Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭endainoz

Before anyone loses it, yup I know it's gript but...

Going to a large gathering without social distancing or masks is no more dangerous than going to a shopping centre or a restaurant, according to the latest UK government trials.

The results were found after the British government piloted a few mass events including the World Snooker Championship, three Wembley matches, and the Brit Awards. As reported by the Mirror, according to the preliminary data, screenings, good ventilation and other factors appear to massively reduce covid-19’s spread.

Both indoor and outdoor events were tested during the pilot, wherein attendees did not have to wear masks, and had no need for social distancing. While several of these events were seated, there was also a club night in which individuals were allowed to mix freely on dance floors.

https://gript.ie/large-events-with-no-masks-distancing-are-no-riskier-than-shopping-uk-report/

Jesus the mirror would have been a better source than gript!!

But good news, hope some more detail gets put out about by a decent news source. I wouldn't give those cnuts a click though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

For some folk its been a three week wait, you could get the text verification quick enough but the actual vaccination is normally a few weeks away. That sounds hopeful Seath that they're getting to appointments faster within a week. All good, all good. I actually messaged the good folk of Wild Roots festival winging for a press pass and sent them links to some of my festival reviews, so here's hoping I might or might not get a freebie, I also checked to see if they are taking on festival volunteers.

Galway has 51 and 50 year olds at the Racecourse on Fri/Sat/Sun. They'll be on forty-somethings at the start of next week. It'll vary throughout the country, some slower, some faster, different demographics and take up, etc. But there'll not be much difference. Anyone who's 48/49 should be done next week.

Stillill42 wrote: »

Yeah, they've been trailing this in the local papers. Gough a significant author these days. Decent band but never seen them play. Could this be the year that they join A House, Microdisney, Those Nervous Animals and Whipping Boy on the Jerry Fish stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

nncoXZR.jpg

googles it, fcuking right wing goddamned catlick neo nazi paddling pool bollocks...

nncoXZR.jpg

googles it, fcuking right wing goddamned catlick neo nazi paddling pool bollocks...

This is why I love this community

• Advertisement

endainoz wrote: »
    Jesus the mirror would have been a better source than gript!!

But good news, hope some more detail gets put out about by a decent news source. I wouldn't give those cnuts a click though.

The Examiner and Sky News reporting the same. I couldn't endure clicking on the Gript site but welcome the news anyway drunkmonkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Lefty can't sing the blues:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭fafy

15 covid positive after 58,000 attend infection tracing gigs sounds good, but these are smallish capacity events and nothing like a 3 day festival event with 70,000 +.
    Also, it can never be certain those 15 picked ot up at the events.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/05/20/exclusive-just-15-positive-covid-tests-among-58000-attended/

https://www.nova.ie/only-15-positive-covid-cases-reported-from-pilot-uk-events-205594/

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Yeah, they've been trailing this in the local papers. Gough a significant author these days. Decent band but never seen them play. Could this be the year that they join A House, Microdisney, Those Nervous Animals and Whipping Boy on the Jerry Fish stage?

This re release album (Another Day, Another Riot) is well worth a serious listen, both musically and lyrically, well well above their previous almost novelty home made releases. A proper lost gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

St. Vincent on jools Holland at 10 tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Mother of God. Polly Jean doing 'Down by the Water' on Jools 26 years ago. TWENTY SIX YEARS old?? Some good picks there from Annie but I'm not going to lie, the sooner Jools gets back in his studio, the happier I'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Pat Nevin, football icon, music aficionado and all round good guy interviewed in the Irish Times today. His last music purchase was New Dad. They seem to be getting a bit of traction.. Galway scene having a bit of a moment, Seath?

Anyone here pay for the Glastonbury stream this evening? Unfortunately it wouldn't work to me when I tried so I had a look on twitter and it seems everyone is having the same issue. I'll admit it's pretty funny having loads a Brits having meltdowns because their "gaaahden paahty is rewened"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

endainoz wrote: »
    Anyone here pay for the Glastonbury stream this evening? Unfortunately it wouldn't work to me when I tried so I had a look on twitter and it seems everyone is having the same issue. I'll admit it's pretty funny having loads a Brits having meltdowns because their "gaaahden paahty is rewened"

Same boat, paid €23 really disappointed. I've given up trying to get in at this stage

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Same boat, paid €23 really disappointed. I've given up trying to get in at this stage

They just posted a free link on their Twitter

https://watch.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/livestream-1/backup/livestream1.html

You can't rewind to the start but you can go back 30 mins to IDLES. These guys are mad heavy! Can't say they're my cup of tea tbh. Would have liked to see some of Michael Kiwanuka

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Clicked link, got yer wan from Haims bass face.

10/10 would click again

Interesting

Government has plans to reopen live entertainment from June

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/XbQBsM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Interesting

Government has plans to reopen live entertainment from June

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/XbQBsM

Just saw that it sounds like more potentially good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GentleHumour

Ah lads...I’ve now moved from resignation that it definitely won’t go ahead, to pessimistic that it would be allowed go ahead, to hopeful it might ahead, to optimistic it could go ahead, to bullish about how it should go ahead...

Even starting to contemplate getting the camping gear down from the attic for an airing this weekend. Now where did I leave that Eco confirmation...

(Yes. I realise I’m setting myself up for crushing disappointment)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Ah lads...I’ve now moved from resignation that it definitely won’t go ahead, to pessimistic that it would be allowed go ahead, to hopeful it might ahead, to optimistic it could go ahead, to bullish about how it should go ahead...

Even starting to contemplate getting the camping gear down from the attic for an airing this weekend. Now where did I leave that Eco confirmation...

(Yes. I realise I’m setting myself up for crushing disappointment)

I am also in this boat. Convinced I will be pulling the caravan in on Thursday evening and cracking a can at the Salty Dog an hour later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It’s getting more hopeful as the weeks go on isn’t it. Like god imagine.

I am also in this boat. Convinced I will be pulling the caravan in on Thursday evening and cracking a can at the Salty Dog an hour later.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they weren't letting people into the Salty dog Thursday evening 2019?

Or seemed to be a cluster **** with the security 10M from the Freetown entrance/near Eco. (Having security there made no sense, forward of the entrance meaning they were stopping/taking cans off ppl who were heading down the forest paths not even going to the main area)
    Anyway the guy wouldn't let us in and said we needed to go around to the Hendrix entrance, the path past rave in the woods was closed, so headed all the way around via the tesco, get to the gate at Hendrix to be told no entry from this side. Frustrating to say the least, was sure I could hear music.

Rfrip wrote: »
    It’s getting more hopeful as the weeks go on isn’t it. Like god imagine.

Can you imagine the additional excitement ontop of what we normally have. I don't want to get too hopeful, but the contrast of no gig's for 1.5 years, coming from a level 5 lock down into a craic town with 80K people in the space of a few months.... I mean f***k!!! I might expel a small amount of Jizz as I drive into the carpark Thursday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Be great if it happened !!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but they weren't letting people into the Salty dog Thursday evening 2019?

Or seemed to be a cluster **** with the security 10M from the Freetown entrance/near Eco. (Having security there made no sense, forward of the entrance meaning they were stopping/taking cans off ppl who were heading down the forest paths not even going to the main area)
    Anyway the guy wouldn't let us in and said we needed to go around to the Hendrix entrance, the path past rave in the woods was closed, so headed all the way around via the tesco, get to the gate at Hendrix to be told no entry from this side. Frustrating to say the least, was sure I could hear music.

hmmm I think I rolled in too late in 2019 and stayed in the van with a few cans. 2018 I was definitely down there.

Edit: 2021: "What time can I start queueing?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Can you imagine the additional excitement ontop of what we normally have. I don't want to get too hopeful, but the contrast of no gig's for 1.5 years, coming from a level 5 lock down into a craic town with 80K people in the space of a few months.... I mean f***k!!! I might expel a small amount of Jizz as I drive into the carpark Thursday!!

i would probably go ballistic on the friday and be good to know one then for the rest of the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭rubick

There was music (we got there for Montauk Hotel) but hardly any punters there because of the new Can Laws. Desk Tidy and I walked with purpose past Security chatting Very Important Things about 'walkway flow' and got in around the back of the Salty Dog without being stopped. Also got in to Terminus and Freetown for a nosy using the same tactic. With cans!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

but the contrast of no gig's for 1.5 years, coming from a level 5 lock down into a craic town with 80K people in the space of a few months.

exactly why it is almost a definite no unfortunately

rubick wrote: »
    There was music (we got there for Montauk Hotel) but hardly any punters there because of the new Can Laws. Desk Tidy and I walked with purpose past Security chatting Very Important Things about 'walkway flow' and got in around the back of the Salty Dog without being stopped. Also got in to Terminus and Freetown for a nosy using the same tactic. With cans!

I'm looking forward to moaning about the "new" cans restrictions around salty dog. BRING IT ON!!

• Advertisement

exactly why it is almost a definite no unfortunately

Yeah no one cares

Advertisement