Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭endainoz

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I'd argue there's more setup to EP than the ploughing, but I know the ploughing start very early building decking tracks, water and electricity lines.

Correct me if I'm wrong Bd but ep built is 3-4 weeks?

I think the main difference is the size of the crowd the ploughing would attract, and a different crowd each day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I think its less about the set up and more about the international nature of the Ploughing coupled with the enormous crowds over the whole week arriving every day.

Was listening to the Woman that runs the ploughing a few weeks back and she said they would have boots on the ground in July to start getting things ready.

Wild Roots have some of the test gig on their instagram, nice to see something happening anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I would add some Irish electronica for the stage to pad out the big hitters like Aphex Twin and Bicep, add Fish Go Deep and Reid from Cork, Kneecap, Kormac, Sunil Sharpe, Tinfoil, Jimmy the Hideous Penguin, Gnosis, Boot & Kats, some of the Limerick crowd behind Bump Musick festival, Prymary Colours, Attention Bebe, Donal Dineen, Neil Flynn. Trad stuff from Altan, Danu, Frankie Gavin and his version of De Danann, Johnny Ringo and his version of De Danann, Paddy Keenan, Ye Vagabonds, Daithi. will add more when they come to mind. Lisa Hannigan, Lisa O'Neill, Cathy Davey, Jack L, Camille O'Sullivan, Tree Lined Streets, Columbia Mills, Cursed Murphy Versus The Resistance.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

The brits didn't sign up to an offered EU tax break for artists so there are huge costs to British bands coming to EU now. More and More will bypass Dublin and do Belfast instead.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/jan/20/uk-government-rejects-musician-passports-as-stars-attack-shameful-touring-deal

Or do both, same as they've always done.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I think its less about the set up and more about the international nature of the Ploughing coupled with the enormous crowds over the whole week arriving every day.

The organiser pulled it themselves, saying the needed to start site work this week, but couldn't get guarantees it would go ahead.
    I think Benn is a little more egar to press on with EP, opposite to the Laois public it seems;

https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/arts-culture-entertainment/633238/poll-result-laois-public-have-decided-whether-electric-picnic-should-happen.html

The organiser pulled it themselves, saying the needed to start site work this week, but couldn't get guarantees it would go ahead.
    I think Benn is a little more egar to press on with EP, opposite to the Laois public it seems;

https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/arts-culture-entertainment/633238/poll-result-laois-public-have-decided-whether-electric-picnic-should-happen.html

I'm sure Melvin will be sure to take that on board.

endainoz wrote: »
    I'm sure Melvin will be sure to take that on board.

I wouldn't worry about that newspaper report, Laois has a population of 84,697 people, so 132 people is SFA if taking statistics into account. Even Stradbally has a population of 1,350 so and I'd imagine the town would like to make some money again and keep this flagship going. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

40 to 49 up next, with the option of the one shot j&j.

Making good progress

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't think a vaccination will matter for EP, antigen tests will probably pay a big role. It's mainly outdoors as well which will help a lot.
    Don't you know it'll be absolute carnage though, more worried about a heart attack than covid it's been so long without a good 3/4 day session.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭bassy

is there any hope EP will go ahead ??.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

bassy wrote: »
    is there any hope EP will go ahead ??.

I'd put it at around 40% at the moment. Maybe higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Don't think a vaccination will matter for EP, antigen tests will probably pay a big role. It's mainly outdoors as well which will help a lot.
    Don't you know it'll be absolute carnage though, more worried about a heart attack than covid it's been so long without a good 3/4 day session.

If most people going are vaccinated, then the antigen tests will be mostly clear, so...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

everlast75 wrote: »
    40 to 49 up next, with the option of the one shot j&j.

Making good progress

My first done, approx 1,200 per day according to staff at Galway Racecourse and they clearly have the capacity for a great many more as they go on. Ultra-efficient there, 35 mins in total including 15 mins wait afterwards.

Going by pal's appointments it seems like everyone over 50 will have had their first dose by end of month.

everlast75 wrote: »
    If most people going are vaccinated, then the antigen tests will be mostly clear, so...

If there's no issues with the variants (and no free for all travel bubble with the UK) then due to the high numbers being vaccinated the case numbers should be in the low double figures come August.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    My first done, approx 1,200 per day according to staff at Galway Racecourse and they clearly have the capacity for a great many more as they go on. Ultra-efficient there, 35 mins in total including 15 mins wait afterwards.

Going by pal's appointments it seems like everyone over 50 will have had their first dose by end of month.

Well done Seath, you must feel a bit of relief, any after illness after the first shot?

Well done Seath, you must feel a bit of relief, any after illness after the first shot?

None. Moderna. Second shot supposedly tough, but infinitely preferable to an intensive care ventilator.

Looking very good here, the take up is very high and polling indicates we're the most willing in the EU to be vaccinated. That to me implies good education.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/people-in-ireland-most-willing-in-eu-to-take-covid-19-vaccine-survey-1.4564007

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

i gets to sign up tomorrow... i shall be frothing at the gusset when i wake up in the morning... moist dreams are incoming

Will you not wait for the bribes, who knows what they'll offer, free pink moon and €1000 spending money might get me over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ahaaa yes this is finally online! Its Tame Impala full set Glastonbury 19. What a gig! Perfect to have a couple of beers to chill to at home.

Love the 30 second intro, It starts off with portrait camera phone style footage of people at an outdoor festival, possibly heading to an act. Then opens up beautifully from portrait to 16:9 landscape.
    Classic Tame Impala psychedelics, really vivid, sucks you in and sets the scene for the gig to come, magic.

https://youtu.be/aQ2I-rPmmbo

• Advertisement

Ahaaa yes this is finally online! Its Tame Impala full set Glastonbury 19. What a gig! Perfect to have a couple of beers to chill to at home.

Love the 30 second intro, It starts off with portrait camera phone style footage of people at an outdoor festival, possibly heading to an act. Then opens up beautifully from portrait to 16:9 landscape.
    Classic Tame Impala psychedelics, really vivid, sucks you in and sets the scene for the gig to come, magic.

https://youtu.be/aQ2I-rPmmbo

Excellent. Long overdue their return to EP also, no hope of travel this year but hopefully 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

i gets to sign up tomorrow... i shall be frothing at the gusset when i wake up in the morning... moist dreams are incoming

You should be able to register close to midnight the night before; then sleep more soundly knowing you got in ahead of your contemporaries. :)

Snarky Snark Snark

Did it first thing when I logged on for work, no idea what the wait times will be though

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/taoiseach-signals-comprehensive-plans-to-resume-travel-sport-and-entertainment-1.4569730?mode=amp

"Comprehensive plan" to be revealed next week. I hope we'll get some clarity one way or the other.

Kepler21 wrote: »
    You should be able to register close to midnight the night before; then sleep more soundly knowing you got in ahead of your contemporaries. :)

They're doing it by age, irrespective of when you registered. Clear from the website and from appointments. Pals aged 50/51 registered ahead of me in Galway but had their vaccines five and six days after me.

Did it first thing when I logged on for work, no idea what the wait times will be though

If you're late forties Scruff you should be middle of next week. Notice seems to be 2-5 days beforehand.

If you're late forties Scruff you should be middle of next week. Notice seems to be 2-5 days beforehand.

For some folk its been a three week wait, you could get the text verification quick enough but the actual vaccination is normally a few weeks away. That sounds hopeful Seath that they're getting to appointments faster within a week. All good, all good. I actually messaged the good folk of Wild Roots festival winging for a press pass and sent them links to some of my festival reviews, so here's hoping I might or might not get a freebie, I also checked to see if they are taking on festival volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Snarky Snark Snark

quite late forties, next week I shall be very late forties but for a few days i'd have been signing my arse up for it yesterday.

• Advertisement

Before anyone loses it, yup I know it's gript but...

Going to a large gathering without social distancing or masks is no more dangerous than going to a shopping centre or a restaurant, according to the latest UK government trials.

The results were found after the British government piloted a few mass events including the World Snooker Championship, three Wembley matches, and the Brit Awards. As reported by the Mirror, according to the preliminary data, screenings, good ventilation and other factors appear to massively reduce covid-19’s spread.

Both indoor and outdoor events were tested during the pilot, wherein attendees did not have to wear masks, and had no need for social distancing. While several of these events were seated, there was also a club night in which individuals were allowed to mix freely on dance floors.

https://gript.ie/large-events-with-no-masks-distancing-are-no-riskier-than-shopping-uk-report/

Advertisement