Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Rfrip

endainoz wrote: »
    After being deprived for so long, a week wouldn't be long enough....

Amen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

After being deprived for so long, a week wouldn't be long enough....

Imagine the state of Wilde and Hendrix after a week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Poorside wrote: »
    Imagine the state of Wilde and Hendrix after a week!!!

Couldnt get any worse :p

U2: I would go and definitely enjoy.
    I think the fact its already sold out could actually help deal with the "U2 factor"..... in a nutshell people telling you how good they are, (which I hate) "best band in the world" almost like "Ep is lucky to have them"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

Fatfrog wrote: »
    U2: I would go and definitely enjoy.
    I think the fact its already sold out could actually help deal with the "U2 factor"..... in a nutshell people telling you how good they are, (which I hate) "best band in the world" almost like "Ep is lucky to have them"

I'd never be too pushed to see them in a standalone gig, find the way too overrated, but I'm well aware of the massive back catalog they have and are supposed to be great live. I can see it happening and I'd happily watch them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I'd never be too pushed to see them in a standalone gig, find the way too overrated, but I'm well aware of the massive back catalog they have and are supposed to be great live. I can see it happening and I'd happily watch them.

Across several decades of going to gigs I've only seen 3/4 other bands match them, or come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

Why are we talking an All-Ireland line-up when surely we'd get the Brits as well given the Common Travel Area?

If it was in that S*n article linked previous, I refuse to give them traffic, soz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Why are we talking an All-Ireland line-up when surely we'd get the Brits as well given the Common Travel Area?

If it was in that S*n article linked previous, I refuse to give them traffic, soz.

The brits didn't sign up to an offered EU tax break for artists so there are huge costs to British bands coming to EU now. More and More will bypass Dublin and do Belfast instead.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/jan/20/uk-government-rejects-musician-passports-as-stars-attack-shameful-touring-deal

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are the Gallagher brothers able to get around the EU tax thing, they've dual passports I think.

Government plans to open travel bubble with Britain

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/Z4xiXX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Across several decades of going to gigs I've only seen 3/4 other bands match them, or come close.

Like you, I have seen them on multiple tours, not sure they would be in my top 3 but not many bands can do the stadium gig better or make it feel smaller than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Are the Gallagher brothers able to get around the EU tax thing, they've dual passports I think.

cnuts!

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Like you, I have seen them on multiple tours, not sure they would be in my top 3 but not many bands can do the stadium gig better or make it feel smaller than them.

I haven't seen them since the War tour but the 5 odd times I saw them before that, they were always amazing. Top live act.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

cnuts!

Tbh I preferred Noel Gallagher to Bono the last gig I was at.

Tbh I preferred Noel Gallagher to Bono the last gig I was at.

What a pair of cnuts those two are.

So Oasis reunion live or U2 live?

Personally I always found Oasis to be overhyped derivative sh!te. U2 hands down for me, even with Bono as possibly the world's most annoying person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Davestator

The ploughing has been cancelled today and that's after EP

Doesn't bode well.

Doesn't bode well.

It dosent, but the ploughing is a must bigger event with a different crowd each day. I'm not saying it's positive news or anything but it wouldn't worry me too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Tago Mago wrote: »

I think they've planned an Irish/British lineup but if quarantine kicks in for the UK then the back-up plan is an all Irish fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah lads! Brilliant! We're trashing hypothetical acts! Just a hop, skip and a jump to trashing an actual line-up! It's all coming together!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Let's really get it rolling.

Surely Nile Rodgers has an Irish passport

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Ah lads! Brilliant! We're trashing hypothetical acts! Just a hop, skip and a jump to trashing an actual line-up! It's all coming together!

And discussing what months make up the seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Doesn't bode well.

True but it's a different beast alright. 300,000 punters and 1700 exhibitors, many of them international. I wouldn't consider it a mortal blow.

Poorside wrote: »
    Let's really get it rolling.

Surely Nile Rodgers has an Irish passport

Would he qualify for Direct Provision maybe as a refugee of the 80s ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Doesn't bode well.
    They chose to do it themselves. Was on Claire Byrne talking about it.

They have asked and asked for more or any information, and weren't getting any answers, so they had to make a decision. They chose to cancel the Trade Exhibition and World Ploughing Contest and continue the rest of the events (national competition will go ahead) and some others. I was listening and working at the same time.

It's here - https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21953870

Speaking of "ploughing ahead" wild roots organizers are doing a small test event to show antigen testing. More relatively positive news.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/sligo-festival-organisers-to-run-demonstration-event-today-using-rapid-antigen-tests-1194704?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Instagram%23Echobox%3D1620982238

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

First Feile, Trip to Tipp was almost exclusively Irish acts if I remember (big if) correctly.

Peterd66 wrote: »
    First Feile, Trip to Tipp was almost exclusively Irish acts if I remember (big if) correctly.

As was the relocated Lisdoonvarna festival is 2003, with the exception of Josh Ritter I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It dosent, but the ploughing is a must bigger event with a different crowd each day. I'm not saying it's positive news or anything but it wouldn't worry me too much.
    Stillill42 wrote: »
    True but it's a different beast alright. 300,000 punters and 1700 exhibitors, many of them international. I wouldn't consider it a mortal blow.

Posters here responding to negative stories about the Picnic not happening

giphy.gif

I'd argue there's more setup to EP than the ploughing, but I know the ploughing start very early building decking tracks, water and electricity lines.

Correct me if I'm wrong Bd but ep built is 3-4 weeks?

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I'd argue there's more setup to EP than the ploughing, but I know the ploughing start very early building decking tracks, water and electricity lines.

Correct me if I'm wrong Bd but ep built is 3-4 weeks?

I think its less about the set up and more about the international nature of the Ploughing coupled with the enormous crowds over the whole week arriving every day.

Advertisement