Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Gerry Ryan (Rip) was a smug git , and now his daughter is equally as smug

To paraphrase Pat Shortt.

She has her daddy's head on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

guitarzero wrote: »
    John Oliver. Classic smuggy, highbrow little weasel. Same thing every time - Look at how stupid this person is, act shocked and confused (despite it all being pre-scripted), mock that person, repeat. The giddiness he gets from feeling superior to others is pretty sickening.

I’m not a Trump fan boy by any measure but I adore this video. They were all so so so smart, the smug gits. The final line is a piece of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Be right back

Aisling O'Loughlin and her theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Liam Cunningham

I'd imagine his dream is to play Jim Larkin in some biopic. Has an disingenuousness about him and got a creepy vibe off him in a Leeson st nightclub

Likes to act out a world wary stoic persona that alludes to a mysteriousness that isn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Shoelaces wrote: »
    Liam Cunningham

I'd imagine his dream is to play Jim Larkin in some biopic. Has an disingenuousness about him and got a creepy vibe off him in a Leeson st nightclub

Likes to act out a world wary stoic persona that alludes to a mysteriousness that isn't there.

I get that same vibe off of him.

There's this pretentiousness and 'solve the world's problems' thing he goes on about... but none of it feels genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Pascal Chimbonda

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Stephen Donnelly.....when asked why,I just can’t pinpoint it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Lucy Kennedy. She’s ignorant arrogant and completely talentless. She’s ruined Classic Hits morning show. Just the sound of her voice makes me want to claw my own eyes out.

Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks this

Ryan Tubridy

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks this

Her and Laura Whitmore are like relics from the Celtic Tiger era. Both blank behind the eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

For me it's Mairead Farrell, can't abide her in any shape or form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I think she is quite good looking
    But the voice grates

I think she is quite good looking
    But the voice grates

I never saw the appeal, tbqh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Stephen Donnelly.....when asked why,I just can’t pinpoint it...

I think his head/facial expression do him no favors.

USED to be of the same view as you.......but, in fairness, she did nail that rte " dancing with the staff" thingy...........she put the graft in, went from 'two left feet' to being Broadway quality.....I gave her kudos for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Her and Laura Whitmore are like relics from the Celtic Tiger era. Both blank behind the eyes.

Just about to say Laura Whitmore. Don’t know why but just can’t stand her.

USED to be of the same view as you.......but, in fairness, she did nail that rte " dancing with the staff" thingy...........she put the graft in, went from 'two left feet' to being Broadway quality.....I gave her kudos for that

A reality 'TV' show doesn't a good person make.
    I mean, Lottie won Dancing with the Stars... LOTTIE!
    screamer wrote: »
    Just about to say Laura Whitmore. Don’t know why but just can’t stand her.

This didn't help.
    https://extra.ie/2021/05/09/must-see/online-abuse-wont-stop-me-niamh-walsh-speaks-out-after-irish-celeb-brands-her-vile
    (And yes-it was Whitmore with her 'Be Kind' rubbish that set folks on her.)

Even prestigious newspapers came out in Walsh's support. So it tells you how much of a disgusting waste of oxygen Whitmore is.

Keep in mind, this is what Whit-less was saying a mere few days before.

https://extra.ie/2021/04/25/entertainment/celebrity/laura-whitmore-women-supporting-women

• Registered Users Posts: 23,810 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Indeed. Fat or thin.

Aisling O'Loughlin and her theories.

Who?

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Who?

Used to be on Xpose, on TV3/ VM1.

Now she's out in France spouting anti-vaxx/ QAnon conspiracy theories.

• Advertisement

You’ve an encyclopaedic knowledge of minor Irish celebrities. Might get a job on Xpose yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I think his head/facial expression do him no favors.

Yeah,maybe that’s it...that and the insincere management speak style that’s inflicted on us whenever he’s wheeled out...

You’ve an encyclopaedic knowledge of minor Irish celebrities. Might get a job on Xpose yourself.

If only it hadn't be cancelled... and very much anti-anyone with a Y Chromosome.

I'd have been a shoo-in before then...
    But I couldn't hide my disdain for anyone on that show, no matter how hard I'd try.

A reality 'TV' show doesn't a good person make.
    I mean, Lottie won Dancing with the Stars... LOTTIE!

But thats a different kettle of fish.....the supremely talented Lottie Ryan is the queen of nepotism in the fishbowl of rte...she can no wrong / leaving aside the fact she was a trained dancer no-one, but no one, expected anyone else to be in the running once she decided she 'wanted' that gig. MF, on the other hand, was a brutal dancer but she got stuck in, worked her ass off & week by week she got a bit closer to the try line--- she went up in my opinion on the back of that.
    Obviously 'supremely talented' and lottie Ryan in same sentence was just sarcasm

I went to college with Laura and knew her reasonably well, I think I may even still have her phone number somewhere.

Her personality on TV is how she is in real life, pretty girl and all but there's nothing past that. It was great when she just stood there but when she started to talk immediately you'd want to walk away

Nope, still absolutely no clue.

99nsr125 wrote: »
    I went to college with Laura and knew her reasonably well, I think I may even still have her phone number somewhere.

Her personality on TV is how she is in real life, pretty girl and all but there's nothing past that. It was great when she just stood there but when she started to talk immediately you'd want to walk away

She's become worse in recent years. I think the 'Black and Tans' podcast was a nail in the coffin of her ever getting a show over here.

Since then, she's become ever more of a flatulence sniffer. But it's all for show-nothing going on behind the eyes.

The best thing to do with Laura Whitmore and anyone like her is ignore them. The less relevance they have to employers and advertisers, the sooner they fade away.

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."- Oscar Wilde.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Russell Brand. Never liked him. Liked him even less after the Andrew Sachs prank call business. Like him even far less now after seeing hes turned into some new age hippy version of Jim Corr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Jeremy Sproket.

Advertisement