Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I left vodafone years ago as they are the single worst company I ever had to deal with. Surprised that they are still so popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I left vodafone years ago as they are the single worst company I ever had to deal with. Surprised that they are still so popular.

Same here, got rid of them a useless shower of ****es the neighbour has them for broadband and TV and has nothing but issues with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

The vodafone issue was with their dns. If it happens again, changing your dns to cloudflare (1.1.1.1) fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The time wasted doing dry rolls with a rollerball deodorant, waiting for the actual deodorant to come out.

I hate inequality of shopping trolley lines.

Then seeing somebody return a trolley to the big line that's sticking out into the car park.

One of these days I'm going to take a euro coin and fix them myself. Take a trolley and even the groups up a bit. I know I'll look like a freak but do it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I hate inequality of shopping trolley lines.

Then seeing somebody return a trolley to the big line that's sticking out into the car park.

One of these days I'm going to take a euro coin and fix them myself. Take a trolley and even the groups up a bit. I know I'll look like a freak but do it anyway.

I always thought that trolley phenomenon was really indicative of how many people live their lives without a care for how their actions impact on others or the planet. It's like they all say "oh sure what difference will just one more make, sure it isn't what I do that will change the world". And in a way they're right because there isn't just one trolley that blocks up the carpark but because they've all taken the "not my problem" position, it becomes a big thing.

TA I despair for mankind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

People taking a great thread off topic giving discussing Vodafone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Antares35 wrote: »
    I always thought that trolley phenomenon was really indicative of how many people live their lives without a care for how their actions impact on others or the planet. It's like they all say "oh sure what difference will just one more make, sure it isn't what I do that will change the world". And in a way they're right because there isn't just one trolley that blocks up the carpark but because they've all taken the "not my problem" position, it becomes a big thing.

TA I despair for mankind :D

Or putting your basket on the stack of baskets but leaving the handles in the centre so the next person can't put their basket in without rearranging the previous shoppers basket.
    Death sentence!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Went to my local small supermarket on Saturday. Just after sanitising my hands, I went to grab a basket from the stack right beside me, when this woman came over who was already inside the shop to take one. No problem there; except she didn't take one. She just held the handles of it while it was still in the stack and there staring into space. 10 seconds pass, and I'm standing there waiting for her to take the basket, but she doesn't - it's like she's frozen. So I politely say "Excuse me, I just want to take a basket...", and she snaps out of it, gives me a filthy look, and walks off without the basket.

10 minutes later I see her in the biscuit isle, with her arms laden down with all kinds of groceries she can barely carry. Weird.

As I was off work today, my wife suggested we take the recycling to the dump. Great idea, I thiught.
    She had all the stuff bagged and ready to put in the car when it dawned on me....
    I was off work because I was getting the car serviced - I had just walked back from the garage after dropping it off.
    We only have one car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Or putting your basket on the stack of baskets but leaving the handles in the centre so the next person can't put their basket in without rearranging the previous shoppers basket.
    Death sentence!

I always re-arrange them

I rushed out the door so I could avoid talking to someone. I've a missed call from them now :(

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People having full fledged conversations on A Facebook post via the comments section.
    Example, I post a photo of a bridge.
    Person A comments “lovely photo”
    Person B comments “yeah, Marie was on that bridge in 2007”
    Person A. ...” was that the years John was in France”
    Person B. “No, it was the year Cathy got engaged”
    Blah blah blah
    I’m sorry I posted it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

A new girl moved in upstairs. The postman gave her my package last Thursday as she answered the door. She fcked off to her flat and kept it! I didn't know what had happened, I was onto An Post to find out, eventually today the postman called, a fine looking guy btw, and he told me what happened.
    He went up to her and knocked on the door and she never answered. I had to ring the landlady and then we found out she had basically stolen my post. The cheek of her. I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I was a passenger earlier in a new, brand new eight day old car owned and being driven by my Dad, a gorgeous motor.... car in the lane beside us, a work vehicle about to turn right , instead performs a 3 point turn, over a solid white line apparently having received a call for a job...but reverses back too far and back into our lane, hitting the door of my Dads brand new car... all be it not too hard...Guy was nice enough, very apologetic etc... but fûck, not needed covid time or any time... it was a very busy road and completely ridiculous and unsafe trying to make a three point turn but professional drivers being professional drivers know best right ! Our car was stationary the entire time as the lights were red so they obviously didn’t check their mirrors when performing the maneuver or misjudged the space...if there had been a cyclist between our car and the reversing car they were hospital bound.

There are two scratches or marks, quite long , that will require fixing, so during a fûckin pandemic it means my Dad is going to be off in contact with more people to get this sorted...

Too much to think that the driver would just have taken the turn right safely and come around again... added another two minutes to the journey for him max.

^^
    If it's any consolation, I'd saw the van driver feels far worse and is kicking himself for making that stupid decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Probably, just annoyed that my Dad had his new pride and joy damaged, a seriously nice car, was good enough to take me to a medical appointment today so I’m feeling partly responsible...

Funny on meeting him I commented jokingly about the state of the car, a load more of that Sahara dust came down overnight and covered it, making it filthy, then some outright carelessness by a fellow motorist and scratch city...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hopefully that's the "Car Christening" scratch, may it be the first and the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

A new girl moved in upstairs. The postman gave her my package last Thursday as she answered the door. She fcked off to her flat and kept it! I didn't know what had happened, I was onto An Post to find out, eventually today the postman called, a fine looking guy btw, and he told me what happened.
    He went up to her and knocked on the door and she never answered. I had to ring the landlady and then we found out she had basically stolen my post. The cheek of her. I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Is she one of the noise makers? That’d be strike two.

It’s illegal to open someone’s post. If it’s still unopened she can plead laziness.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭wildwillow

As I was off work today, my wife suggested we take the recycling to the dump. Great idea, I thiught.
    She had all the stuff bagged and ready to put in the car when it dawned on me....
    I was off work because I was getting the car serviced - I had just walked back from the garage after dropping it off.
    We only have one car.

Im so sorry but I laughed at this. Covid lockdown has wrecked your brain!

• Advertisement

TA that I can't watch Great British Bake off tonight because Russell Brand is on it and he gives me the heebie-jeebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Didn't get out for a run yesterday because the heavens opened every time I went to head out. Didn't get out today because I didn't finish work til after 7 and was just too hungry and knackered.

My TA is that I've become the sort of person who a) is disappointed at not getting out for a run and b) feels the need to tell strangers on the internet about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I work in the office every day. Hey someone has to do it as we have to download a file from a specific computer so I do it and I'm walking distance away, no probs.

I walk 5km every lunch and I walk it hard to clear the head and play music . I do enjoy my lunchtime walks.

My TA is I have a nemesis. There is a middle aged guy who jogs, fair play. First day I was walking on the very left of the footpath and he jogs towards me playing chicken and at the last second goes around me. Close enough to breath on me

Another day he came up behind me and far too closely skirted around me.

Today again I was walking and he comes towards me and brushes my shoulder though the path was easily 2 metres wide.

What gives?? Sometimes I walk on the left, sometimes the centre, sometimes the right as I am relaxed and do not care and I never had an issue with another walker or cyclist. The person at highest speed adjusts, it works well.

Why can't we all get along?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I work in the office every day. Hey someone has to do it as we have to download a file from a specific computer so I do it and I'm walking distance away, no probs.

I walk 5km every lunch and I walk it hard to clear the head and play music . I do enjoy my lunchtime walks.

My TA is I have a nemesis. There is a middle aged guy who jogs, fair play. First day I was walking on the very left of the footpath and he jogs towards me playing chicken and at the last second goes around me. Close enough to breath on me

Another day he came up behind me and far too closely skirted around me.

Today again I was walking and he comes towards me and brushes my shoulder.

What gives?? Sometimes I walk on the left, sometimes the centre, sometimes the right as I am relaxed and do not care and I never had an issue with another walker or cyclist. The person at highest speed adjusts, it works well.

Why can't we all get along

accidentally trip him as he goes by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

For sure. I played Harty Cup hurling for my CBS secondary school

Well schooled in shoulder barging ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

accidentally trip him as he goes by.

I was going to suggest "fart", but this is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mikemac2 wrote: »
    For sure. I played Harty Cup hurling for my CBS secondary school

Well schooled in shoulder barging ;)

we shall be eagerly awaiting your update.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

He sounds a bit creepy.
    Carry a big umbrella, preferably one that can snap out quickly when you open it. :P

I'm watching Supergarden and I'm thinking, all those poor plants condemned to certain death by being planted in thick, soggy clay. North facing, too. The only thing that you could grow in there are golems. But hey, as long as it looks nice until we go away, who cares...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Getting dressed after a shower and your t-shirt sticks to you while trying to put it on because you haven't dried yourself enough

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement