Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Cheap.Chinese.Screws.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

electronic devices that still come with micro usb charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

electronic devices that still come with micro usb charging.

Bought a new kindle forgetting micro usb still exists

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm so unfit.

I went for a run yesterday, with the goal of running for 35-40 minutes at a slow pace and keeping the heart rate relatively low. I was expecting to be poor and be at about a ten-minute-mile pace, but I was a good bit worse than that! :eek:

I blame lockdown of course. We've been doing zoom gym sessions but it's not the same - you just don't try as hard at home on your own. And soccer's been off for months. I'm old like - it's tough to get fitness back when you lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

Listening to the radio and hearing the dj talking about David Jason and how funny he was! Thought for a minute he had passed away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

I had a fellow walk up to me in Aldi today, about mid 40s, and he had a list in his hand. He says to me "Excuse me whats pasta?". I scanned for signs of mental illness or drugs but found none. He genuinely never heard of pasta. So i showed him the section with all the pasta types and he then says "and what about pasta sauce where would i get that?". I showed him and he thanked me, adding "See what happens when she sends me out shopping!".
    And there you have it. There are some very very strange people in this world.

:D Obviously went from his mammy looking after him straight into the wife doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'll preface this by saying I love dogs. I have a dog. I love her more than I could possibly express. But God fcuking PRESERVE me from barking dogs.

Next door's ridiculous scut of a thing barks ALL THE TIME. He wakes me up most mornings, including weekends. He's out there barking right now. Except he doesn't even really bark, he scream-squeals. I actively hate him. They've let him out to bark at 5.30 in the morning on several occasions. I actually fantasised about poisoning him on one of those. My mother refuses point blank to let me say anything to the neighbours about it because the lady of the house is old and unwell. Fine, but let me say it to one of her two adult children, FFS.

The most annoying thing is it's not like the dog is neglected or bored and reacting to that - I could have some sympathy if that was the case. But he's walked 2-3 times a day and clearly idolised by the three of them. He's just an obnoxious little fcuker who loves the sound of his own voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Actually, this is more than trivially annoying.
    My hairdressers has opened a waiting list portal for when they reopen.
    I went on and was putting in my details and what I need done.
    Then at the very last step, they want a €50 deposit!!
    Ah hello? you don't know when hairdressers can actually open again so you can't even give me an actual appointment date so eff off with your €50 deposit.
    You could have my money for weeks/months yet.
    I was expecting to put my name on a waiting list and then to get a phone call when a reopening date is announced, in order or who filled in the waiting list first.
    At that point, when they can confirm a date suitable to both me and the stylist, I'd have no problem giving the deposit.
    I am NOT giving you €50 now to be essentially added to a waiting list.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This conversation (edited of course)

Mrs(?). Bee, of course, I'll do my best to help your client after their dyslexia diagnoses. What kind of help do they need?
    I list out the supports the report says they need, he sits and nods and says, well we can't give them that or that or that.

BUT we can offer an assistant to help match the learning materials with what they will need to cover for exams, tho this is only when the assistant is available and there is no guarantee they will be available when your client has exams.

TA it's assumed I'm married and what has considered a huge concession to a learning disability is only available randomly in an educational institution!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

There's a CD I was looking for with two different pressings.
    One in a jewel case (good)
    One in a cardboard sleeve (bad)

Both pressings are separately listed on Discogs.

Found someone selling the jewel case version for a reasonable price. I normally send a message to the sellers asking them to clarify that what they're selling matches the listing. However, I was tired and just went ahead and bought it. In the vast majority of cases when I send a "just want to double check" message, it is the right version and I feel like I am being too cautious by asking in advance.

Anyway, arrives today. Cardboard sleeve. FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

In a rush to get docs printed and ink delivery hasn't arrived.
    I had to print off four separate docs to capture all the info I need to study over the weekend.
    Printed off the same doc six times!

The closest alternative copy shop is 40 mins walk away and always packed!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Archeron

disposable face masks that somehow manage to creep up your face when your arms are full until it's nearly over your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

T/A

A song i love was playing on spotify and the missus starts singing along.....really badly.

The worse thing is that she thinks shes a good singer.

Second T/A

People who think they're good singers and everyone wants to hear them but they're absolutely crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,610 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

T/A

A song i love was playing on spotify and the missus starts singing along.....really badly.

The worse thing is that she thinks shes a good singer.

Second T/A

People who think they're good singers and everyone wants to hear them but they're absolutely crap.

My missus gives out to me in the car because my playlists goes from the likes of ABBA to Slayer to NWA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

PsychoPete wrote: »
    My missus gives out to me in the car because my playlists goes from the likes of ABBA to Slayer to NWA

Straight Outta Waterloo Awaits

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My sons school just drops things on you.
    Like today,he needs wireless earphones for Monday.They are doing exams.
    They only text me earlier on today.
    They want also 170 euro off me in a week for something else.
    Its a ****ing pandemic,people have lost jobs. Do they not have any ****ing cop on.

Im emailing and ringing Monday.I have had enough of this ****e.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dubstarr, I can't help you with the €170 (seriously, WTF?), but Dealz sell wireless headphones (well, earbuds).
    That school needs to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,802 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I'll preface this by saying I love dogs. I have a dog. I love her more than I could possibly express. But God fcuking PRESERVE me from barking dogs.

Next door's ridiculous scut of a thing barks ALL THE TIME. He wakes me up most mornings, including weekends. He's out there barking right now. Except he doesn't even really bark, he scream-squeals. I actively hate him. They've let him out to bark at 5.30 in the morning on several occasions. I actually fantasised about poisoning him on one of those. My mother refuses point blank to let me say anything to the neighbours about it because the lady of the house is old and unwell. Fine, but let me say it to one of her two adult children, FFS.

The most annoying thing is it's not like the dog is neglected or bored and reacting to that - I could have some sympathy if that was the case. But he's walked 2-3 times a day and clearly idolised by the three of them. He's just an obnoxious little fcuker who loves the sound of his own voice.

Hate hate hate small yappy dogs!

There were a pair next door that would come in to ours and sh1t everywhere and if you tried to get them to fvck off they would bark at you as if they owned the place.

Hate hate hate small yappy dogs!

7.15 this morning.

It's a Jack Russell, needless to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

It's a Jack Russell, needless to say.

Don't think that's breed specific to be fair. I've a JRT who doesn't go on like that. Although small, JRTs in my experience don't have the same small yappy mentality that toy dogs (i.e rats with fur) have :D

• Advertisement

Noise is my TA today. It's everywhere. The baby's electronic toy playing some shíte music sung by someone with a fake American accent, going on about purple monkeys, OH comes in looking for a drink, has to rummage noisily in the chest freezer to find the bag of ice, starts banging it against the counter to separate the cubes. Cat screaming for food which she won't eat anyway - she actually enjoys turning away from it in contempt, knowing that I'm watching her. Feel like telling her if she wants to starve it's her prerogative*. Feels like feline head f*ckery at this stage.

*She is under veterinary care and we wouldn't allow this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Spellchecker on both my phone and my Mac forgot the word "there". They would both redline it every time I typed it, an offer the suggestions of "they're" or "their", no matter the context. It got to the point that I was doubting my sanity and actually did a Google search for "there" to make sure it was actually a word. Unless Google are gaslighting me, it is. So I had to add it as a custom word to the spellchecker.

First weekend of the 5km limit being lifted and there's a an absolutely massive queue of cars waiting to get into the Hellfire Club. I live about 5 minutes from there normally, so glad I'm not at home for the time being.

First weekend of the 5km limit being lifted and there's a an absolutely massive queue of cars waiting to get into the Hellfire Club. I live about 5 minutes from there normally, so glad I'm not at home for the time being.

Same. Even during lockdown it was like that (though not quite as bad). We avoid it like the plague at weekends! :(

PsychoPete wrote: »

Legend ....she’ll just have wind her neck in :)

When you're a passenger in a car and the driver keeps asking, "am I ok your side" when turning out somewhere. Which of us is driving the car? Did you ask your tester that when you were doing your test?

Traffic on the roads today. I'd happily commute longer to work if it meant I could live in the middle of nowhere at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Antares35 wrote: »
    When you're a passenger in a car and the driver keeps asking, "am I ok your side" when turning out somewhere. Which of us is driving the car? Did you ask your tester that when you were doing your test?

Traffic on the roads today. I'd happily commute longer to work if it meant I could live in the middle of nowhere at weekends.

Yeah bad habit alright.
    One word misheard could spell disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

blade1 wrote: »
    One word misheard could spell disaster.

You're OK..........after this bus....:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

You're OK..........after this bus....:D

:D

My nanny used to say, "yeah you're ok go on....quick!!" :)

• Advertisement

Antares35 wrote: »

I have to say it to the odd passenger with an out of proportion head

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement