Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

200 people celebrate a wedding in Longford.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Like I state . . . A racist baiting thread.

I have first hand experience of the damage and theft that travelers do. In 57 years I've yet to meet one that is honest.

I used to have retail stores. Most shoplifting was by travellers.

My parents house was ransacked by travellers. Thankfully they were caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

mgn wrote: »
    You can see now what is being taught in schools.

We have one of the best education systems in Europe with one of the relative lowest levels of investment.

The teacher haters have just moved onto being traveller haters on this thread.

They'll hate someone else tomorrow.
    Let the haters hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,143 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wonder did they have the sense to set up the marquee as a decoy for the real party!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I will indeed.

At least the nutters of boards.ie have found a group they hate more than teachers.....travellers.

A racist thread which should be closed down.

Explain to me teacher, how is it racist.

Born in the same country.

Same Religion.

Same colour.

Am I missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I will indeed.

At least the nutters of boards.ie have found a group they hate more than teachers.....travellers.

A racist thread which should be closed down.

You forgot Cyclists.

Would have been a full house.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

We have one of the best education systems in Europe with one of the relative lowest levels of investment.

Let the haters hate.

Never liked teachers, always pushing their own agendas.

Same Religion.

Same colour.

Am I missing something.

Different ethnicity and making people feel bad as a result of their background is a form of racism.

This is a racist baiting thread.

Most of ya don't give a f**k about the wedding and have no problem sending your kids into crowded infected schools where infection is spreading.

Admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Same Religion.

Same colour.

Am I missing something.

Yeah, you are. Racist doesn't just mean people of another race, it means people of another ethnic group.

prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Let the haters hate.

This thread is about travellers (again) completely flouting the rules when it suits them and nothing being done about it.

Your 200 students today were not slobbering pints into them, shouting, roaring, singing, dancing, fighting... I'm sure they were seated apart and wearing masks all day (apart from at break times). The risk was minimised and nowhere near that of this wedding.

I would have the same contempt for guys slugging pints and breaking the rules in Portobello or Ballsbridge or Ballinasloe, regardless of who they are. It's just that today's particular minority seem to be repeatedly taking the piss, be it in weddings or funerals, while at the same time lamenting the cheek of the rest of us for calling them out on it.

.Most of ya don't give a f**k about the wedding and have no problem sending your kids into crowded infected schools where infection is spreading.

Admit it.

What on earth are you smoking? There is a world of difference between a piss up with 200 people and essential education for kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

The Garda backing down reminds me about the time of the funeral procession when they backed down also.

Different ethnicity and making people feel bad as a result of their background is a form of racism.

Most of ya don't give a f**k about the wedding and have no problem sending your kids into crowded infected schools where infection is spreading.

Admit it.

Just because Enda Kenny gave them that title, it means nothing, the are still the Irish.

This thread is about travellers (again) completely flouting the rules when it suits them and nothing being done about it.

Your 200 students today were not slobbering pints into them, shouting, roaring, singing, dancing, fighting... I'm sure they were seated apart and wearing masks all day (apart from at break times). The risk was minimised and nowhere near that of this wedding.

I would have the same contempt for guys slugging pints and breaking the rules in Portobello or Ballsbridge or Ballinasloe, regardless of who they are. It's just that today's particular minority seem to be repeatedly taking the piss, be it in weddings or funerals, while at the same time lamenting the cheek of the rest of us for calling them out on it.

Well you can prove anything with facts.

Time for you to be cancelled.

Glazers Out!

EddieN75 wrote: »
    The Garda backing down reminds me about the time of the funeral procession when they backed down.

Gardai have no powers of arrest for breaking the covid guidelines like this, they can only issue fines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Gardai have no powers of arrest for breaking the covid guidelines like this, they can only issue fines.

Gardai are afraid of the travelling community. Always have been. They won't interfere unless they have the public order unit supporting them. They need to out number them 10-1

What on earth are you smoking? There is a world of difference between a piss up with 200 people and essential education for kids.

Not to the virus there isn't.

I'm simply making the point that we cannot have it both ways.

We can't open schools, expose many to deliberate infection, tell teachers to f**k off when they enquired about vaccination prioritisation (as occurred n the US and 22 EU countries) ...... and then get angry at a wedding of travellers who are effectively doing what government are doing in 4000 buildings right across the country.

Some of my students and colleagues are presently infected with the virus.
    There won't be any outrage on here.
    That I can assure you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Admit it.

I am sorry I am only giving you my experiences with travellers which has been largely negative. I try to judge people by how they behave not their race.

jk23 wrote: »
    I am sorry I am only giving you my experiences with travellers which has been largely negative. I try to judge people by how they behave not their race.

I respect your view that you have had negative experiences of travellers.

That's not the point of the thread.
    The point of the thread is not even about covid or infection spread.
    The point of the thread is to spread hate, and that is wrong.

We can't open schools, expose many to deliberate infection, tell teachers to f**k off when they enquired about vaccination prioritisation (as occurred n the US and 22 EU countries) ...... and then get angry at a wedding of travellers who are effectively doing what government are doing in 4000 buildings right across the country.

That I can assure you.

There is no rational means for comparing a structured environment like a school with a wedding where people are consuming alcohol.

I appreciate your concerns about your workplace and the issues surrounding the rollout of vaccinations but you're drawing a false equivalence in relation to comparing school to a wedding.

Glazers Out!

So was that also the point of the RTÉ article posted in the OP?

• Advertisement

That I can assure you.

No, we can definetly have it both ways. We can choose to put the lower risk of children young adults behind their essential education and at the same time we can condemn 200 adults in a tent getting hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Another Traveller thread, like the LGBT threads, as people they're not that hard to avoid, stop going on about them all the time.

I think of them like New Zealanders, I know they exist but don't know any.

So was that also the point of the RTÉ article posted in the OP?

We can only conclude that RTE is institutionally racist then. Seems legit.

Glazers Out!

That I can assure you.

Then start a thread and rant away.

dd973 wrote: »
    Another Traveller thread, like the LGBT threads, as people they're not that hard to avoid, stop going on about them all the time.

I think of them like New Zealanders, I know they exist but don't know any.

Some people don't have the luxury of pretending certain groups of people don't exist.

Glazers Out!

EddieN75 wrote: »
    Gardai are afraid of the travelling community. Always have been. They won't interfere unless they have the public order unit supporting them. They need to out number them 10-1

You aren't wrong saying this, but that doesn't change the fact that there are no powers of arrest for a gathering like what's in the thread. At most the gardai will issues fines, which will just be ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

To be honest most of my positive experiences with travellers have been through sport. Some brilliant soccer players and boxers etc...I don't hate travellers I just wish they would respect the law, there seems to be huge disconnect between the two societies we are living in...

No, we can definetly have it both ways. We can choose to put the lower risk of children young adults behind their essential education and at the same time we can condemn 200 adults in a tent getting hammered.

Children are not at lower risk of catching Covid. They are at lower risk to dying and instead having to live with the consequences )for the rest of their lives) of Long Covid. Their parents and general society are then at greater risk of catching the virus.
    This appears to be something you selfishly have no problem with.

Their teachers were also denied vaccination and some have subsequently become infected (but screw 'em, eh? . . . the more the merrier)

That's your opinion.

• Advertisement

And yet if you fly back into Ireland after burying a parent they do have the powers to lock you up in a hotel.

Advertisement