Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

sporina wrote: »
    i'm sure this has been mentioned before - but ta' when people bag their dog's poo but then leave the bag of poo on the ground.. boggles my mind.. :confused:

Or hang it on a tree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Antares35 wrote: »
    Or hang it on a tree :D

Or leave it beside a bin. Saw this near Kimmage recently.

My parents going visiting relatives tomorrow just because they've had the vaccine. A real "I'm alright Jack" attitude. I've tried to explain several times about the recent disclosure about stillbirths linked to placentitis, and they just don't care. They're vaccinated and my unborn child can become a statistic for all they care. TA people acting the maggot just cause they're vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I hate how phone/application companies passively force their consumers to upgrade to the latest tech.

I've had the same phone for about 2 and a half years now and it has been perfect. It's the best phone I've ever had and I've had little-to-no issues with it. I use the AIB app on it religiously for sending money to people - it's just so convenient to use.

Well, AIB forced me to update their app to the latest version, and now it's telling me the app is no longer compatible on my phone. It's telling me that I need to get Android version 8 or above.

So I can't use the last compatible version of the app. I'll have to buy a new phone if I want to use the app again. This is why I hate buying phones. They're far too expensive in my books. I do not use my phone for anything fancy - I use it for social media, checking my emails, using my banking app keeping in contact with my family and occasionally recording videos/taking photos. That's all I need. But that's not enough for some reason.

It feels like I'm content with my phone but the phone companies are not happy with that. They want to see me use the latest shíte.

Absolute bullshít, I'm so annoyed at this. I thought I'd be able to use this phone for a good while. I've got no issues with it apart from this, and it looks like it'll start happening with the rest of the apps I use. Fúck smartphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

So I can't use the last compatible version of the app. I'll have to buy a new phone if I want to use the app again. This is why I hate buying phones. They're far too expensive in my books.
    Keep an eye here for some cheap deals on phones.
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/electronics

The phrase "court of law" just irritates me.

People use it "oh if you were in a court of law", just say "court". I hear the word court, and I know there are two more completely unnecessary and pretentious words coming.
    The context is more than enough that people know you're not talking about tennis.

• Advertisement

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    The context is more than enough that people know you're not talking about tennis.

:D

People who say "I, for one". Why not just "I". We know you are one person, we haven't assumed you have a split personality, are speaking on behalf of a group, or are hiding a person under your coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Flickr just won't let me log in on my Windows laptop. Tried every browser, clearing cache and cookies. Restarting. Double, triple, quadruple checked my email address and password.

I can log in fine on my MacBook and phone. Chrome on the windows machine is using the saved password feature that works fine on the other two devices, but sill Flickr says the password is wrong on the Win laptop, but accepts it fine everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Flickr just won't let me log in on my Windows laptop. Tried every browser, clearing cache and cookies. Restarting. Double, triple, quadruple checked my email address and password.

I can log in fine on my MacBook and phone. Chrome on the windows machine is using the saved password feature that works fine on the other two devices, but sill Flickr says the password is wrong on the Win laptop, but accepts it fine everywhere else.

I'm the same with Ticketmaster. Painful. Especially when Electric Picnic tickets are released

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    When you ask a simple question and get sent a spreadsheet in response

My own TA is the almost exact opposite to this.......asking detailed questions and getting simple answers, or better yet.........getting a partial reply.
    "Dear Mr Crap-at-your-job,

I note from your website that blah blah blah.....I'm emailing to request the following information:

1) can it be thrown from a moving helicopter without damaging the mechanism?
    2) can it fit in a microwave oven?
    2)(a) how about a built-in microwave?
    3) Is it available in black?

If you answer yes to these questions I'd like to purchase 40,00 units please.

yours etc,

$hifty"

Reply:
    Dear $hifty,

No, it isn't available in black.
    Sincerely,

Jonathan Crap-at-his-job

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Trying to figure out if an airfryer is worth gettting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Me too , chips are awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Some woman on a group i moderate looking for an argument. She asked a question without tagging us so I didn't see it until tonight. Then I answered and she started on about a post being taken down. I checked and the post was still there.
    I pointed all this out to her and told her to relax but she kept on bitching. Some fcking people
    Also it took me 5 tries on my phone to type bitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

We got one a month ago. Definitely worth it. Chips are lovely.
    Also handy for baking bread rolls - previously I was pre-heating the oven (which took 30 minutes, air-fryer takes just 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

When I push the lever on my toaster far enough that the mechanism doesn't pop the bread back up, so I think the toasting has started, but in reality I haven't pushed the lever far enough and I return a couple of minutes later to find the bread, still sitting there, untoasted.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Yes
    We got one a month ago. Definitely worth it. Chips are lovely.
    Also handy for baking bread rolls - previously I was pre-heating the oven (which took 30 minutes, air-fryer takes just 5)

How I'm lost really is.

We don't have a dishwasher and I'm wonder about cleaning it.

Also is it worth getting and expensive one or a cheaper one. I've read so many mixed reviews about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

How I'm lost really is.

We don't have a dishwasher and I'm wonder about cleaning it.

Also is it worth getting and expensive one or a cheaper one. I've read so many mixed reviews about them.

May all your questions be answered:

[Home Appliances] https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1044
    [Food] https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1761

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If you like dry tasteless food go for it

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    If you like dry tasteless food go for it

Ha, there's a big part of my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Some woman on a group i moderate looking for an argument. She asked a question without tagging us so I didn't see it until tonight. Then I answered and she started on about a post being taken down. I checked and the post was still there.
    I pointed all this out to her and told her to relax but she kept on bitching. Some fcking people
    Also it took me 5 tries on my phone to type bitching.

You didn’t tell a woman to relax did you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I had a fellow walk up to me in Aldi today, about mid 40s, and he had a list in his hand. He says to me "Excuse me whats pasta?". I scanned for signs of mental illness or drugs but found none. He genuinely never heard of pasta. So i showed him the section with all the pasta types and he then says "and what about pasta sauce where would i get that?". I showed him and he thanked me, adding "See what happens when she sends me out shopping!".
    And there you have it. There are some very very strange people in this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

You didn’t tell a woman to relax did you :)

I would say that didn't go down well haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Some rough looking middle aged wan was passing the front of my house just as I was opening the blinds in my bedroom. She makes eye contact with me just after I had opened the blinds and then just stops walking and continues to stare at me. She was obviously thinking in her paranoid mind that I was peeping at her from my bedroom window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Did my good deed for the year yesterday and painted my in-law's fence. My thighs and calves are in bits today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

(Perhaps thinly veiled) I have a new car, it will take me a month to get the drivers seat set right. Forward/back up/down again and again :mad:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Some rough looking middle aged wan was passing the front of my house just as I was opening the blinds in my bedroom. She makes eye contact with me just after I had opened the blinds and then just stops walking and continues to stare at me. She was obviously thinking in her paranoid mind that I was peeping at her from my bedroom window.

I remember walking past a house where the occupant opened the binds just as I happened to be idly looking at the window, and we made very awkward eye contact. For some reason I instinctively waved. He waved back. Then both of us realised that we're not supposed to be waving at total strangers from inside/outside a house, and very embarrassedly hurried on.

I remember walking past a house where the occupant opened the binds just as I happened to be idly looking at the window, and we made very awkward eye contact. For some reason I instinctively waved. He waved back. Then both of us realised that we're not supposed to be waving at total strangers from inside/outside a house, and very embarrassedly hurried on.

Brilliant :D

(Perhaps thinly veiled) I have a new car, it will take me a month to get the drivers seat set right. Forward/back up/down again and again :mad:

The car is gorgeous CH, well wear, hope you find a position you like lol.

TA , I was too lazy to get up and do my class earlier and I'm meant to be meeting my friend for a walk shortly but I'm still in bed, I don't feel like walking but I want the coffee and cake afterwards, if I back out she'll kill me but I've no mojo today.

Little one has decided that today (public health nurse checkup) is the day she has bruises on her shins from crawling. At least if they confiscate her I'll get a night's sleep :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The car is gorgeous CH, well wear, hope you find a position you like lol.

TA , I was too lazy to get up and do my class earlier and I'm meant to be meeting my friend for a walk shortly but I'm still in bed, I don't feel like walking but I want the coffee and cake afterwards, if I back out she'll kill me but I've no mojo today.

username checks out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement