Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Hi all.

Hoping to shed some light here but is there a chance of another CS panel happening? I'm on publicjobs.ie everyday keeping my eye out. I'm following this thread as well.

Thank you

There was meant to be a new campaign opening around now, however in an earlier post someone said they got a email from PAS that it would be delayed until September time.

Given the fact that Covid has slowed recruitment from this panel, there is a possibility that it might be pushed out again.

You can register for alerts on publicjobs.ie if you have set up an account but I would suggest you keep an eye on this thread as well. It will be posted here once it does go live.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Icbaby

Hi all.

Hoping to shed some light here but is there a chance of another CS panel happening? I'm on publicjobs.ie everyday keeping my eye out. I'm following this thread as well.

Thank you

Normally it’s a 2 year campaign but seemingly this one was marked as 1 year so should be finishing up soon (unless they extend it). If they don’t extend it the new panel should start around May I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Hi everyone, I have my interview next week and I am absolutely terrified... I hate interviews... I know I am well able to do this job, I work in a very busy office, but I hate being face to face and put on the spot... I tend to freeze up in those situations and can not sell myself or get out the words that I need to. Is there anywhere I can see any example questions that may come up??
    Congrats on getting the interview. There is no need to stress as it's usually a couple of people and they are lovely. If you Google STAR method or look back through the thread it will help you prepare for the type of questions. Mainly stuff like resolving a customer query that was tricky or have you had a situation with a colleague that may have not contributed to the team and how you handled it. They want you to do well so remember just look over the familiarisation material and have examples . Good luck🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 10 happylad21

sharkman wrote: »
    Thanks for the insight , I start training on Monday .

@sharkman

How did your first week go? What was the training like? Are you working from home? Are you based in Dublin, if so what are the other staff members like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Badam147

Anyone know what it's like to work in the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment and whats involved? is it in kildare Street or is there other offices? does it have flexi time? Sorry for all the questions I went back through the thread and didn't see anyone getting assigned in that department.

Starting in the DETE at the start of next month and would love to hear any info on what it's like myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

St. Pat wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with the single pension scheme. Do you not get 1.5 times your average salary as a lump sum?

Something like that, I can't remember how the lump sum element is calculated but I think it is something like 1.5 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lilywhite 1928

Badam147 wrote: »
    Starting in the DETE at the start of next month and would love to hear any info on what it's like myself.

I'm starting at a similar time myself best of luck. I wonder will it be more likely for us to be able to WFH since its that department pushing for the choice of remote working, if possible that is. I'm hoping for a job inputting data as boring as it sounds would suit me grand after many years in sales, but knowing my luck I'll get the customer complaints department haha. I'm taking a large paycut even larger than some of the last few posts but stress free is where I want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mcgonagall7

Would anyone have any information on Social Protection? Or what the office facilities/parking is like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lilywhite 1928

Is there any chance of getting a promotion to EO without a 3 level degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Is there any chance of getting a promotion to EO without a 3 level degree.

Definitely, I have been promoted to EO and HEO without a degree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Anyone know how long you wait to get interview results thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

tiny14 wrote: »

I got mine exactly a week after my interview, should be posted to your messages on publicjobs.ie

imagusaran wrote: »

I got mine exactly a week after my interview, should be posted to your messages on publicjobs.ie

Thanks very much for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

Hi all. I worked as a TCO in the Irish Embassy, London (for DFA) for 18 months from 2018 to 2019. I’m now working as a CO for DCEDIY.

Because I worked for over a year for DFA, does this qualify me now to be on the second tier of the CO pay scale (I’m on the first tier as I started DCEDIY in January)? I’m not too sure how it works, thought it would be worth asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Forthebuzz wrote: »
    Definitely, I have been promoted to EO and HEO without a degree

I know a HEO who doesn't understand Percentages...
    Ask them what 40% of 400 is, and they'll tell you to "go away with that maths stuff".. !

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Hi all. I worked as a TCO in the Irish Embassy, London (for DFA) for 18 months from 2018 to 2019. I’m now working as a CO for DCEDIY.

Because I worked for over a year for DFA, does this qualify me now to be on the second tier of the CO pay scale (I’m on the first tier as I started DCEDIY in January)? I’m not too sure how it works, thought it would be worth asking.

By right, you should be going to point 3 next month as you will have two years service. Your time with DFA plus the time worked since Jan. Get a record of service from DFA HR and send to your current HR. You have to chase up these things as they wont do the work for you. They will probably change your increment date to two year service date. So next summer you should go to point 5. You will skip point 4 under the new entrant pay measure. So good for you!

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I know a HEO who doesn't understand Percentages...
    Ask them what 40% of 400 is, and they'll tell you to "go away with that maths stuff".. !

I knew a Regional manager who couldnt send an email to more than one person at a time. When he tried to cc a number of people, he said outlook was 'broken'......he hadnt put a semicolon in to separate the names. He had worked there for 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

Vologda69 wrote: »
    By right, you should be going to point 3 next month as you will have two years service. Your time with DFA plus the time worked since Jan. Get a record of service from DFA HR and send to your current HR. You have to chase up these things as they wont do the work for you. They will probably change your increment date to two year service date. So next summer you should go to point 5. You will skip point 4 under the new entrant pay measure. So good for you!

Oh wow, that’s good to hear! I gave HR contact details for the embassy to confirm my employment there, and they said they’ll contact them and get back to me as soon as possible. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

tiny14 wrote: »

There doesn’t seem to be a set time. Most people are saying between 1-2 weeks. I done my interview first thing on a Friday morning and I got the results that evening at around 6:30. Hope you’re results are what you wished for.

There doesn’t seem to be a set time. Most people are saying between 1-2 weeks. I done my interview first thing on a Friday morning and I got the results that evening at around 6:30. Hope you’re results are what you wished for.

Thanks very much i done mine yesterday so im hoping to have passed but il have to wait for results & great you got them so quick thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Vologda69 wrote: »

If one had 7 months done as a CO recently enough would that person be able to count this towards a new appointment ? In other words after 5 months in a new CO role be entitled to move onto year 2 salary ?

If one had 7 months done as a CO recently enough would that person be able to count this towards a new appointment ? In other words after 5 months in a new CO role be entitled to move onto year 2 salary ?

Exactly, and the increment date in future would tally eith this combined service date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Hey all, I got in the 50s for my OOM for Dublin. Is there a realistic chance that I could be called for further interviews?

I was going to stay with my home county but Dublin is bigger, wondering did I possibly shoot myself in the foot by going with Dublin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Elliebeee

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Hey all, I got in the 50s for my OOM for Dublin. Is there a realistic chance that I could be called for further interviews?

I was going to stay with my home county but Dublin is bigger, wondering did I possibly shoot myself in the foot by going with Dublin now.

I was in the 80s and was called so you'll be grand I reckon 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaal1

Hey all,

Has anyone been assigned to the Department of Justice? Could anyone shed some light as to what to expect?
    Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Any word on Rosslare customs port anyone? When will they be taking more on at the ports (customs)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Elliechin123

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the know if this panel is going to be extended? I'm no 2 in batch 8 for my county and they have just started on batch 8 so I'm hoping it doesn't end before I get called 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the know if this panel is going to be extended? I'm no 2 in batch 8 for my county and they have just started on batch 8 so I'm hoping it doesn't end before I get called 😅

I was told by PAS that the panel has no set end date yet and that they usually run for 12-18 months. They also said this one has been active since June 2020.

However, others on here have been told different things by PAS regarding end dates so it’s hard to tell who is giving the correct information.

Fingers crossed they get to you though! I’ve been next in line for a position in my county for 7 weeks now so I’ll be devastated if the panel ends in May without a job opening up for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Elliechin123

Thank you. I hope it gets extended for the 18 months. I know, I feel your pain. I'll be so upset if it ends before they get to me too. Best of luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

Would anyone have any idea what batch they are on in Kilkenny??

I just got word that I passed my interview yesterday and placed batch 4 number 2.

Does that mean there Could possibly be 150 people ahead of me??

Advertisement