Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm sorry, but I laughed!

Porklife has TA'd me because I realise I forgot to buy hoover bags. Still, not as if anyone can call. :(

Dust bunnies: Pets you need when a crazy cat lady's cats just aren't enough. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1. I've had a dry, sore eye all afternoon, it always happens when I'm sleep deprived. Usually a few drops of artificial tears help a lot. Except that today it's not helping at all, and now the eye is all red and streaming, just like with allergies. FFS.

2. My poor tulips got hammered by the snow, last night and this morning. Hopefully they'll perk up again and no permanent damage has been done - the scented ones were just about beginning to change colour... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Porklife wrote: »
    Oh I hear ya loud and bloody clear. One minute I'm gushing over baby clothes and the next I'm bawling crying cos the hoover bag is full 🙄

I cried because OH wouldn't buy us a house...with cash :D like, we've AIP and probably about 4-5 months out from having our own place given restrictions, deposit etc. But my mind just decided, no we need to go out and buy one today.

New Home wrote: »
    1. I've had a dry, sore eye all afternoon, it always happens when I'm sleep deprived. Usually a few drops of artificial tears help a lot. Except that today it's not helping at all, and now the eye is all red and streaming, just like with allergies. FFS.

2. My poor tulips got hammered by the snow, last night and this morning. Hopefully they'll perk up again and no permanent damage has been done - the scented ones were just about beginning to change colour... :(

It sounds counter intuitive but sometimes if you hold your eyelid open so you can't blink for say a minute, your eye will produce natural tears. Also a warm compress could help to relax the tear ducts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

People who can't use the quote function properly. It's not that fcking difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People who can't use the quote function properly. It's not that fcking difficult.

you just press the button and it all happens magically for you. you have to go out of your way to mess it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

you just press the button and it all happens magically for you. you have to go out of your way to mess it up.

It's usually the same suspects too. Once I can understand but continuously?

Antares35 wrote: »
    It sounds counter intuitive but sometimes if you hold your eyelid open so you can't blink for say a minute, your eye will produce natural tears. Also a warm compress could help to relax the tear ducts.

Thank you Antares, I'm going to try both.

Feck. And now I've gone and poked myself in that eye... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭sporina

OH is great when it comes to washing the dishes but man he never cleans the sink afterwards.. you know, the water drops that hang around?!.. drives me mad.. I always have to clean the sink after him.. (but I don't give out about it.. tis my prob really - bit of OCD perhaps ekk)

• Advertisement

Micah Richard's stupid pretend over the top laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

People posting their life updates on my course whatapp group - get over to facebook for that nonsense.
    Another was gimp is panicking over assignment submission dates, which he got wrong and proceeded to get the rest of them in a flap.
    In the course of hour there was nearly a hundred messages on it.
    If I didn't set up the bloody thing I would be gone off it ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,108 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How thread titles on sites like Boards can be about a subject, yet if you go to the latest post, its something totally irrelevant to the subject.

I was reading the thread about Eamonn Ryan saying foreign holidays are a thing of the past over the last couple of days, dipping in and out of it.

Just went into it there, to see what all the latest thoughts are, and its about height of Irish mountains and what trees grow at what height.

Annoyed that I stayed up to watch a film called Z for Zachariah on BBC last night. I read the premise and seen there was good actors in it and was like yeah sounds good. My God, most poorly directed, boring, nothing happens load of rubbish I've ever watched in my life. Ugh I'm never getting that time or sleep back.

Also, the amount of coverage the British tv channels allocated to tributes to prince Phillip. Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 33,108 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Also, the amount of coverage the British tv channels allocated to tributes to prince Phillip. Jaysus

Even the Brits are complaining about it, the BBC were inundated with complaints about the channels all showing the same thing back, back-to-back coverage, channels taken off air etc.

NIMAN wrote:
    Even the Brits are complaining about it, the BBC were inundated with complaints about the channels all showing the same thing back, back-to-back coverage, channels taken off air etc.

Seen that alright. I suppose they have to milk and cling on to their britishness even moreso now after the car crash that is Brexit. They're going to claw their way out of this mess with good old British pride don't you know!

yes I was soo looking forward to the Masterchef Final.. grr

sporina wrote:
    yes I was soo looking forward to the Masterchef Final.. grr

Me too. Must check is it on tonight instead actually!

Me too. Must check is it on tonight instead actually!

i read that it might be on Monday April 12th - but thats TBC

• Advertisement

The whole cancel culture nowadays. It's so unforgiving or doesn't allow for people who made mistakes or misjudgements in the past to have any redemption. As if anyone has led a flawless life. It's like, you said this or did that. Nope cancelled. No looking at the overall picture with someone but judging them solely on a mistake they may have made. And the ones judging, are they perfect?

My own brain is annoying me today. I'd love to just screw off my head and throw it in the wardrobe for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Foreign staff in Supermacs thinking no-salt on fries means lots of salt on the fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Speedsie wrote: »
    Well, tis the hot water bottle route for thee and me, alas!

My mam had put one in my bed when I went up last night. I'm 39.

In today's core temperature update, I'm pleased to report that I'm positively toasty. Because I'm in the hot tub. Unfortunately the three-second pause between getting out and into my towel and robe will likely give me hypothermia again. Maybe I should become a Dryrobe wanker.

I'm almost crippled with shin splint pains. Barely got home with the dog and was in tears they were so bad. My mother of course, "oh I get them too" - really? Oh well that must make it normal then. Please continue to ignore the fact that you're twice my age. And then, "you know it's probably just all because of the cold weather" - well since we're going down the old wives route, maybe I should just rub a cat on my head and I might feel better...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Antares35 wrote: »
    I'm almost crippled with shin splint pains. Barely got home with the dog and was in tears they were so bad. My mother of course, "oh I get them too" - really? Oh well that must make it normal then. Please continue to ignore the fact that you're twice my age. And then, "you know it's probably just all because of the cold weather" - well since we're going down the old wives route, maybe I should just rub a cat on my head and I might feel better...

Hmmm....... I’d wear goggles on that one, so I would.

Just sayin’ :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at two types of people.

People who see anything I own and ask me how much it would sell for. I do not understand this mentality.

And people who won't touch their wallet but will tell other people what to buy/not to buy.

Brother-in-law recently came over with his wife and child, and he took a look at my movie collection and said "that's some load of films"
    I already knew what was coming next.......
    "Would ya not sell them?"

No!!!!!
    Mind your own fcking business.

A friend will see a video game console I own and ask "dya use it much?" before following up with... "How much dya think you'd get for it?"

Would you ever feckin' stop like??

And then you have the cheek to turn around to me after I buy anything and say "ah that's a waste of money"????

I have never once commented on anything people buy or collect unless it's genuine interest. I'll never tell someone that the thing they bought that I've no interest in is a waste of money. I'm just not that type of person. I don't have it in me to go into someone's house, look at an ornament and go "why did you buy this?" It's not mine, it's not my house and it bears no difference in my life whatsoever, so why the hell do people find it so easy to be able to advise someone what to do with things they own?

It just... baffles me so much. It's a mindset I cannot, and will never, comprehend under any circumstance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I found butter smeared on the rear door of my car this morning. A big dollop, enough for a couple of breakfast rolls. Last time I had the car out was Friday so maybe it happened in the Lidl car park. Or else it was one of next door's kids, although unlikely, they're a bit young for acting the prick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mary Mcaleese fawning all over the British royals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Personal trainers on Instagram who post pictures of their recent hike/cycle/swim etc, in areas that are clearly well outside of the current 5k limit rule. Im not sure do they just not care or is it pure ignorance and a lack of self awareness but seeing these people post a selfie near a coastal cliff walk or cycle area with a message like (example) "just did 10km hike. Howth is so beautiful, exercise is natures remedy" really annoys me as many of them are going up and down the country to reach these areas, with no regards for the rules at all.

Personally, i wouldnt pick a trainer who blatantly breaks rules like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement