Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

So... we are none-the-wiser after the young FF'er intervention, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Stay hopeful people! I work EP every year & our team have started to prepare risk assessment etc. We got the call!!! There are a lot of people working in the background to make it happen so keep everything crossed but it appears full steam ahead in planning at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,143 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Reded wrote: »
    Stay hopeful people! I work EP every year & our team have started to prepare risk assessment etc. We got the call!!! There are a lot of people working in the background to make it happen so keep everything crossed but it appears full steam ahead in planning at least!

*Fudge the numbers to make sure it goes ahead!*

Haha- don't do that. I'm just kidding....

*no I'm not - fudge the numbers!*

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I see download Festival are doing a trial 10k festival pilot thing soon. Could be interesting to see how it turns out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Reded wrote: »

Well that's great to hear. I was thinking somebody had to know whether preparations were underway. If there's any way we could organise a media blackout on this sort of stuff, that would be great.

RTE news : Thousands to be tested after Melbourne stadium alert

http://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0526/1223931-coronavirus-australia/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Well that's great to hear. I was thinking somebody had to know whether preparations were underway. If there's any way we could organise a media blackout on this sort of stuff, that would be great.

RTE news : Thousands to be tested after Melbourne stadium alert

http://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0526/1223931-coronavirus-australia/

Typical RTE scaremongering. worst they done was getting rid of No Disco and Under Ether music programmes, a thoroughly useless bunch, even their trad programmes these days are cringe worthy.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Typical RTE scaremongering. worst they done was getting rid of No Disco and Under Ether music programmes, a thoroughly useless bunch, even their trad programmes these days are cringe worthy.

Not really scaremongering though BD. Victoria could be heading for lockdown and other Australian states are closing their borders. The difference there is that they've gotten a little complacent after successes and they also don't have the vaccines. We're speeding ahead here and likely that 90% of the adult population will have at least one vaccine by the time of EP.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/may/26/victoria-not-ruling-out-tougher-restrictions-after-recording-six-new-covid-cases

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Not really scaremongering though BD. Victoria could be heading for lockdown and other Australian states are closing their borders. The difference there is that they've gotten a little complacent after successes and they also don't have the vaccines.

De brudder lives in Sydney, been saying that the roll out there is an utter joke.

In other news, the manics have their autumn tour dates up and a nice EP sized hole in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I don't think Sharon has spent a weekend in Jimmy Hendrix...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

https://www.pukkelpop.be/en/update/
    With the launch of the EU Green Pass in July - it should be fairly 'easy' to manage on arrival.[/quote]

That would be great but I think the EU Green Pass is being strictly used for travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Daft Punk! Didn't realise they had this many borrowed samples!!

https://youtu.be/7MhmnKUOxB4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭rubick

Not sure of the system you guys have in the Republic, but in the North we're given a card with the date of both vaccinations on it, wonder if that will be enough to satisfy entry. Failing that, herself has bought some test kits and I will happily stick it wherever they want on arrival at the magic gate.

rubick wrote: »
    Not sure of the system you guys have in the Republic, but in the North we're given a card with the date of both vaccinations on it, wonder if that will be enough to satisfy entry. Failing that, herself has bought some test kits and I will happily stick it wherever they want on arrival at the magic gate.

Agreed.

A 10e surcharge on an antigen test, whatever they want.

Even a full body cavity search wouldn't put me off going

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Rfrip

whatever happens there is no price on the hope i have had this past two weeks on this thread. Its really giving me such a lift

Snarky Snark Snark

Getting stabbed with the pfizer on sunday, happy fcuking days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭endainoz

New pub and restaurant rules 'savaged' by TDs as Tánaiste indicates further changes into the summer https://jrnl.ie/5448602

And rightfully so, the fact that live music isn't going to be allowed in indoor pubs is ridiculous. This government goes on about helping artists and doing pilot events soon yet they won't allow them to get some work. Fcuking disgraceful, but with this backlash hopefully they'll backtrack on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

endainoz wrote: »
    New pub and restaurant rules 'savaged' by TDs as Tánaiste indicates further changes into the summer https://jrnl.ie/5448602

And rightfully so, the fact that live music isn't going to be allowed in indoor pubs is ridiculous. This government goes on about helping artists and doing pilot events soon yet they won't allow them to get some work. Fcuking disgraceful, but with this backlash hopefully they'll backtrack on it.

It really is disgraceful. We have our rearranged wedding date in July and the news yesterday that no live music is allowed was incredibly upsetting, to the point that we will now probably reschedule (for the fourth time).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

BigMo1 wrote: »
    It really is disgraceful. We have our rearranged wedding date in July and the news yesterday that no live music is allowed was incredibly upsetting, to the point that we will now probably reschedule (for the fourth time).

Its ridiculous. How could live music make any difference whatsoever?

We do this also. My card has just one date .. but it's Janssen, so I am all done :-)

• Advertisement

We do this also. My card has just one date .. but it's Janssen, so I am all done :-)

I'm going to have my vaccine card laminated and put it on a lanyard, carry it around like a backstage pass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

It makes people talk louder/shout, which produces higher emission of aerosols.

You've got to assume that most TDs get flashing images of moshpits when this comes up for debate.

Same here, but easily forged so unlikely it'll be relied upon.An online vaccine passport could of course be hacked or misused but I expect that's what festivals and airports will be using.

It makes people talk louder/shout, which produces higher emission of aerosols.

not sure if serious or you forgot the /s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

not sure if serious or you forgot the /s

Of course I'm serious. :confused:
    It's a long established fact. Covid transmission is primarily via aerosols. Why do you think we wear masks?
    This is pretty basic stuff at this stage.

Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Same here, but easily forged so unlikely it'll be relied upon.An online vaccine passport could of course be hacked or misused but I expect that's what festivals and airports will be using.

The first person to come forward and say "blockchain" in relation to this will get a size 11 boot up the hole.

It's still moronic to have someone singing Sean nòs in the corner of a pub in the same category as a DJ playing hard house. If a pub is busy, (which they will be this summer) people will talk louder anyway, it is a pub after all. Live music won't make any difference, do they not expect people to talk during pilot events? It makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

They are basically limiting the amount of Craic being had. Which in the context of phased opening, makes sense.

• Advertisement

patch wrote: »
    They are basically limiting the amount of Craic being had. Which in the context of phased opening, makes sense.

It makes no sense whatsoever when indoor dining/drinking isn't happen untill at least July when far more people will be vaccinated. It is important to note that these are recommendations based on failte Ireland guidelines so not set in stone yet. It's not like they've have six months to come up with an actual plan, oh wait.

Advertisement