Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

bubblypop wrote: »
    And then, he will be entitled to be prince

But you know that

He won't be now if he is living in the US.
    Interesting snippit I came across recently is that the Duke of Edinburgh was made a Prince to avoid having to testify in a divorce case of a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

jm08 wrote: »
    Archie will be the grandson of a King, unlike Andrew and Ann's grandchildren.

Yes I know that. I don’t see what point you’re trying to make. Anyway a mod has kindly asked us to move on and so that’s my last post on the matter because between myself and several others it’s been explained and for whatever reason you seem intent on not getting the point.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    But Harry trimmed himself.

The decision about not getting a title was made when Meghan was pregnant and both were Senior Royals.

No one has answered yet why it was claimed that it was M&H's decision not to give Archie a title yet. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The decision about not getting a title was made when Meghan was pregnant and both were Senior Royals.

No one has answered yet why it was claimed that it was M&H's decision not to give Archie a title yet. Anyone?

Because H & M said it themselves in a statement after he was born.

Well, I've explained to you that Charles had no intention of trimming Harry out before he married Meghan. Bearing in mind the age of the royals, William and Kate's kids will be early school leavers to work in the Firm.

Harry wasn’t going to be trimmed out of the firm. Sons of reigning monarchs tend to be in positions of prominence. Harry put himself on the sidelines by choice and that’s fine but he can’t go blaming others for a choice he made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭steinbock123

You’d never know, Charles might kick the bucket before Lizzie does at the rate she’s going.

No it wasn’t. That was made in 1917 with a slight change in 2011 or there abouts. Archie would have gotten a title off Harry but they decided not to give him one. Anyway I’m going to in trouble by ignoring a mods instructions and that’s not my intention.

You’d never know, Charles might kick the bucket before Lizzie does at the rate she’s going.

Stranger things have happened. Not that I’m wishing him any ill will.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I thought he looked unwell yesterday. Which could be put down to being tired and emotional and grieving, understandable if so.

I thought he looked unwell yesterday. Which could be put down to being tired and emotional and grieving, understandable if so.

He had Covid too, so might have some long-term issues from that, but he looked healthy when he spoke to the press outside his home.

The queen is nearly 95 and looks frail, I think Charles will survive her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The decision about William's children getting titles despite not being grandchildren of the monarch was made long before Archie existed or Meghan was on the scene. The decision to give Archie a title when his grandfather becomes king is yet to be made, and given Charles has indicated that he wants to trim down the Monarchy the fact that Harry has trimmed himself and his family may well factor into the future king's decision

Why do you think that it was reported that H&M refused a title for their son?

He looked shook up over the whole thing which you can understand in fairness. Btw have sky news Australia always been the Fox News of Australia ? They aren’t in the Meghan markle fan club at all and make the British press look civil and robust.

Because H & M said it themselves in a statement after he was born.

But that referred to not using the title of Earl of Dumbarton.

He wasn't offered the discretionary titles that Charlotte & Louis got and they have been told he won't either.

Under letters patent issued by King George V in 1917, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor is entitled to become a prince upon the accession of his grandfather Charles, Prince of Wales. In the interview Oprah with Meghan and Harry, the Duchess of Sussex said that she had been told that changes would be made to remove that entitlement as part of Charles's reported plans for a slimmed-down monarchy.[20] She suggested that this was because her son was mixed-race.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie_Mountbatten-Windsor#cite_note-BBC_Title-20

Sardonicat wrote: »
    The decision about William's children getting titles despite not being grandchildren of the monarch was made long before Archie existed or Meghan was on the scene. The decision to give Archie a title when his grandfather becomes king is yet to be made, and given Charles has indicated that he wants to trim down the Monarchy the fact that Harry has trimmed himself and his family may well factor into the future king's decision

Why do you think that it was reported that H&M refused a title for their son?

And? It was made as soon in 2012 just after Kate & William married and before they had Prince George.

The decision to not give Harry's children the title occurred after he married Meghan Markle. Wonder why?

He wasn't offered the discretionary titles that Charlotte & Louis got and they have been told he won't either.

Okay one last bloody time with spirit. Charlotte and Louis got them because their great grandmother changed the rule to include the children of the eldest child of the heir(Or Charles in this case) which as it stands is William. If it’s in a letters patent which is the rules of this then it’s not a discretionary title if they fall under the rules. Been told he wouldn’t get it by whom ?

The decision to not give Harry's children the title occurred after he married Meghan Markle. Wonder why?

No.
    It wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Ffs, the queen didn't give Williams kids "discretionary" titles. She changed to rule way back in 2012 to ensure that male and female children were treated equally. They are all entitled to be prince/princesses under this rule. It has nothing to do with Harry and Megan, who wasn't even on the scene at that stage.

You're trying to present it as the queen breaking the rules to give Williams kids titles but ignoring Archie. As has been explained what seems like a million times at this stage, that isn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

Can we just move on from the whole who has what title or who gets what title and when, it's been going on for two pages now and is derailing the thread. Cheers
    Well, I've explained to you that Charles had no intention of trimming Harry out before he married Meghan. Bearing in mind the age of the royals, William and Kate's kids will be early school leavers to work in the Firm.

And? It was made as soon in 2012 just after Kate & William married and before they had Prince George.

Mod

Seeing as you cannot follow a simple request, do not post in this thread again.

Any word on when Harry is returning to America?

• Advertisement

Any word on when Harry is returning to America?

Nope. Sure he could be back there now for all we know. It seems kate is getting some credit for how she seemed to break the ice by talking to Harry after the funeral.

Side note, but Kate looked absolutely amazing yesterday. Epitome of grief glam!

Did you know that Meagain sent a handwritten note to be included on their wreath? Seems herself and Phil had a special bond.

Did you know that Meagain sent a handwritten note to be included on their wreath? Seems herself and Phil had a special bond.

Yeah I saw that. Her mouthpiece Omid Scobie made sure everyone knew. We can’t have people forgetting about Meghan you know, even on the day Philip is being laid to rest.
    As for special bond.. I’d take that with a pinch of salt

Yep, very poised and a beautifully understated elegance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Ckendrick

Interesting observation from my 86 year old mother while watching the funeral yesterday.
    When they left the church to return to the castle, Charles waved his car away preferring to walk and the rest felt obliged I suppose to follow suit.
    Mam felt critical of both husbands of the two brand new mothers Zara and Eugenia who she thought should have insisted that both needed the cars to get back up the hill.
    Indeed I noticed both were dragged back up by the hand!
    Bit of chivalry wouldn’t have gone astray.

Ckendrick wrote: »
    Interesting observation from my 86 year old mother while watching the funeral yesterday.
    When they left the church to return to the castle, Charles waved his car away preferring to walk and the rest felt obliged I suppose to follow suit.
    Mam felt critical of both husbands of the two brand new mothers Zara and Eugenia who she thought should have insisted that both needed the cars to get back up the hill.
    Indeed I noticed both were dragged back up by the hand!
    Bit of chivalry wouldn’t have gone astray.
    The high heels won't have helped, they even looked uncomfortable coming down the few steps in the Chapel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Look I got sucked in from time to time with the royals
    Watched the crown etc.
    But that only convinced me that they are just as dysfunctional as a lot of families only they have money plus a role.
    I admire the Queen. I admired Philip.
    To be fair to Charlie's he largely does what's asked.
    But Harry is a whinge bag. The wife too.
    They decided to opt out.
    Good for them but then sign a deal with Netflix?.
    After complaining about media intrusion.. They go on Oprah?
    She sounds like a gold digger.
    Eventually Harry will divorce her
    She saw him as a meal ticket to the big time.
    Once she gets her claws into him and is a brand of her own.. She will dump him.
    He ain't the first male to he lead astray by a pretty face.

Bobtheman wrote: »
    Look I got sucked in from time to time with the royals
    Watched the crown etc.
    But that only convinced me that they are just as dysfunctional as a lot of families only they have money plus a role.
    I admire the Queen. I admired Philip.
    To be fair to Charlie's he largely does what's asked.
    But Harry is a whinge bag. The wife too.
    They decided to opt out.
    Good for them but then sign a deal with Netflix?.
    After complaining about media intrusion.. They go on Oprah?
    She sounds like a gold digger.
    Eventually Harry will divorce her
    She saw him as a meal ticket to the big time.
    Once she gets her claws into him and is a brand of her own.. She will dump him.

I fear you speak the truth. Poor Harry. I feared the worst when I saw her walking alone down the aisle. Loads of celeb friends but no one to walk her down the aisle. Sad.

• Advertisement

Meghan would have rocked the grief chic look too if only she had managed to keep her toys in the pram.

She missed a trick there.

Advertisement