Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Would anyone have any idea what batch they are on in Kilkenny??

I just got word that I passed my interview yesterday and placed batch 4 number 2.

Does that mean there Could possibly be 150 people ahead of me??

I’m not sure about Kilkenny but I was OOM 54 in Meath and after interview, I was OOM 2 in batch 10. They seemed to be calling batches of 6 people.

If I were you, I’d send them a quick email just to ask how many are ahead of you. I can’t imagine it’d be more than a few as they were only calling people for interview as jobs arose but I may be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Thank you. I hope it gets extended for the 18 months. I know, I feel your pain. I'll be so upset if it ends before they get to me too. Best of luck!!

Given they haven't even advertised a new campaign yet, there has to be months in this one. With the steady demand for COs, I doubt they will close it before the next campaign reaches interviews, unless a public hiring freeze is brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

Tiafleur wrote: »
    I’m not sure about Kilkenny but I was OOM 54 in Meath and after interview, I was OOM 2 in batch 10. They seemed to be calling batches of 6 people.

If I were you, I’d send them a quick email just to ask how many are ahead of you. I can’t imagine it’d be more than a few as they were only calling people for interview as jobs arose but I may be wrong!

Thank you I will drop them an email !

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Tio07

Hi does anyone know what batch and oom they have reached for the Wexford panel to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Anyone any idea what batch they are on for tipperary thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Tio07 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know what batch and oom they have reached for the Wexford panel to date?

I'd love to know aswell just received word I'm batch 17 today so hopefully they fly through the batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Wondering if anyone working from home has been advised about possible date to go back into the office. Prefer to work remotely as no commute ��☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

abbeybella wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone working from home has been advised about possible date to go back into the office. Prefer to work remotely as no commute ��☺️

Reckon we'll be back as soon as vaccinated but then we've been in during the whole thing day in, day WFH.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LooeyWalsh

For anyone interested got an email saying they are around 50 OOM in batch 22 Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

I asked recently as was told not anytime soon... Hinting at 2022.

With all open plan offices in many sectors, until majority are vaccinated. Can't see a return this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Are Intreo staff working from home?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Victories

Some Intreo staff are working from home but not all. Intreo offices are open to the publiblic on reduced houres 10 - 1 three days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Tiafleur wrote: »
    I was told by PAS that the panel has no set end date yet and that they usually run for 12-18 months. They also said this one has been active since June 2020.

However, others on here have been told different things by PAS regarding end dates so it’s hard to tell who is giving the correct information.

Fingers crossed they get to you though! I’ve been next in line for a position in my county for 7 weeks now so I’ll be devastated if the panel ends in May without a job opening up for me :(

If you know anyone who works in a local civil service department, check with them if they have a number or email address for their local HR. Make contact and just put in a general enquiry that you have passed interview and are next to be placed off the panel and are just wondering if they might have spaces opening up soon.

You have nothing to lose by doing this. This is your livelihood after all. And if they do have an upcoming vacancy, they might recognise your gumption and put in an earlier request for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 whiskers77

tiny14 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long you wait to get interview results thanks[/quote

Had interview at 11.30 am had results at 4.40 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclette

I think it depends on where you are based and what department. Our section has two teams, one working from home, one working in the office. And there was always the understanding that if there was a problem with the "in office" team, those of us working from home would be able to go in.

I don't expect to be back in the office until late this year at the earliest.

But I also think that working from home will become part of day to day reality going forward. Those that want to will be able to work from home 2-3 days a week and spend the other days in the office, hot desking. They won't be able to go back to the days of high density offices.

Bicyclette wrote: »
    I think it depends on where you are based and what department. Our section has two teams, one working from home, one working in the office. And there was always the understanding that if there was a problem with the "in office" team, those of us working from home would be able to go in.

I don't expect to be back in the office until late this year at the earliest.

But I also think that working from home will become part of day to day reality going forward. Those that want to will be able to work from home 2-3 days a week and spend the other days in the office, hot desking. They won't be able to go back to the days of high density offices.

That's what I was wondering, if there will be a flexible option available to work a couple of days from home and the rest in the office. It would be a better work-life balance for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclette

That's what I was wondering, if there will be a flexible option available to work a couple of days from home and the rest in the office. It would be a better work-life balance for most people.

Are you a member of Forsa? They certainly seem to be advocating for more flexibility in the workplace going forward.

A lot of employment terms and conditions have been changed over the last 14 months (loss of flexi-time and overtime and certainly in our area rigidity about annual leave carry forward and shorter working year). People have accepted these changes in the best interests of their organisations and the country as a whole.

I think there will be discussions going forward about the old work models. Particularly when it has been shown how efficient working from home has been to both organise and carry out.

Bicyclette wrote: »
    Are you a member of Forsa? They certainly seem to be advocating for more flexibility in the workplace going forward.

A lot of employment terms and conditions have been changed over the last 14 months (loss of flexi-time and overtime and certainly in our area rigidity about annual leave carry forward and shorter working year). People have accepted these changes in the best interests of their organisations and the country as a whole.

I think there will be discussions going forward about the old work models. Particularly when it has been shown how efficient working from home has been to both organise and carry out.

I'm not a member no but thanks for the information. Yes that might be a positive outcome after everything that more flexible options around remote working might become the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

whiskers77 wrote: »
    tiny14 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long you wait to get interview results thanks[/quote

Had interview at 11.30 am had results at 4.40 pm

I had mine monday morning & had results tuesday evening so im delighted i passed so waiting game now & thanks for reply & good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

Received an email today saying I'm next to be placed, does anyone know exactly what departments are in KK as when I Google there seems to be alot of HSE coming up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Received an email today saying I'm next to be placed, does anyone know exactly what departments are in KK as when I Google there seems to be alot of HSE coming up

AGS would be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 condubh

Are HSE taking clerical officers from this campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Patents office, revenue, DEASP, OPW, courts, guards. Plenty of offices in Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 17 allysangel

condubh wrote: »
    Are HSE taking clerical officers from this campaign?

No, not as such. In some places , Galway for example, some on the panel have been emailed and asked if they would be interested in HSE and could be interviewed for a HSE CO post . The HSE Themselves have just started their own CO competition too.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

allysangel wrote: »
    No, not as such. In some places , Galway for example, some on the panel have been emailed and asked if they would be interested in HSE and could be interviewed for a HSE CO post . The HSE Themselves have just started their own CO competition too.

Hi Allysangel - i cant find the HSE CO new campaign, could you pm me a link? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Hi Allysangel - i cant find the HSE CO new campaign, could you pm me a link? Thanks!

The application is closed now

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ahem123

Hi Folks, had the interview this morning and think it went well.

Any idea how long it'll take for them to get back to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Angela64

I did mine on Tuesday for Dublin, but I haven't heard anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Anyone know what kind of placements are around Wexford. Last I heard they were on batch 15 that was at the start of the week.

• Advertisement

Ahem123 wrote: »
    Hi Folks, had the interview this morning and think it went well.

Any idea how long it'll take for them to get back to me?

I heard back within 5 days however they seem to be quicker now so you might hear by Monday, Good Luck👍

Advertisement