Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Chrissy Teigan. Lots of stuff coming out about her so not inexplicable.

Never heard of her, or the majority of the people she was trolling but she sounds like a complete weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Be right back

Never heard of her, or the majority of the people she was trolling but she sounds like a complete weapon.

She's famous for being married to John Legend and is also a model apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I’m glad Chrissy Tiegen isn’t the hero she’s portayed herself to be, because I’ve always found her an insufferable attention seeker.

She started off seemingly “refreshimgly real” by posting photos of her cellulite and stretch marks which of course everyone fawned over.

Since then it’s been jumping around the background of her husbands zoom calls for attention, a crying photoshoot and a dramatic deleting of twitter due to “negative trolls”, only to rejoin a week later.

She just screams “pay attention to me” constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Joanne Cantwell.

Since she took over the Sunday Game from Michael Lyster she's like a bossy little primary school teacher. Doesn't allow panel members express themselves.

Add to that Ursula Jacob. She is a terrible analyst and her voice is the hardest to listen to on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Joanne Cantwell.

Since she took over the Sunday Game from Michael Lyster she's like a bossy little primary school teacher. Doesn't allow panel members express themselves.

Add to that Ursula Jacob. She is a terrible analyst and her voice is the hardest to listen to on tv.

Can't watch sports analysis since she took over. IF it had been Jacqui Hurley, or Eavan Ni Chuileann who took over from Lyster, I'd have thought that was a pretty decent replacement.
    They're both knowledgeable of sports, and would bring lively conversation to the coverage.

Cantwell was the worst choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Fiona Bruce, don't know what it is but don't like that woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’m glad Chrissy Tiegen isn’t the hero she’s portayed herself to be, because I’ve always found her an insufferable attention seeker.

She started off seemingly “refreshimgly real” by posting photos of her cellulite and stretch marks which of course everyone fawned over.

Since then it’s been jumping around the background of her husbands zoom calls for attention, a crying photoshoot and a dramatic deleting of twitter due to “negative trolls”, only to rejoin a week later.

She just screams “pay attention to me” constantly.

Did she change her brand to suit her life with a successful husband? Seems like a toned down and safe poster these days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Joanne Cantwell.

Ursula is a prime example of fulfilling the gender quota. There is no way a man would get a job with an voice like that. Like nails scrapping down a blackboard. And I'm from Wexford.

It's not like she makes up for it with excellent analysis either.

Ursula is a prime example of fulfilling the gender quota. There is no way a man would get a job with an voice like that. Like nails scrapping down a blackboard. And I'm from Wexford.

It's not like she makes up for it with excellent analysis either.

Exactly. She was a great hurler. The strike off the ground v Cork one year.

But the sound of her etc. I find, and I don't mind saying this, all the female GAA analysts suck the life out of the game. All boring repetitive crap about the game.

Ger Loughnane, like him or loathe him, saying Dublin were playing pure constipated hurling in 2013! He's out to grass.

Cyril Farrell on Lar Corbett in 2011, 'he's like Bin Bolt as such like'! Des Cahill, 'would he be a relation of Usain Bolt?!'. There used be serious craic. Cyril knew more about every hurling team and camogie team. Again out to grass.

The way this world is gone, individuality and characters replaced by automatons, on and off the field.

Rory's Stories. About 1 in 20 of his videos are any way funny. Stealing a living.

• Advertisement

Buff Egan. The chap isn't all there.

The 'oh we're great craic' 2 Johnnies. A pair of smug ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

SarfiKhan wrote: »
    I see a number of journalists mentioned online that Laura Whitmores agent was onto them this week asking to promote her latest fashion range.

The very same media channels she was lambasting!

What an utter hypocrite.

Am I the only bloke in the world that doesn't find her physically attractive?

She annoys me and I've said before that she reminds me of Dolph Lundgren.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you might not be alone but certainly in a minority

article-0-146C8FF2000005DC-517_634x770.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

you might not be alone but certainly in a minority

6000000064776803857?album_type=photos_of_me&photo_id=6000000064776918932

I just don't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I had to google her to see who she was....and I have to say, I wouldn’t consider her remotely attractive, and I’d say the photo above has had some “adjustments “ .

I just don't see it.

Same. I just never saw the appeal. And I do find certain Irish (famous) women attractive- Saoirse Ronan, I feel, is genuinely pretty. (Imo).
    Because even in her interviews she comes across well.

You can just 'sense' a nasty person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

6000000064776803857?album_type=photos_of_me&photo_id=6000000064776918932

I just don't see it.

She's quite pretty but destroys it all when she speaks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

Joanne Cantwell.

She's always been like that. But seeing as she's female she'll never be called up on it. Plus the only reason she even got the job was because she's female yet she's made out t be this hero.

Ursula Jacob wasn;t a bad analyst at the start but she's just saying the same thing ver and over again now. Yes her voice would go trought you. Yet if it's brought up people are being sexiest. For a bit ob balance i also find Tommy Walshs voice had to take when he's on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

Exactly. She was a great hurler. The strike off the ground v Cork one year.

But the sound of her etc. I find, and I don't mind saying this, all the female GAA analysts suck the life out of the game. All boring repetitive crap about the game.

Ger Loughnane, like him or loathe him, saying Dublin were playing pure constipated hurling in 2013! He's out to grass.

Cyril Farrell on Lar Corbett in 2011, 'he's like Bin Bolt as such like'! Des Cahill, 'would he be a relation of Usain Bolt?!'. There used be serious craic. Cyril knew more about every hurling team and camogie team. Again out to grass.

The way this world is gone, individuality and characters replaced by automatons, on and off the field.

No matter the sport the female analysts will never be criticised no matter what they say.

In soccer Stephanie Roche is often rolled out. Baced on what? One goal from almost 10 years that she's still living off despite being found out by mutilate clubs since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 SarfiKhan

Whitmore was getting a lot of flack on twitter over the weekend over her hypocrisy with the media.

What does she do? Posts banal comments on her account about Liverpools match and requests music tips from her followers to generate retweets/replies. Like sheep they all respond and hey presto! All of the previous negative comments are buried.

I will never understand how stupid fans can be. They think they have a connection with these people but in reality they are simply being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Whitmore was getting a lot of flack on twitter over the weekend over her hypocrisy with the media.

What does she do? Posts banal comments on her account about Liverpools match and requests music tips from her followers to generate retweets/replies. Like sheep they all respond and hey presto! All of the previous negative comments are buried.

I will never understand how stupid fans can be. They think they have a connection with these people but in reality they are simply being used.

I cant understand how someone like Whitmore has "fans". Maybe I'll start my own fan club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I cant understand how someone like Whitmore has "fans". Maybe I'll start my own fan club.

She really comes across as fake and insincere

If it wasn't for 'flack' she wouldn't even have TV career right now. Ms Flack stepped aside, pending an investigation/ court case regarding a domestic violence incident.

(I'm not making any comment about her subsequent suicide. I'm not gonna go that low).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Unfortunately reading the last few pages, there are always idiots who take heed of jackasses who try to ‘impose themselves’ as ‘influencers’ .

Hard to know which coterie is the thickest .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

You would wonder why irrelevant people reporting on irrelevant people matters so much, I couldn't give a fiddlers what the ****ing kardashians do, I wouldn't know who they are, only for the papers and TV ads, also, TV soaps are not my thing but the papers are always saying stupid **** like Simon cheats on Rebecca and a car crash kills 6 of the most popular characters in shock hollyoaks news, except it isn't a shock, and it didn't happen, except in fantasy land. Then the same people complain about the impact of the internet on their mental health, there would be no impact if they turned off their phones and laptops, and went for a nice walk. If what happens to celebrities and fictional TV characters really upsets them that much, how would they face a real tragedy? My best advice is live your own life, and create your own highlights, because it's a once around the block experience, and you will never get back the time you waste on irrelevant people and things.

You would wonder why irrelevant people reporting on irrelevant people matters so much, I couldn't give a fiddlers what the ****ing kardashians do, I wouldn't know who they are, only for the papers and TV ads, also, TV soaps are not my thing but the papers are always saying stupid **** like Simon cheats on Rebecca and a car crash kills 6 of the most popular characters in shock hollyoaks news, except it isn't a shock, and it didn't happen, except in fantasy land. Then the same people complain about the impact of the internet on their mental health, there would be no impact if they turned off their phones and laptops, and went for a nice walk. If what happens to celebrities and fictional TV characters really upsets them that much, how would they face a real tragedy? My best advice is live your own life, and create your own highlights, because it's a once around the block experience, and you will never get back the time you waste on irrelevant people and things.

Who are the Kardashians?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Who are the Kardashians?

They are a television programme

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

cms88 wrote: »
    No matter the sport the female analysts will never be criticised no matter what they say.

In soccer Stephanie Roche is often rolled out. Baced on what? One goal from almost 10 years that she's still living off despite being found out by mutilate clubs since.

Alan McLoughlin hasn't had half the red carpet roll outs from RTE that Stephanie Roche has had.
    She's done very well out of it and credit to her but you're right when you say female pundits escape criticism. Leeds United calling out the BT Sport pundit about their relegation season being one other example.

Sone Aluko is another person I'd add to this, I have great time for Alex Scott but when they were both on covering the World Cup in Russia it was night and day the difference between the two. Aluko's agent must be incredible she keeps ending up in these roles. Most recently Sky Sports News ran a story that she was leaving Aston Villa women's team (she was DoF - again how?) to take up a gig in LA. So? Who cares? Villa almost got relegated, talk about landing on her feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John arse

Who are the Kardashians?
    they were in star trek:D

Advertisement