Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kazoo2001

Hi, Does anybody have an update on Mayo panel please?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Any overtime being offered in DSP at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jamieon

Have a medical tomorrow as part of my CO job offer, can anyone tell me what the medical entails? And after all my documents are sent what is the standard wait time before starting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Angelwings8

jamieon wrote: »
    Have a medical tomorrow as part of my CO job offer, can anyone tell me what the medical entails? And after all my documents are sent what is the standard wait time before starting ?

As far as I know your line manager will be in touch to discuss a start date with you, once all documents are cleared.. How long are you waiting since you first sent in your documents and are you dublin?

I'm wondering now because of the hse ransomware how long this will take to be rectified and maybe cause a little delay.

As far as I know your line manager will be in touch to discuss a start date with you, once all documents are cleared.. How long are you waiting since you first sent in your documents and are you dublin?

I'm wondering now because of the hse ransomware how long this will take to be rectified and maybe cause a little delay.

I havent send documents yet as I'm still waiting on one, will send them all tomorrow after the medical.

No not Dublin, Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Angelwings8

Submitted everything about 10 days ago. Haven’t been told what Department yet. They just said once the clearance was completed HR from the department I am assigned to will be in touch.[/quote]

Yeah I'm about the same time, they ask for a lot omg, and they sent my employer a long questionnaire as well as 3 references and the list goes on lol.. Hopefully nearly there, and hoping the hse get the IT system back in working order

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

jamieon wrote: »

Usually hearing test, eyes, heart rate, blood pressure. About 15-20 mins

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Usually hearing test, eyes, heart rate, blood pressure. About 15-20 mins

Thanks, Costs enough too 105€

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

Has anyone in Dublin been called from batch 23 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Angela64

I was told that batch 23 for Dublin was in progress on Monday 17/5/21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

Anyone know where they are on Tipp/Limerick panels?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ah91

Has anyone been contacted for Wexford? I'm in batch 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Elzbellz

Hi, I am 117 on OOM for Sligo. I have not been called for interview. I am afraid panel will close before a vacancy comes up. Does anyone know what number they have reached for Sligo and whether they will close the panel at the end of May 2021? Are there positions coming up for permanent COs in Sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Any overtime being offered in DSP at the moment?

Not that I heard of. No flexi time either. As good as fixed hours at present!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Elzbellz wrote: »
    Hi, I am 117 on OOM for Sligo. I have not been called for interview. I am afraid panel will close before a vacancy comes up. Does anyone know what number they have reached for Sligo and whether they will close the panel at the end of May 2021? Are there positions coming up for permanent COs in Sligo?

Hi, They will only interview if they have a position waiting to be filled so try not to worry. Best of luck with the interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Elliechin123

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to hear back after Garda clearance is complete? I also sent in all my forms over a week ago.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Ah91 wrote: »

Are you batch 16 for revenue customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ah91

acawarrior wrote: »
    Are you batch 16 for revenue customs?

I dont know, I haven't been told anything like that. I only know that it's for the civil service in wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to hear back after Garda clearance is complete? I also sent in all my forms over a week ago.

Thanks

Mine took a bit less than a week - I submitted on a Thursday and received an email the following Tuesday to say it had been completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Elliechin123

Tiafleur wrote: »
    Mine took a bit less than a week - I submitted on a Thursday and received an email the following Tuesday to say it had been completed.

Thank you I got the email Monday to say its completed. Just wondering when I will hear about a position?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Thank you I got the email Monday to say its completed. Just wondering when I will hear about a position?

Ah sorry! I misunderstood! My Garda vetting cleared Tuesday of last week and I was offered a position on Monday of this week

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Angela64

Does anyone know what stage Dublin is at please?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Ah91 wrote: »

About two weeks ago they told me they are on batch 15 and 9 people until I'm offered in batch 17 so I'd say you'll hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

I was told im next to be called in my county over two weeks ago and haven't heard anything since :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Elzbellz

Hi, does anyone have any information on when the 2020 permanent CO panel will close? I am wondering if it will close as originally stated for this month, May 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jussayeh

Lots of people are talking about batch numbers? I didn't get a batch number I just got a message on my public jobs inbox with the Stage 1 result from the questionnaire showing my OOM of mid 4000s.

Was my OOM too low to be get into a batch?

BTW I scored in the lowest third for the questionnaire in stage 1 of this competition but scored in the top third for the same questionnaire in stage 1 of the TCO 2019 and EO 2020 ...mad .. I can't get my head around the questionnaire its my weakest link in these competitions ... my scores for it always vary so wildly.

One more question please, I emailed PAS last week and they told me they've reached the mid 2000s for Dublin and that if my OOM is reached they'll be in touch. But in reality is there any chance of my OOM being reached ? Or is that just a ridiculous question lol

• Registered Users Posts: 32 condubh

jussayeh wrote: »
    Lots of people are talking about batch numbers? I didn't get a batch number I just got a message on my public jobs inbox with the Stage 1 result from the questionnaire showing my OOM of mid 4000s.

Was my OOM too low to be get into a batch?

BTW I scored in the lowest third for the questionnaire in stage 1 of this competition but scored in the top third for the same questionnaire in stage 1 of the TCO 2019 and EO 2020 ...mad .. I can't get my head around the questionnaire its my weakest link in these competitions ... my scores for it always vary so wildly.

One more question please, I emailed PAS last week and they told me they've reached the mid 2000s for Dublin and that if my OOM is reached they'll be in touch. But in reality is there any chance of my OOM being reached ? Or is that just a ridiculous question lol

“Batch number” only becomes a thing after you pass the interview. They interview in batches: how many batches get done and how many are interviewed in each varies completely depending on where you are in the country and how many people they need there.

So say somebody originally got an OOM in the mid 60s for Sligo or something after they did the stage 1 test and then eventually they get called for interview and they pass it: if it was the 9th time PAS decided to interview a bunch of people for vacancies in the county and if the person got 3rd in the panel after interview then that person would now become ‘Batch 9 OOM 3’ for Sligo. Once they’ve placed all the successful candidates from Batch 9 then after a while they might decide to interview some more people for further vacancies and that becomes batch 10. And so on.

What your score means for you in Dublin I couldn’t say, obviously it’s different from everywhere else due to the sheer volume involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭claregal1

Anyone know where they are on Tipp/Limerick panels?

Hi I've interview for Limerick next week . OOM 40 .

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jessie2487

Mayo is still on OOM 37 for anyone interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Just a query does it look likely that staff will be asked to return to the office( going by the vaccine rollout )by September?

Advertisement