Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Jeremy Sproket.

Googled him and all I'm getting are results about motorcycle parts. Could you explain who he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Googled him and all I'm getting are results about motorcycle parts. Could you explain who he is?

He's nobody famous, just another poster who decided to open a thread about people he despises!

His thread in After Hours was shut down earlier today thankfully.

Another poster with that username attempted to create a thread about people you despise.

Good thing it was closed. It might have attracted a load of angry men in their 30s and 40s ranting against anyone who has the timerity to have a job in the public eye. Could have got very nasty, and reflected badly on the direction and core demographic of the website.

Close escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Farmer Micheal/Stevo Timothy or whatever he's calling himself these days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Russell Brand. Never liked him. Liked him even less after the Andrew Sachs prank call business. Like him even far less now after seeing hes turned into some new age hippy version of Jim Corr

His conspiracy theories aren;t even that good.

I want to see him go full 9\11.

• Advertisement

Jake Humphreys gets on my wick

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Aisling O'Loughlin. The Banner county's very own Covidiot savant. An authority on all manner of 'scamdemic' related piffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Phil Coulter.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Gammyeye

Jimmy Fallon. The man just angers me so much.

Gammyeye wrote: »
    Jimmy Fallon. The man just angers me so much.

Not as much as James Corden I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Not as much as James Corden I hope.

I think Fallon slightly pips it, tbh.

Corden's done one or two good things in his life. Fallon's just a pretender.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Russell Brand. Never liked him. Liked him even less after the Andrew Sachs prank call business. Like him even far less now after seeing hes turned into some new age hippy version of Jim Corr

Pseudo intellectual wanker, creepy motherfcunker at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Will Smith.

Contrast him with Denzel Washington.

Both successful, black, male, actors.

Only one acts like some sort of wisened sage of life and gift to humanity.

Washington could be just as far up his own hole if he wanted to be.

Something so cheesy and smarmy about Smith. If Denzel Washington and Tony Robbins had a baby, and you then dipped that baby in cheese, and then if that baby wrote a book of its own wise sayings, and went around with a self satisfied smile, fake laughing and clapping youd have Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Repped on Will Smith, never takes risks in his choice of roles. If hes not in some formulatic special effects led actioneer its bland feelgood schmaltz like the Legend Of Baggar Vance or Hitch where he can flash his cheesy smile on the poster. You'll never see him playing an evil character. Hes so desperate to maintain his "brand".

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Tommy Tiernan, especially with all the recent gushing, adulation and relentless press he’s getting for that piss poor tv show he’s presenting.

Also, James Nesbitt.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Tommy Tiernan, especially with all the recent gushing, adulation and relentless press he’s getting for that piss poor tv show he’s presenting.

Also, James Nesbitt.

Hector makes me want to Vomit

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Hector. Can never understand this drifting off into Irish, then back to English, oh wait on, he's back as gailge again. All rat a tat delivery, like a machine gun. I just turn off.

Repped on Will Smith, never takes risks in his choice of roles. If hes not in some formulatic special effects led actioneer its bland feelgood schmaltz like the Legend Of Baggar Vance or Hitch where he can flash his cheesy smile on the poster. You'll never see him playing an evil character. Hes so desperate to maintain his "brand".

When he started out, he actually did. He genuinely showed promise. There are episodes of Fresh Prince of Bell Air where you see him giving a genuinely intelligent, heartfelt performance.

Then he starred in the film Six Degrees of Separation, where he plays this gay conman, and he's legitimately great in it. (He's starring alongside some big name actors, so he upped his game.) He was only 24 when he made that film, but he's bringing his A-game.

But in 1995, he starred in Bad Boys. The following year, Independence Day, and the year after that, Men In Black.
    Three years, three MASSIVE summer blockbusters. All of them made major money.

He did show he wanted to push himself as an actor during that time tho- he took a pay cut to be in Enemy of the state because Gene Hackman was in it. He hit the gym hard to bulk up and play Muhammad Ali in Ali in 2001, getting an Oscar nod for it.

But some time around then, and after Ali... he went for the money. I can't blame him, kinda, cos he had a family to look after. And he parlayed it into setting up his own studio.
    But yeah- he's been playing the same character for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Thought he was good in Pursuit of Happyness and Ali in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

What annoys me about him i the fact he still thinks it's the 90s and he's still on the Fresh Prince.

His wife is another one. Apart from being a failed actor what ha she actually done to think he has an option on anything?

• Advertisement

cms88 wrote: »

What annoys me about him i the fact he still thinks it's the 90s and he's still on the Fresh Prince.

His wife is another one. Apart from being a failed actor what ha she actually done to think he has an option on anything?

His wife is crazy. Like, genuinely crazy. I hate using the word 'cuck', but that's exactly what she did to Will-she cucked him. Remember her revealing she had an affair, on a podcast and being all like 'What am I like?'

(Though rumours are he had an affair with Margot Robbie on the set of Focus. I kind of believe it... their chemistry in interviews was... more than co-stars).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...their chemistry in interviews was... more than co-stars).

I thought they had a touch of the ol' Fizz when the two of them appeared on Top Gear that time.

Stephen Hendry. Great snooker player and a good commentator. Seems a decent fella. Just has a face that triggers my slapping reflex. :D

jimgoose wrote: »
        I thought they had a touch of the ol' Fizz when the two of them appeared on Top Gear that time.

Plus they took selfies on the set (and I think took selfies on the set of Suicide Squad also).

Looked very cosy.

And-Then-They-Had-Sex-Reaction-Gif-arthur-and-gwen-32898440-300-170.gif

Stephen Hendry. Great snooker player and a good commentator. Seems a decent fella. Just has a face that triggers my slapping reflex.

Its weird that isn't it??? For me its marty wielan..... great radio dj, brilliant on lyric fm, a genuinely funny & entertaining guy...... but when he's on tv( that spinning the wheel thingy)---- I CANT HACKK THE GUY

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Rory Mc Ilroy. I don’t even know where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

When he started out, he actually did. He genuinely showed promise. There are episodes of Fresh Prince of Bell Air where you see him giving a genuinely intelligent, heartfelt performance.

Then he starred in the film Six Degrees of Separation, where he plays this gay conman, and he's legitimately great in it. (He's starring alongside some big name actors, so he upped his game.) He was only 24 when he made that film, but he's bringing his A-game.

But in 1995, he starred in Bad Boys. The following year, Independence Day, and the year after that, Men In Black.
        Three years, three MASSIVE summer blockbusters. All of them made major money.

He did show he wanted to push himself as an actor during that time tho- he took a pay cut to be in Enemy of the state because Gene Hackman was in it. He hit the gym hard to bulk up and play Muhammad Ali in Ali in 2001, getting an Oscar nod for it.

But some time around then, and after Ali... he went for the money. I can't blame him, kinda, cos he had a family to look after. And he parlayed it into setting up his own studio.
        But yeah- he's been playing the same character for decades.

Reminds me of tTom Cruise.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

dubstarr wrote: »
        Reminds me of tTom Cruise.

because of his love of beards?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

because of his love of beards?

No because Tom is a decent actor but he went the way of blockbusters.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

dubstarr wrote: »
        No because Tom is a decent actor but he went the way of blockbusters.

I find him oddly entertaining in things like Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow. And of course, the incredible Les Grossman. :pac:

Advertisement