Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

razorblunt wrote: »
    Alan McLoughlin hasn't had half the red carpet roll outs from RTE that Stephanie Roche has had.
    She's done very well out of it and credit to her but you're right when you say female pundits escape criticism. Leeds United calling out the BT Sport pundit about their relegation season being one other example.

Sone Aluko is another person I'd add to this, I have great time for Alex Scott but when they were both on covering the World Cup in Russia it was night and day the difference between the two. Aluko's agent must be incredible she keeps ending up in these roles. Most recently Sky Sports News ran a story that she was leaving Aston Villa women's team (she was DoF - again how?) to take up a gig in LA. So? Who cares? Villa almost got relegated, talk about landing on her feet.

While i have no issue with her there's no way a male player would still be talked about had he done the same thing. Anytime i've seen her as a pundit she's never added anything, again if it was a male pundit they wouldn't be givenas much of an opportunity as she has.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I think his head/facial expression do him no favors.

Looks like Beavis grew up and went bald

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Joanne Cantwell.

Since she took over the Sunday Game from Michael Lyster she's like a bossy little primary school teacher. Doesn't allow panel members express themselves.

Add to that Ursula Jacob. She is a terrible analyst and her voice is the hardest to listen to on tv.

Her carry on as a sideline interviewer over the years was disgraceful, pig ignorant.

RTEs whole GAA coverage is a shambles. Probably the only thing Mickey Harte ever got right was boycotting them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

Rory's Stories. About 1 in 20 of his videos are any way funny. Stealing a living.
    Buff Egan. The chap isn't all there.
    The 'oh we're great craic' 2 Johnnies. A pair of smug ****.

A three in a row for me

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

David Keeling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

David Keeling

Is that the strawberry picker exploiter?

Is that the strawberry picker exploiter?

Coronavirus restrictions didn't apply to the keeling dynasty when they flying in cheap labour from Romania & hungry at the height of the first "wave"........PLUS he oozes smarmyness on radio ads

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rory's Stories. About 1 in 20 of his videos are any way funny. Stealing a living.
    Buff Egan. The chap isn't all there.
    The 'oh we're great craic' 2 Johnnies. A pair of smug ****.

Nailed it on all 3 accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Coronavirus restrictions didn't apply to the keeling dynasty when they flying in cheap labour from Romania & hungry at the height of the first "wave"........PLUS he oozes smarmyness on radio ads

At the time there was about 1/10th of the cases in Bulgaria as there were in Ireland.... the cheap labour was the lazy narrative from some.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Having had dealing with Kealings (it rhymes.. unfortunately) it's not just him that's smarmy.

The whole company is like that.

• Advertisement

Having had dealing with Kealings (it rhymes.. unfortunately) it's not just him that's smarmy.

Have you ever had dealings with anyone that was positive?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Have you ever had dealings with anyone that was positive?

You have to be more specific-with people, companies, or my local supermarket?

Because I'm pretty much 50/ 50 on all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

There’s people blokes just shouldn’t have an opinion on and whitmore is one, let them on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

cms88 wrote: »
    No matter the sport the female analysts will never be criticised no matter what they say.

In soccer Stephanie Roche is often rolled out. Baced on what? One goal from almost 10 years that she's still living off despite being found out by mutilate clubs since.

I remember the goal and the big contract that followed and in an interview after I got the impression things weren’t going well with her in the club (France or uk?) , was it a case of a lucky goal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

razorblunt wrote: »
    Alan McLoughlin hasn't had half the red carpet roll outs from RTE that Stephanie Roche has had.
    She's done very well out of it and credit to her but you're right when you say female pundits escape criticism. Leeds United calling out the BT Sport pundit about their relegation season being one other example.

Sone Aluko is another person I'd add to this, I have great time for Alex Scott but when they were both on covering the World Cup in Russia it was night and day the difference between the two. Aluko's agent must be incredible she keeps ending up in these roles. Most recently Sky Sports News ran a story that she was leaving Aston Villa women's team (she was DoF - again how?) to take up a gig in LA. So? Who cares? Villa almost got relegated, talk about landing on her feet.

Eli Aluko? yeah she's dreadful, (she did commentary covering for Sue Smith who is much better on Soccer Saturday and she couldn't string a coherent sentence together), from her whinging about her poor book sales and other things, she's plays a few cards a lot - race/gender

At the time there was about 1/10th of the cases in Bulgaria as there were in Ireland.... the cheap labour was the lazy narrative from some.

Very creatine accounting there.........DETECTED CASES maybe but they were doing practically feck all testing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Eli Aluko? yeah she's dreadful, (she did commentary covering for Sue Smith who is much better on Soccer Saturday and she couldn't string a coherent sentence together), from her whinging about her poor book sales and other things, she's plays a few cards a lot - race/gender
    Yes that’s her.
    She’s genuinely woeful and seems like a bit of a eejit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

She's famous for being married to John Legend and is also a model apparently.

She's got big knockers and that's about it oh yeah and she sucks John Legend's cock

Mod

Threadbanned. Do not post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Bono

Gets on my nerves, always has done, fake intellectual Guru, stupid name anyway, sounds like a dog biscuit. Full of "interesting" sh|t to say, not :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Bono

Gets on my nerves, always has done, fake intellectual Guru, stupid name anyway, sounds like a dog biscuit. Full of "interesting" sh|t to say, not :cool:

Maybe its just Bono specifically rather than U2 as a collective but i've never really understood the level of vitriol directed to Bono/U2.....maybe he's not everyone's cup of tea, i do get that, but you will do well to come up with better examples of individuals who have been more influential globally and more importantly, have put Ireland on the map (particularly in the states) in the last 30-40 years than Bono/U2 and we've all indirectly benefited from that in some way whether we like to admit it or not.....

I bumped into him years ago when i was out with college friends and with a skin full of pints we each went up to him and asked for an autograph (this was a LONG time ago) and he could have told us to f**k off and let him enjoy his evening after about the 6th person but he was patient and sound and even had a brief chat with us.....very down to earth and this would have been at height of their powers......

I suspect a lot of the negativity is down to him thinking he can solve the worlds problems and speaks with a D4 accent which i can understand in quite irritating but i think there's worse out there to be honest....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

New product Keelings Smarmalade :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Bono

While the whole i'm going to save the world **** is annoy he's actually supposed to be alright if you were to meet him. Makes time for fans etc

The Edge on the otherhand is supposed to be a completer arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    I suspect a lot of the negativity is down to him thinking he can solve the worlds problems and speaks with a D4 accent which i can understand in quite irritating but i think there's worse out there to be honest....

I really dislike bono and i'll admit you are close to the mark (bar the d4 accent). I hate his preaching that he has a solution. Banging on about stuff way outside his expertise. He is just a globalist shill dressed up as the PR version of Mother Theresa.

He is full of b0llocks but sadly has a platform so I occasionally encounter his mewling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Very creatine accounting there.........DETECTED CASES maybe but they were doing practically feck all testing

Since you couldn't name the country the pickers came from, I'd say we can discount your post

I remember the goal and the big contract that followed and in an interview after I got the impression things weren’t going well with her in the club (France or uk?) , was it a case of a lucky goal ?

There was a few clubs. In the US she lasted only a few months. Went to England and Italy as well. She always seemed to have some excuse for it not working out.

While it was a great goal only for the fast of getting lucky by having someone there to video it no one would have even know.

paw patrol wrote: »
    I really dislike bono and i'll admit you are close to the mark (bar the d4 accent). I hate his preaching that he has a solution. Banging on about stuff way outside his expertise. He is just a globalist shill dressed up as the PR version of Mother Theresa.

He is full of b0llocks but sadly has a platform so I occasionally encounter his mewling

Personally i think the D4 accent doesn't help....I'd imagine if Damian dempsey (for example) was telling us about how we need to help people on the other side of the world, more people would listen.....like i said, i do get why people dislike him but i look at it from the point of view that at least he's using his platform to try to do good....how he's going about it is more the source of irritant....there's plenty with his platform that do SFA apart from count their money....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Personally i think the D4 accent doesn't help....I'd imagine if Damian dempsey (for example) was telling us about how we need to help people on the other side of the world, more people would listen.....like i said, i do get why people dislike him but i look at it from the point of view that at least he's using his platform to try to do good....how he's going about it is more the source of irritant....there's plenty with his platform that do SFA apart from count their money....

Bono is from the northside. His accent is more a hybrid of American and Dublin, he doesn’t have a D4 accent at all.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,018 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

cms88 wrote: »
    While the whole i'm going to save the world **** is annoy he's actually supposed to be alright if you were to meet him. Makes time for fans etc

The Edge on the otherhand is supposed to be a completer arsehole.

Lost all respect for The Edge when he didn't even take off his beanie walking his daughter down the aisle. Gob****e.

Another person that is cropping up again lately: Nuala Carey. She is in that category of Irish woman that thinks she's more attractive than she actually is.

Bono is from the northside. His accent is more a hybrid of American and Dublin, he doesn’t have a D4 accent at all.

i'm aware of that alright, i was referring to his accent in well known cliched terms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

people from Raheny/Clontarf can sound like they have a d4 accent

Advertisement