Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 people celebrate a wedding in Longford.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Pikeys who'd have thought it. Between pikeys and teenage scrotes in Dublin harrassing and stabbing people to death, when will the state grow a pair and tackle these gougers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

mgn wrote: »
    Then start a thread and rant away.

Suddenly you don't seem concerned about people getting infected.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Children are not at lower risk of catching Covid. They are at lower risk to dying and living with the consequences for the rest of their lives with Long Covid.
    This appears to be something you selfishly have no problem with.

Their teachers were also denied vaccination and some have subsequently become infected (but screw 'em, eh? . . . the more the merrier)

Wrong. Children are largely asymptomatic carriers and hence a lower risk of transmission, therefore at lower risk of catching it in a school environment.

No teachers were denied vaccination, they will be offered a vaccine based on their risk profile.

This is all based on logic and scientific evidence , not your ill-informed knee-jerk reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Children are not at lower risk of catching Covid. They are at lower risk to dying and instead having to live with the consequences )for the rest of their lives) of Long Covid. Their parents and general society are then at greater risk of catching the virus.
    This appears to be something you selfishly have no problem with.

Their teachers were also denied vaccination and some have subsequently become infected (but screw 'em, eh? . . . the more the merrier)

So then let's close the schools and put you out on the P.U.P. How does that sound? Happy with €350 p.w.?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Not to the virus there isn't.

I'm simply making the point that we cannot have it both ways.

We can't open schools, expose many to deliberate infection, tell teachers to f**k off when they enquired about vaccination prioritisation (as occurred n the US and 22 EU countries) ...... and then get angry at a wedding of travellers who are effectively doing what government are doing in 4000 buildings right across the country.

Some of my students and colleagues are presently infected with the virus.
    There won't be any outrage on here.
    That I can assure you.

Because no one gives a ****. You have the right to strike, you guys love a strike, what's up, are you on strike from striking now?

• Advertisement

And yet if you fly back into Ireland after burying a parent they do have the powers to lock you up in a hotel.

I am not excusing anything here, these are the facts of how the laws are.

Wrong. Children are largely asymptomatic carriers and hence a lower risk of transmission, therefore at lower risk of catching it in a school environment.

No teachers were denied vaccination, they will be offered a vaccine based on their risk profile.

This is all based on logic and scientific evidence , not your ill-informed knee-jerk reactions.

Yeah, sure.

So then let's close the schools and put you out on the P.U.P. How does that sound? Happy with €350 p.w.?

Off you go.

:D

This website. . . .Attracts the nastiest loons in society but always very entertaining.

:)

Yeah, sure.

Well yes I am sure, that's why I posted? Have you an actual rebuttal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Suddenly you don't seem concerned about people getting infected.....

To be honest, if some people are not bothered about getting it, then why should I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

No alcohol as it's a school but people have to eat/drink without masks.

NPHET/HSE/FF/FG couldn't care less. Covid currently running through the school with many out.

So why the issue here?

Comes across more as racism to me.

id be genuinely worried if my kids were being taught by someone who believed travellers were a different " race " ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Off you go.

This website. . . .Attracts the nastiest loons in society but always very entertaining.

You can log off anytime it gets too much for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

mgn wrote: »
    Explain to me teacher, how is it racist.

Born in the same country.

Same Religion.

Same colour.

Am I missing something.

yes , the WOKE disease

It's mad that you know it's travellers just from reading the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Off you go.

So you would prefer to have continued the homeschooling of January and February instead of opening the schools? I'm sure you were most likely on full pay during this time. I know some of my kids' teachers made a big effort during this time while others didn't. I hope you fall into the former group...

So you would prefer to have continued the homeschooling of January and February instead of opening the schools? I'm sure you were most likely on full pay during this time. I know some of my kids' teachers made a big effort during this time while others didn't. I hope you fall into the former group...

It's a hidden secret that only the teachers were on full pay and that everyone else working from home are/were doing so for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭lalababa

Alot of travellers only respect threats or actual physicality. Some settled are similar..some of the working class. Otherwise they will walk all over you... it's dog eat dog.
    The criminal class in Ireland really need a new york style 3 strikes and you're out approach ......
    .......or at the very least 100 strikes and you're out hahaaaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Genuine question; has anybody see a traveler ( or Roma)wear a mask ?

The Roma I have spoken with say they can’t wear masks ( didn’t stop them meeting up during lockdown)

* yes they had a Covid death in their family. He was ok to talk to. Broken English but he always said hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Let them meet en masse and have their celebration, I'd even encourage them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I won't comment on this specific incident but will consider a hypothetical scenario -

Imagine a group of 200 people set up a marquee in a rural part of the country to celebrate something like a christening or a lotto win. This group of people know what they're doing and even after being approached by the local authority and the guards, court order in hand; refuse to desist and tell them to take a hike. At this point there probably wouldn't be many options left bar enforcement of the legislation - a process that would more than likely require use of force.

Now consider that this is taking place in a very rural part of the country. Somewhere like Leitrim. Like many rural counties there would be a set number of gardai working at any one time. Enough to keep things going but not enough to be able to take on even a fraction of the 200 disgruntled people who are militant about this function going ahead. With the potential for a stand off leading to damaged property, assaults and public order I'm not surprised they decided to stand down.

I have no doubt it must have been infuriating for both the guards and council staff as I'm sure they're putting up with all of the restrictions in their own lives only to see this crowd get away with it.

Even if it was Dublin or Cork with far more gardai would it have been smart or practical to go in and potentially fill all the cells in the surrounding five counties and block up the courts for potentially months - in a system that is far too lenient that wouldn't justify the cost or lost hours.

Add to all that how the vocal minority will come out and say the guards were too heavy handed and that no one was causing any harm..

Sorry. Just had to give my two cents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Arturo Delgado

It's mad that you know it's travellers just from reading the thread title.

It's simply that they don't recognize any law but their own. This is their culture. No point in getting irate. If the Garda don't enforce the law of the land they live in, no point in complaining.

FGR wrote: »
    Sorry. Just had to give my two cents.

Add to that, the travellers are better armed than the Public Order Unit aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

It's simply that they don't recognize any law but their own. This is their culture. No point in getting irate. If the Garda don't enforce the law of the land they live in, no point in complaining.

No point in the rest of us complying with the law then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Pavee Point spokesperson coming up on Newstalk now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Martin Collins "alarmed and concerned" and disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭Homer

Martin Collins "alarmed and concerned" and disappointed.

he meant armed. their spelling wouldn't be the best

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chosen1

dd973 wrote: »
    Another Traveller thread, like the LGBT threads, as people they're not that hard to avoid, stop going on about them all the time.

I think of them like New Zealanders, I know they exist but don't know any.

Spoken well and truly like someone who has the privilege of living in a nice area with little traveller population. You'll see a similar attitude from decision makers in our government who don't have to deal with these people on a daily basis.

From my experience, there are generally only two types of people who don't see a problem with travellers as a group. Either people who don't live close to areas where there are large numbers of them or other settled Irish people who are the dregs of society also.

Don't get me wrong, I have met a small number of travellers who turn their backs on the current lifestyle and try to get along buy they are a tiny number. Their forefathers also wouldn't have had close to the same social problems either and my grandfather would have known and was friendly with some genuine hardworking travellers people in the past. Unfortunately their way of life was unsustainable and the bulk have failed to adapt to modern society and instead rely on government handouts.

I do feel sorry for the few travellers who are genuine hard workers but they get need to be the majority not the minority. Also as a teacher, I hate seeing good children who have done no wrong in life getting their lives ruined by growing up in this horrible culture.

Embarrassed for the other teacher in here defending them and comparing this wedding in Longford to a school environment.

chosen1 wrote: »
    Embarrassed for the other teacher in here defending them and comparing this wedding in Longford to a school environment.

Don't be embarrassed because a school environment is much worse with larger numbers (5 times more in my case) over a longer sustained time period (i.e. everyday) where COVID is currently active and no one is vaccinated.

You'd know that if you were a teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Even on morning Ireland they haven't the balls to say it was a traveller wedding.
    What the **** is wrong with people in this country.
    These vermin need to be arrested and thrown in jail they are breaking the law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I presume the party is still in full swing?
    Sure why stop it if they know it's been allowed...
    May as well keep it open to allow all their family and mates have a ball.

Advertisement