Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Actually looks like a lot of fun. Would definitely be on for a few boardsie races of private lobbies can be setup?

Is it pad or wheel? I've my 4 set up with my wheel and my 5 is elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Wreckfest is good but the track variety hurt it for me after not to long.

Battlefield is very meh but might be a good boon for people still playing it.

Don't know much about stranded deep tbh other than its another survival game with building mechanics.

Played a bit of Valheim recently so doubt I be up for a game of that type again for a bit. Too many games in the genre make doing anything too grindy,Ark for instance,I like that game but basic gathering of supplies is just a pain and Valheim has shown it doesn't need to be that way to keep the survival feel. Don't want creative mode but also don't want to spend hours doing mundane chores like gathering stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Have Battlefield and Stranded Deep, but Wreckfest looks great fun, hadn't heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Didn't know Wreckfest was getting a PS5 update, will definitely try it again. I've done all I can as a single player in it, abs they do have pay to win cars for sale, so when I was playing MP there wasn't a hope of winning. Will still give it another blast though, its the closest to Destruction Derby since Destruction Derby 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭tigger123

I bought it the week of release, and I still go back to Battlefield very regularly. Its a great shooter, and deeper than the usual shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

This month's free games are now available

• Registered Users Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not much interest in BF V but that's a great month for games. Stranded Deep is 2.6gb and Wreckfest is 22.7gb for anyone interested.

Hopefully can get a Boardsie destruction derby going sometime this week.

Not much interest in BF V but that's a great month for games. Stranded Deep is 2.6gb and Wreckfest is 22.7gb for anyone interested.

Definitely be into some of that. I have it on PC but none of my friends play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭jj880

Wreckfest online is great. The worst positions are first and last. The fun is in the middle tryin to gain/hold position. Must try the destruction derby later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Goddamn Wreckfest is only ps5

dudeeile wrote: »
    Goddamn Wreckfest is only ps5

A lot of players in game chat said ps4 wreckfest was very poor. That the ps5 60fps version is the only version to play. Maybe you arent missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I'd be up for that too. Really enjoyed it on Ps4, looking forward to giving the souped up Ps5 version a go later. Does anyone know if your ps4 saves carry over to the ps5 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

jj880 wrote: »
    A lot of players in game chat said ps4 wreckfest was very poor. That the ps5 60fps version is the only version to play. Maybe you arent missing out.

Does the PS5 update not release on June 1st? How are they playing it now?

Don't know about the base PS4 but the game ran fine on the Pro. Well as fine as 30fps can be

Can't say I'm too happy with the €10 upgrade fee givin the amount of content that's behind DLC pay walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

EoinHef wrote: »

I have it a while and downloaded it before today so to have it ready. When I powered on the PS5 a bit ago, there was a 1-ish gb update to what I had, but when checking the PS+ library I had to download the PS5 version (22Gb), even though when you press options on the game icon, it said it was already the PS5 version...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Don't know about the base PS4 but the game ran fine on the Pro. Well as fine as 30fps can be

Can't say I'm too happy with the €10 upgrade fee givin the amount of content that's behind DLC pay walls.

Ps5 version out today on psplus. 1st June for physical or non plus digital upgrades

I've been threatening to get Stranded Deep for **** knows how long so...nice.

Well this is the version i have from last night. Looks like the ps5 version to me. Plays really smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

Stranded Deep is TOUGH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Battlefield V was doing strange things to my PS5 when I tried to download it. It said I need approx 92 GBs so I cleared it so I had about 99 GB free. As soon as I started to download it it give me the error message that there wasn't enough space and need the 92 GB space. Checked storage and it said I only had 11 GB free. Deleted the download, checked my storage and it said I had 99 GB free. Tried the download again, got the error message straight away and this time it said I needed 43 GB of free space. Checked my storage and again it said I only had 11 GB free again. Deleted the download again and checked my storage and it was back to 99 GB again. I gave up at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Battlefield V was doing strange things to my PS5 when I tried to download it. It said I need approx 92 GBs so I cleared it so I had about 99 GB free. As soon as I started to download it it give me the error message that there wasn't enough space and need the 92 GB space. Checked storage and it said I only had 11 GB free. Deleted the download, checked my storage and it said I had 99 GB free. Tried the download again, got the error message straight away and this time it said I needed 43 GB of free space. Checked my storage and again it said I only had 11 GB free again. Deleted the download again and checked my storage and it was back to 99 GB again. I gave up at that stage.

That's normal for PS platforms. You need as much in free space above the amount to actually install the game as psn uses encrypted files.

Just be glad it isn't CoD, it needs nearly 200gb in free space to install patches due to updates requiring a copy of the entire installation.

It's bs that Sony haven't sorted out since PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

That's normal for PS platforms. You need as much in free space above the amount to actually install the game as psn uses encrypted files.

Just be glad it isn't CoD, it needs nearly 200gb in free space to install patches due to updates requiring a copy of the entire installation.

It's bs that Sony haven't sorted out since PS3.

I understand the issue with needing twice the space, I just never had the issue I described where I had the space it required and it still wouldn't download.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Had a crack at Wreckfest last night, it’s pretty good fun I must say. Haven’t gone online yet but there’s a decent variety of cars and races in career and the gameplay and graphics are solid, really looks like an AAA title at times. Menus are a bit of a mess but it’s not a huge issue.

It’s well worth a try anyway, it’d be some craic to get plenty here online for a destruction derby. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wreck fest is great, played a good bit on ps4. It's great the way the AI ahead of you in single player can crash out on their own

Stranded Deep is janky as ****.

Stranded Deep is janky as ****.

Breaking news: Survival/crafting game janky.

:pac:

Breaking news: Survival/crafting game janky.

:pac:

Subnautica was smooth as butter compared to this, i knew it would ruin other survival games for me. Damn sexy Subnautica.

Subnautica was smooth as butter compared to this, i knew it would ruin other survival games for me. Damn sexy Subnautica.

Try the thousands of other survival games out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Played first couple of levels of streets of rage 4 and deleted it, it looks pretty and has a bit of a nostalgia factor but other than that, side scrolling beat em ups have no real value for me.

Played an hour or so of wreckfest, looks pretty but car games aren't my bag and it's not nearly as fun as destruction derby. Deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement