Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 people celebrate a wedding in Longford.

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭robbiezero

mgn wrote: »
    Same as that, sick of playing by the rules,

Not a Dub, but glad to hear the Dublin footballers faced no penalty for disobeying a nonsense restriction anyway.

Some of this rubbish (especially harmless outdoor stuff) has gone on far too long for no good reason.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I can't see any independent company removing it from the halting site, they'd want to be wearing balaclavas and have their registrations hidden, not a risk worth taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

"One bad apple" etc yet here we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The Guards need to proactive here. These guys clearly dont care and need repercussions badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The quotes here tell the attitude :
    when he asked Mr Connors to take the marquee down he replied: “I can’t take it down. My son’s wedding is going ahead and I accept the consequences of not taking it down.”

But lets be honest, there wont be any consequences, no serious ones anyway. They do what they like because the law wont stop them.

I know not all Travellers are the same, but a hell of a lot of them have the same attitudes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

This is the time for Pavee point to step up and go to the site and call off the wedding with a protest. Yeah we'll be waiting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Is this the end

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The Guards need to proactive here. These guys clearly dont care and need repercussions badly.

The Gardai will prob be going around churches counting how many people are in for mass. They wont go near the travellers

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

The Gardai will prob be going around churches counting how many people are in for mass. They wont go near the travellers

Terrified of them , travellers are well aware of this and act accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

There was a video recently of them breaking up a small gathering in a church with a priest on the altar.
    I know the wedding today is uo North but the wedding in Longford, where did the mass take part?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Well I wasn't wrong, back here with another 2 finger salute, another Marquee, Another Wedding and where??????? A halting site.

Just beyond words really, what we're those words of apology from Longford again? To the people of Ireland we apologise.

Curious to see how this ends, just extraordinary or perhaps maybe not

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Well I wasn't wrong, back here with another 2 finger salute, another Marquee, Another Wedding and where??????? A halting site.

Just beyond words really, what we're those words of apology from Longford again? To the people of Ireland we apologise.

Curious to see how this ends, just extraordinary or perhaps maybe not

New thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058185344

Advertisement