Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He sounds a bit creepy.
    Carry a big umbrella, preferably one that can snap out quickly when you open it. :P

well if they are going down the umbrella route I will just leave this here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgi_Markov

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

mikemac2 wrote: »
    For sure. I played Harty Cup hurling for my CBS secondary school

Well schooled in shoulder barging ;)

You need to be waaay more subtle!
    I'm sure you don't want a scrap.

You need to skillfully and lightly tap his heel, so he, essentially trips himself.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Getting dressed after a shower and your t-shirt sticks to you while trying to put it on because you haven't dried yourself enough

Or, remember things like saunas and gyms?
    When you don't cool down properly, shower and get dressed only to realise that you're still sweating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

The fact that people let their toddlers run around my estate with zero supervision. They are clueless about traffic, recently had two of them walk out in between cars into my path on the road while looking the other way. One was hit by a car backing out of their driveway last year, totally fine luckily.

I obviously crawl in the estate because of this but you do get one or two young lads who belt it, bad combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Or, remember things like saunas and gyms?
    When you don't cool down properly, shower and get dressed only to realise that you're still sweating!

Jaysus this thread has taken a very Homo erotic twist. ( No harm in that before I get attacked :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Archeron

I badly need shoes as mine are all worn out from all the walking during lockdown. Happy days, I find a pair of nice grey Nike that I forgot about in the spare room. Pop them on and realize that every time the left one hits the ground, it makes a sound like a hippo swallowing a water balloon and then belching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Archeron wrote: »
    I badly need shoes as mine are all worn out from all the walking during lockdown. Happy days, I find a pair of nice grey Nike that I forgot about in the spare room. Pop them on and realize that every time the left one hits the ground, it makes a sound like a hippo swallowing a water balloon and then belching.

Stick a load of baby powder in it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Grown women on social media refering to their younger brother as "my baby brother". He's 30 love.

Mimon wrote: »
    Jaysus this thread has taken a very Homo erotic twist. ( No harm in that before I get attacked :))

You have a bizarre concept or eroticism, not to mind homoeroticism!
    But whatever floats your boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Antares35 wrote: »
    Grown women on social media refering to their younger brother as "my baby brother". He's 30 love.

Also grown women calling their father "daddy"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭sporina

When someone starts a thread in what ever forum, with a query, or looking for advice on a situation etc and its interesting but the OP never gets back with the outcome or decision etc.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I've ranted about that on here before, does my head in. My ex said it all the time before making a decision about anything...ill have to run it by mammy. She's not some omnipotent being that needs no introduction or title, at least call her my mammy not just mammy like some all encompassing Goddess.

TA i keep falling asleep for hours during the day then can't sleep at night. I get hit with a wave of exhaustion and go to ly down for 20 minutes and wake up 3 hours later. I even sleep through my alarm. It becomes incorporated into my dream like a fog horn and im on an island somewhere. Was planning on reading in the sunshine but it's 7pm now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My unemployed sister constantly complaining about how tired she is when I'm pushing 55 hours a week the past while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Married couples referring to each other as "Mammy" and "Daddy"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sardonicat wrote: »

Is it OK though in the bedroom? :p

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Is it OK though in the bedroom? :p

I'll pretend I didn't read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I got 99 problems, but a fridge ain’t one.

Actually, make that 100 problems including the fridge, which decided to crap out on us tonight just after I came home with the shopping.

We’ve a mobile home with a tiny under-counter fridge a 40 minute drive from here, so I had to lash out there to get it while my wife put what frozen stuff she could into her uncle’s and mother’s freezers. Of course the small fridge is full of mould, so I had to clean that up before jamming it full of as much as I could from the giant fridge the 5 of us usually use.

Looks like I’m fridge shopping tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,444 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sardonicat wrote: »

Thats done for the kids benefit. If , however they're out with adults it weird

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I got 99 problems, but a fridge ain’t one.

Actually, make that 100 problems including the fridge, which decided to crap out on us tonight just after I came home with the shopping.

We’ve a mobile home with a tiny under-counter fridge a 40 minute drive from here, so I had to lash out there to get it while my wife put what frozen stuff she could into her uncle’s and mother’s freezers. Of course the small fridge is full of mould, so I had to clean that up before jamming it full of as much as I could from the giant fridge the 5 of us usually use.

Looks like I’m fridge shopping tomorrow.

Not much use to you now but maybe for others in future, freezer and contents will stay frozen for about two days after a power cut/fault as long as you keep the door closed.

I had a neighbour throw out a full freezer of food after our power went for less than three hours last year. Couldn't believe it when she told me.

https://www.fsai.ie/chilled_frozen_power_cut.html#:~:text=Generally%3A,if%20the%20door%20remains%20shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

cj maxx wrote: »
    Thats done for the kids benefit. If , however they're out with adults it weird

Yeah my missus calls me dad in front of my kid, and the reason she does is to circumvent the ridiculous 2 daddy’s bul**** my kids mother subjected her to since she was a baby, tis a nice thing to do.

Luckily I’ve a strong relationship with my kid but with that carry on it was harder than it should have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Not much use to you now but maybe for others in future, freezer and contents will stay frozen for about two days after a power cut/fault as long as you keep the door closed.

Yeah, the reported temperature in the freezer was already +2 degrees by the time I noticed. Some stuff in the bottom was still frozen. Fridge was 12 degrees. I reckon it’s been gone since last night, and no ones copped it coz the lights still worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When your phone updates and now the layout of stuff is different

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That new Black Eye Peas song featuring Shakira, it's one of the worst songs I've ever heard in my life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That new Black Eye Peas song featuring Shakira, it's one of the worst songs I've ever heard in my life.

This is a band that released My Humps. Hardly surprising then that their other stuff is rubbish

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Back at the gym. Harder than I remember and everything is sore.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

sporina wrote: »
    When someone starts a thread in what ever forum, with a query, or looking for advice on a situation etc and its interesting but the OP never gets back with the outcome or decision etc.. :(

Or when you're trying to look for an answer to something online and you find loads of forums where people have asked the same question, and all the responses are "yea I've wondered about this too" or worse "don't know, sorry" :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Antares35 wrote: »
    Or when you're trying to look for an answer to something online and you find loads of forums where people have asked the same question, and all the responses are "yea I've wondered about this too" or worse "don't know, sorry" :(

Yes. I think oh great, and then it's just the same question but no solution.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yes. I think oh great, and then it's just the same question but no solution.

Or half a solution and a link to register

When a company tells you that an item you ordered has been "lost in transit". I just don't believe it for a second. What, did it just fall overboard crossing the Bermuda triangle? Did the driver just leave his doors open and it fell out onto the road? I'd much rather an honest answer like, "Rob in dispatch f*cked up cause his nanny died and he'd a hangover and he put the order through even though we'd no stock left".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭sporina

i'm sure this has been mentioned before - but ta' when people bag their dog's poo but then leave the bag of poo on the ground.. boggles my mind.. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement