Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving testers RSA 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Driver 2018

cr2118 wrote: »
    Thanks for the information, However i find it hard to believe, given the long drawn out recruitment process that it took 60/70 people to try fill 40 positions. The handbook was clear in black and white what the job entailed with the salary offered. In a pandemic with the loss of many jobs, you would imagine people would take a two year contract to keep there heads above water rather than 350 a week which will stop soon.
    Dont be giving people false sense of hope...

I'm not giving false hope. Just the information I got which some might find useful. People are free to make there own decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Manic2020

Driver 2018 is correct a friend of mine was in the 60’s on the list and was offered a position last week but the location didn’t suit. I myself am in the 50’s and turned down the offer and I can see a lot of people doing similar if they are in work already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Manic2020

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Driver 2018

They are on number 69 on the panel. So whoever is number 70, will be the first to get a call.

As it is. 1 to 20 are still training. 21 to 40 haven't started training yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jim75

So are they definitely taking another 40 from the panel, which realistically see anyone under number 110 getting a call, hopefully they notify people sooner than later!

• Advertisement

Anyone hear any news of the pop up centres

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bonesaw

I was in the high 50's and got a call in May with an offer like some on here. The offers were at the complete opposite end of the country. Apparently lots of candidates from the west/south got through but most of the positions were in the East. Has to make you wonder about how efficient the whole recruitment process is if they ended up going through 70 candidates to fill 40. If the panel is 130 as reported on here, then they will struggle to fill the second 40. I wonder what the reasoning is behind not doing it regionally.

I was told on the phone, that refusal of a position too far away does not exclude you from getting a call if the second 40 are required. You will be called again if that goes ahead. I was also told this would be at least August/September.

Just wondering if anyone has had any contact since May and how the whole thing is going for the successful candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 eatsshootsandleaves

I am number 99 on the panel and haven't heard anything yet regarding the second 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hotesg

Hi lads

has anyone from the rsa in regards to the testers jobs I am in the low 80’s on the panel and haven’t heard fro the rsa you’re comment would be very appreciated

Any news by anyone on the rsa recruitment?

• Advertisement

I'm around the same as yourself and have heard nothing either, I have heard there are industrial relations issues, I wouldn't be holding out much hope at this stage.

But you never know!!

Thanks Jim 75 for the info we can only hope that positions will become available

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Snowdisty

It’s almost been a year since the recruitment process was underway & still I wait in hope. After reading all the comments on this feed I wonder what number they have stalled on. One comment was that they are on number 69 back in May’21 & just for reference I’m low 70’s so is there light soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 eatsshootsandleaves

I was in the top 100 and received this email today

Dear Candidate,

We wish to advise you that the panel for the Driver Tester Competition (16/20) has now closed and we will not be proceeding with any further offers for temporary appointments.

We will be advertising permanent Driver Tester positions shortly so we would advise you to keep an eye on our website and public jobs.

We would like to thank you for your interest in the Road Safety Authority and wish you well for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Jesus they want you go through all that shite again to get on another panel

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jayo94

That is some joke, you go through all that and they tell you the panel is closed and two weeks later they restart the recruitment process!

I was offered two unsuitable locations but if they were to offer me a suitable location now I would most likely take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I see the new recruitment process is open.

Are they looking for people with 12 months experience working as driver testers? Or is it people who are qualified driver trainers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jayhaych

Either or. I called collins mcNichols today to find out and they said they are looking for people aho have experienceas either driving instructors or testers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ganatomy

Hi has anyone here applied for the current recruitment campaign?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 shauna970

Has anyone entered the 2023 campaign for the rsa driver tester?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SnowFlakes2019

I applied for the current recruitment campaign. Did the driving assessment today in Mullingar. Will hear back within a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emerz2

Hi. Do you mind me asking if they asked you technical questions road signs etc before you start your driving assessment? I've mine on Thursday 1st time doing this 🙈 am bricking it and don't know mullingar at all.....

Hi. Do you mind me asking if they asked you technical questions road signs etc before you start your driving assessment? I've mine on Thursday 1st time doing this 🙈 am bricking it and don't know mullingar at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mk1mr2

They'll ask you the same type of questions as for the standard driving test. 3/4 questions(tyres, yellow box, how would you check your lights by yourself?)

The test is approx an hour. You'll be asked about hand signals while out on the test.

Test involves some dual carriageway driving, some stretches on country roads and a lot of estate driving within Mullingar.

Just be aware of the speed limits for each road.

Just go in to the main door of the hotel and wait on the seating inside the door on the left. They'll come and call your name

Thanks a mill for your response. Apologies I'm only getting back to you now. All done and dusted very hard to know what way it will go. I felt it was good but is it good enough for the rsa time will tell. Anyone know when the results are out 😊

Soon, was all I was advised.

I took my test on 13/06.

Hope to hear by the end of June

Got the email with the result today

• Advertisement

Seeking 3 references to be submitted by Friday.

No idea where the position is to be offered yet.

They had mentioned East coast during interview but no particular places have been identified.

Have you had any news yet?

Advertisement