?"

• Advertisement

I never ever thought I would say this but "Are Festival Republic the good guys now?"

More like the guys that have the most to lose if they can't get proper insurance sorted. I guess we'll know something fairly concrete on Friday.

Advertisement