Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canelo V BJ Saunders - Texas - DAZN - May 8th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

As far as I heard there was no original agreement,

22ft is fair and should be the end of it ,

I saw a clip from Hearn on twitter and he said it was meant to be 20ft but I guess nothing was in writing. He had to go back to canelos team twice with new Saunders requests.

Said the Canelo team were grand with it. Can't find the link but I'm sure its easy spot in google.

Yeah its done now and either way BJS will be doing a lot of running for the night, just a question of can he run fast enough.

Looking froward to it. Never have I cared about the details just the punches

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

What are your guys predictions ?

I think BJS will win some early rounds but be stopped around round 9/10 or possible survive & go the distance and lose on points,

I think he will try to run, hide and spoil and will succeed in that for a time because he has got some good technical skills but I think he will get caught in the mid to late rounds and stopped, all week I've been thinking round 6/7 but I will say probably round 9. I don't think he will see the final bell, I'll be surprised if he does anyway.

I don't think he has anything to trouble Canelo, or discourage him from walking him down and I can see him getting caught and punished when he starts to tire from the forward pressure in his face.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Watching some of the pre fight videos, my god is there a more unlikeable character than Saunders?

I'd usually root for any kind of underdog, but the man is remarkably obnoxious.

You can see some guys do it to build the fight etc.. but he is just awful.

Seeing them all sitting around the hotel lobby, they will need industrial cleaners to get rid of the waft of testosterone and bullsh*t when their crew leave.

Wouldn't be surprised if Fury is on a wind up with him aswell, filling his head with nonsense knowing he will get dominated. The machismo is gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Where did you see that I thought the SSE for Murray was a 20ft ?

https://twitter.com/cmckennasport/status/1390069111225520129?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 54,616 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I finding it hard to understand your outrage on this ,

Not outraged at all

Just calling it BS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Butson

AdrianG08 wrote: »
    Watching some of the pre fight videos, my god is there a more unlikeable character than Saunders?

I'd usually root for any kind of underdog, but the man is remarkably obnoxious.

You can see some guys do it to build the fight etc.. but he is just awful.

Seeing them all sitting around the hotel lobby, they will need industrial cleaners to get rid of the waft of testosterone and bullsh*t when their crew leave.

Wouldn't be surprised if Fury is on a wind up with him aswell, filling his head with nonsense knowing he will get dominated. The machismo is gas.

Saunders old man giving lip to Canelo at the face off yesterday.
    The absolute cut of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It's an interesting topic, the concession will no doubt be seen as a win by BJS, its all mind games, in his mind he's already 1 round up.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I could see Billy winning a good few of the early rounds and then going on the run. If it goes the distance he'll have a chance but I'd fancy the Mexican to get a stoppage around 9/10.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

It's an interesting topic, the concession will no doubt be seen as a win by BJS, its all mind games, in his mind he's already 1 round up.

I honestly think he was hoping it might get to Canelo and his team - doesn't seem to bother them. Maybe I am mistaken but that is supreme confidence from the Canelo side.

BJS looking at losing his belt and record - seen the odds were 7 to 1 on for Canelo - pretty steep.

I literally watched a clip of him yesterday saying everything was sorted and what was agreed at the start is whats happening, is that a concession?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

I literally watched a clip of him yesterday saying everything was sorted and what was agreed at the start is whats happening, is that a concession?

They're going with the 22ft ring when 20 ft had been agreed. Canelo has agreed to it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

They're going with the 22ft ring when 20 ft had been agreed. Canelo has agreed to it.

Why did Saunders say yesterday that everything was sorted and that everything was the way it was agreed from the start if there was any change?

To be even clearer, if he had gotten some concession don't you think he would have crowed about it as he was talking on camera being interviewed?

Edit: Ill dig for the video link after work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Probably the most deluded person I’ve ever seen, he thinks he’s 1 up but everyone else in the world knows he’d love an opportunity to duck this. Have never hoped a boxer would get really hurt in the ring before but fcukin hell I do hope Canelo retires him here with a great amount of both physical and mental pain as a send off gift.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2021/05/canelo-agrees-to-fight-saunders-in-22-ft-ring/?amp

From that it seems that Eddie is saying there was an initial misunderstanding over the ring size on his end (and Saunders) and nothing to do with Canelo or his team and when he went back and said theres a problem Canelo said straight away yeah no bother.

Can't for the life of me find the video.

Why did Saunders say yesterday that everything was sorted and that everything was the way it was agreed from the start if there was any change?

To be even clearer, if he had gotten some concession don't you think he would have crowed about it as he was talking on camera being interviewed?

Edit: Ill dig for the video link after work

Is this the same man that said Daniel Kinahan is a top bloke that never did anything wrong? Clearly a man to be trusted on his word haha.

The video a few posts back with the Hearne says all that needs be said.

BJS was being a whiney b1tch and Canelo doesn't seem to give a rats ass. That may be why he didn't want to continue the conversation, it seems to only have upset and affected him and his camp.

It will give BJS a better chance than he had - more running room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

If you have a DAZN subscription can you just put the fight on at any time you want Sunday morning?

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    If you have a DAZN subscription can you just put the fight on at any time you want Sunday morning?

Yes

It's on the library, similar to youtube

I will probably watch the recording of it....these 0500 morning jobs are too much

walshb wrote: »
    Yes

I will probably watch the recording of it....these 0500 morning jobs are too much

Too hell with that - crack open the whiskey and shout at the telly when everyone else is in bed.

Got to keep some traditions alive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Saunders is not standing up for himself. Cant believe anyone would fall for that laughable narrative. He's been found out with the ring size BS. If it wasnt that it would be the arena lights or not enough tickets for his goons or Canelo ate too much.

The funniest thing is Canelo is more or less yawning with this crap and Saunders is too stupid to notice.

Love to see him sparked but going for UD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I’ll believe he’ll fight fight him when I see him in the ring after the bell goes, until then it’s very possible the snake will wiggle out of this one.

Anyone see bookies odds on the fight not happening?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Press conference live stream on atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Yes

Yea it’s too late to stay up these days. Wrecked all day Sunday if you do.

Quick question on DAZN. Well a few.

So it's 1.99 a month in Ireland.
    The fights included in that price and catch up is available anytime next day.
    Is it device specific or a sign in 1 user job on any device?
    Is it browser or app based?

Will have the fight live on my TV service but was thinking I would sign up just incase the whiskey gets the better of me on the night Haha.

If anyone has used/uses the info would be much appreciated

Will have the fight live on my TV service but was thinking I would sign up just incase the whiskey gets the better of me on the night Haha.

Fight included

Catch up available.

One user available (one IP) across any devices

Browser based! But is on the App Store!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I'm the same but I'm just after looking it up on their website. For 1.99 is a great deal. It's all on the homepage when you scroll down.
    Devices are your usual TVs, Samsung, LG etc.
    Chromecast, fire stick, Xbox, PlayStation, phone. Be harder find a device without the app available :D
    Seems a great job.

Nobody is backing Saunders as heavily as Fury..

Fury says it will be an easy smashing..

Aren't they related so not surprised to be hearing that.

Might as well be confident pre fight, if he doesn't think he can win he's got no business in the ring.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

My bet is they don't even like each other. Competitive family rivalry. The fact Fury is saying he will smash him only ups the pressure on BJS and there will obviously be certain level of embarrassment on his end when he loses.

• Moderators Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I honestly think BJS has a serious chance of outboxing him - and think he's very underrated by many - whether he can keep it up for the full 12, God knows. Maybe I'm an idiot. I probably am an idiot. :pac:

Looking forward to it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Butson

x PyRo wrote: »
    I honestly think BJS has a serious chance of outboxing him - and think he's very underrated by many - whether he can keep it up for the full 12, God knows. Maybe I'm an idiot. I probably am an idiot. :pac:

Looking forward to it though.

What are you basing that on though?

He fought a shot Andy Lee who has since admitted his head wasn't in a good place for that fight. David Lemieux? Levels below Canelo.

I hope you are right as would love a competitive fight. He does look in great shape and his head is screwed on for this one. Nobody gave Lopez a chance against Loma, but Canelo is a different animal.

Advertisement