Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Hozier ( actually I know exactly why I can't stand the mopey woke tosspot)

I nearly vomited a while back when it was suggested by an Irish female comedian that all Irish men should be like hosier.

Jesus Christ woman we’d be invaded again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

Few things more tedious than a bitter League of Ireland ‘football man’ shítting on about the GAA and bog ball. Really puts off the more casual sports fan from getting interested in their local club.

That's one of the biggest issues with the LOI imo

I nearly vomited a while back when it was suggested by an Irish female comedian that all Irish men should be like hosier.

Jesus Christ woman we’d be invaded again

Maybe it was a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,018 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Few things more tedious than a bitter League of Ireland ‘football man’ shítting on about the GAA and bog ball. Really puts off the more casual sports fan from getting interested in their local club.

Or the Gah as they call it.

Although I see less of them calling it the Grab All Association now since Delaney left town.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

cms88 wrote: »
    A lot of soccer and Rugby people have always had am issue with the GAA but were perfectly happy to use Croke Park. They were also perfectly happen to have GAA stadiums in their bid for the Rugby World Cup as well.

Croke Park were happy for them to use it. It was a business transaction that benefitted both parties ..It provided a welcome revenue stream for the gaa and was good PR....which they needed.

“Any member of the Association who plays or encourages in any way rugby, football, hockey or any imported game which is calculated to injuriously affect our National Pastimes, is suspended from the Association.” That was the original rule.

Back in the day, the gaa even sent spotters to soccer and rugby matches, to try and see any of their own gang in attendance... mad, North Korea shît.

I don’t find duff as a brilliant pundit but he’d be spot on there... great 100% player too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Strumms wrote: »
    Croke Park were happy for them to use it. It was a business transaction that benefitted both parties ..It provided a welcome revenue stream for the gaa and was good PR....which they needed.

“Any member of the Association who plays or encourages in any way rugby, football, hockey or any imported game which is calculated to injuriously affect our National Pastimes, is suspended from the Association.” That was the original rule.

Back in the day, the gaa even sent spotters to soccer and rugby matches, to try and see any of their own gang in attendance... mad, North Korea shît.

I don’t find duff as a brilliant pundit but he’d be spot on there... great 100% player too.

He went on a rant about the Liam Miller, RIP, testimonial, as if the GAA were obliged to open Pairc Uí Chaoimh without any consultation.

The ban is not that simple and it's disingenuous to imply that. The GAA was part of the Gaelic revival, formed in 1884 and nationalist in sympathy, with many IRB members etc. The ban was a protective measure against spies etc. The Northern situation resulted in it lasting so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Elton Welsby

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Don Wycherley

He's funny in the Galway races thing that was on TG4, think a bit too much of the Actorrr vibe coming off him though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Elton Welsby

Unfortunate name

There is a real blast from the past... haven’t seen or heard him in an age....

Here he is now...

BqqHSofCYAEu4Qp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Maybe it was a joke...

I think I know the comedian he's mentioning.

She doesn't do 'jokes'-she does 'lectures'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

He went on a rant about the Liam Miller, RIP, testimonial, as if the GAA were obliged to open Pairc Uí Chaoimh without any consultation.

The ban is not that simple and it's disingenuous to imply that. The GAA was part of the Gaelic revival, formed in 1884 and nationalist in sympathy, with many IRB members etc. The ban was a protective measure against spies etc. The Northern situation resulted in it lasting so long.

Himself and Kenny went to print on that event, excoriating the Gaa for something they had nothing to do with.

Despicable behaviour from himself and Kenny.

Ciaran Mullooly

• Registered Users Posts: 44 little bit of help

Ciaran Mullooly

I always think he says his name "Ciara Mullooly" never hear the n!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭John arse

me too!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Jennifer O’Connell, who writes for the Irish Times.

I know nothing about her and never read her articles. I find her inordinately high forehead very off putting.

Then I scroll down and see Una Mulally’s bulldog chewing on a nettle visage, which prompts an involuntary shudder and a rapid click to more entertaining news outlets.

Hamachi wrote: »
    Jennifer O’Connell, who writes for the Irish Times.

I know nothing about her and never read her articles. I find her inordinately high forehead very off putting.

Then I scroll down and see Una Mulally’s bulldog chewing on a nettle visage, which prompts an involuntary shudder and a rapid click to more entertaining news outlets.

Yes, I’d agree on Una Mullally.

I remember she herself used to post on the hotpress message board back about however many years ago... hyper opinionated, and not at all tolerant of opinions that were not in keeping with hers. Not very open minded or willing to show understanding or empathy with differing viewpoints , she was woke before that term existed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Una Mullalys Irish Times bio picture makes her look like a cross between Myra Hindley and Squeaky Fromme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Lucy Kennedy. She’s ignorant arrogant and completely talentless. She’s ruined Classic Hits morning show. Just the sound of her voice makes me want to claw my own eyes out.

Gerry Ryan (Rip) was a smug git , and now his daughter is equally as smug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭amacca

That's because he does

I'm happy to confirm you are 100% correct and relieved I'm not just imagining things.

Lucy Kennedy. She’s ignorant arrogant and completely talentless. She’s ruined Classic Hits morning show. Just the sound of her voice makes me want to claw my own eyes out.

Haha I had some very similar thoughts on her too earlier in the thread!

Yeah I’ll be honest I was delighted when she moved from Nova - had singlehandedly ruined the morning slot for years. I’m a tad bewildered as to how they got the gig on Classic Hits (a bigger station) when I’ve never heard anyone say a single positive thing about that show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

John Oliver. Classic smuggy, highbrow little weasel. Same thing every time - Look at how stupid this person is, act shocked and confused (despite it all being pre-scripted), mock that person, repeat. The giddiness he gets from feeling superior to others is pretty sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

guitarzero wrote: »
    John Oliver. Classic smuggy, highbrow little weasel. Same thing every time - Look at how stupid this person is, act shocked and confused (despite it all being pre-scripted), mock that person, repeat. The giddiness he gets from feeling superior to others is pretty sickening.

And notice everything he's campaigned for (chicken f**kers, Vote Hillary, etc etc) has failed?

Literally, his 'batting average' is atrocious.

guitarzero wrote: »

Another one of those people who once they mock etc the right people they'll getaway with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

If I still had a Bank Of Ireland account I would close it down on account of that asshat convicted drink driver!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

The janitor in this always ****ing annoyed me :p

Gerry Ryan (Rip) was a smug git , and now his daughter is equally as smug

Haha--- I was driving along one day & she was on radio with her stupid ' showbiz news'.....I was thinking what 1word would best describe lottie Ryan??

Talentless??
    Screechy??
    Nepotism??

But you nailed it
    SMUG

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Haha--- I was driving along one day & she was on radio with her stupid ' showbiz news'.....I was thinking what 1word would best describe lottie Ryan??

Talentless??
    Screechy??
    Nepotism??

But you nailed it
    SMUG

She’s almost a God compared to Doireann Garrihy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Another one of those people who once they mock etc the right people they'll getaway with it.

Yep, and most of the time its the right people.

Advertisement