Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Tried Days Gone a few months back through the Plus collection. I don’t know whether I just wasn’t in the mood for that type of game or something else, but I deleted it after about 3 hours.

When does it get good?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

pretty much at the first cut scene. I've seen people say once you upgrade the bike or start getting certain skills but most people who really liked it, as far as I can tell, did so from the start. I just loved the whole set up story gameplay etc but it's not for everyone

I've said before I've killed myself trying to get into games that got good reviews but for whatever reason it just hasn't clicked, in saying that I have, albeit rarely, struggled to get into games and then for some unknown reason it just clicks.... case in point for me was Dying Light

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

martyos121 wrote: »
    Tried Days Gone a few months back through the Plus collection. I don’t know whether I just wasn’t in the mood for that type of game or something else, but I deleted it after about 3 hours.

When does it get good?

It didn't for me.

Not a great selection for me this month, Oddworld will be given a go, but I couldn't get into the originals so can't see this being any different. Days Gone is meh at best (to me) and no interest in the Zombie Army games.

C'est la vie!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

1 PS5 game and 1 PS4 game, Days Gone comes free with the PS Plus Collection.

Iinm there are still 8 games in the Collection that have not been on Plus

Crash N'Sane Trilogy
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV
    The Last Guardian
    Monster Hunter World
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Resident Evil 7

As the Plus collection wasn't available to us on PS4, outside of Fallout 4, I would like getting any of the above games in PS Plus.

titan18 wrote: »
    Ye get Oddworld. It's 2 PS4 games and 1 PS5 so seems fair to me

How you getting twice as many games is fair is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

How you getting twice as many games is fair is beyond me.

I'm not, PS5 owners are getting 2 (and 1 already they have), and I'm getting 2 (and 1 extra i can't play as don't have a ps5).

It's the same as getting a game on PS Plus when you already own it to me.

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm not, PS5 owners are getting 2 (and 1 already they have), and I'm getting 2 (and 1 extra i can't play as don't have a ps5).

It's the same as getting a game on PS Plus when you already own it to me.

Yeah, I hear ya.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Sd james

But disappointed with Days gone in PS Plus since it was in the collection but I suppose there are only so many games they can put in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Completed and traded Days Gone into CEX last year, blasted through it during lockdown 1.0. Will defiantly re-download and play through it again on the hard mode

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

What's the best PS plus offer going? I haven't paid for one in a couple of years and the last time I did it cost me 45e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

sterz wrote: »
    What's the best PS plus offer going? I haven't paid for one in a couple of years and the last time I did it cost me 45e.

Unfortunately all the usual places that sell it at a discounted price have been out of stock since January

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Unfortunately all the usual places that sell it at a discounted price have been out of stock since January

In the meantime I came across this: https://www.shopto.net/en/dls55907-playstation-plus-12-month-membership-p113292/

Can that be used here or UK only?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

sterz wrote: »
    In the meantime I came across this: https://www.shopto.net/en/dls55907-playstation-plus-12-month-membership-p113292/

Can that be used here or UK only?

UK only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭jj880

I really like oddworld soulstorm. Good haptic feedback and tough addictive gameplay. I was a big fan of the previous games.

It won't download for me. Keeps giving an error.

It won't download for me. Keeps giving an error.

I saw it in the playstation android app last night. App is called "PS App". Added it to library from there. Then started the download on the PS5 this morning.

jj880 wrote: »
    I saw it in the playstation android app last night. App is called "PS App". Added it to library from there. Then started the download on the PS5 this morning.

Gives an error on the app too. I got an email notification that i bought it but it's not in my library.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just added them now through the app

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gives an error on the app too. I got an email notification that i bought it but it's not in my library.

That happened to me last month with Maquette.

Should fix itself in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jesus soulstorm skiiiiipp the cutscene and let me ****ing play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Jesus soulstorm skiiiiipp the cutscene and let me ****ing play

I'm a few hours in its great fun. Ten times better than the other ones :)

I'm a few hours in its great fun. Ten times better than the other ones :)

I just finished the first level but have no desire to play anymore. Really like the first one back on ps1 but this was like Trials except stopping to put out fires. Are the rest of the levels like this?

The first level is more a tutorial for basic controls. It gets tougher and levels have a good variety. You can see examples here:

Not everyone's cup of tea but I will try to complete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I just finished the first level but have no desire to play anymore. Really like the first one back on ps1 but this was like Trials except stopping to put out fires. Are the rest of the levels like this?

First level is to show u how it works give it a go it's good fun and challenging

First level is to show u how it works give it a go it's good fun and challenging

Will give it another go but that was not a good tutorial level to get people interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I played a few levels of it last night, and it's more of the same so doubt I'll be sticking to it. Lovely looking game in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's really good

Its a slow build up of harder levels, puzzles and enemies. The levels and crafting get more interesting the more you play. You will be playing for a few hours before it really gets going. I like puzzle games that you have to explore.
    It's also a tough challenge to find the hidden mudokons.
    I see there are articles saying there are some bugs. I haven't encountered any. There was an update earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I played through the first level and I don't know if I'll stick at it. Is it me or are the cutscenes unskippable? Also, I was trying to stop the game during one of the cutscenes and I couldn't do it - it wouldn't give me the option to get back to the main menu. I ended up having to close the entire game to get out of it. Extremely annoying. Those cutscenes are annoying af and they go on for ages longer than they need to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement