Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Democracy certainly is in a lot of trouble globally, but thankfully, we haven't gone fill retard just yet at the ballot box

If 93% of the population dont vote for you or your cronies yet you still end up in positions of power making decisions for everyone then something is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

If 93% of the population dont vote for you or your cronies yet you still end up in positions of power making decisions for everyone then something is wrong

To be fair, both ffg are still relatively strongly supported, but that support is slowly slipping, both are trying to hold onto their positions, the next ge will be interesting. Both parties have very strong connections to wealth, this is a common theme globally, but this is slipping also, so watch this space I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

They were told what would happen and it did.

3.5% growth isn't much use to those who died.

But it is a lot for the mass unemployed or those on pandemic supports, struggling day to day (especially the younger folks).
    Or for the country overall in getting back to holiday or enjoying day to day activities.

I also take your caring about lives with a pinch of salt. You seem to only care about lives when you can get a political punch in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Trying too hard Randle, that ship has sailed.Lass got caught on that one- move on dude.

A lie is a lie is a lie Brenner.

The only one "caught out" on that one are the people who insist on peddling the known lie, namely a few posters on this site, and that idiot CLLR David McManus from FG who seems to posts complete nonsense roughly every half hour on Twitter, he got called out nicely yesterday btw. :D

https://twitter.com/henno21/status/1381234549275951105?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Shortall laid it out nice and simple on the radio this morning re MHQ. One of the key success factors is hotels. The clue is in the name and we have plenty of idle hotels. She said the proper forecasting and planning has not been done even after months of delays. 3 weeks in and the system is crumbling with 16 more countries going on the list today. Shambles.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »
    A lie is a lie is a lie Brenner.

The only one "caught out" on that one are the people who insist on peddling the known lie, namely a few posters on this site, and that idiot CLLR David McManus from FG who Leo m posts every half hour on Twitter, he got called out nicely yesterday btw. :D

https://twitter.com/henno21/status/1381234549275951105?s=19

My Jaysus......I replied to a totally different post, and this stuff comes up!

Not complaining as this is FFgG thread, but I’ll need to lie down for a while before I gather myself for that .

Hope you understand, things to do like, things to do.

Have a good day.

• Site Banned Posts: 71 ✭✭TheTruth21

Shortall laid it out nice and simple on the radio this morning re MHQ. One of the key success factors is hotels. The clue is in the name and we have plenty of idle hotels. She said the proper forecasting and planning has not been done even after months of delays. 3 weeks in and the system is crumbling with 16 more countries going on the list today. Shambles.

They have signed a deal with a hotel group that owns 9 hotels. They have wanted it to fail since day 1

People arriving into Cork but having to stay in a hotel in dublin, all hotels must be full in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

TheTruth21 wrote: »
    They have signed a deal with a hotel group that owns 9 hotels. They have wanted it to fail since day 1

People arriving into Cork but having to stay in a hotel in dublin, all hotels must be full in Cork?

Who told you that, any proof?

Who told you that, any proof?

Irish Times journalist Mark Paul on The tonight show stated it. For people who defend the Govt on everything, they seem to not see any interviews, political shows etc and ask for proof. Il expect you to shy away from discussion now

Hotels owned by the hotel group can be viewed here https://www.tifcohotels.ie/

The only 4 hotels currently in use can be found here https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/3b8e1-mandatory-hotel-quarantine-your-questions-answered/#hotel-and-services
    ALL IN DUBLiN

The Crowne Plaza Dublin Airport
    The Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
    Clontarf Castle Hotel
    The Hard Rock Hotel Dublin City Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Advertisement

Again I must bring in personal responsibility. Hundreds of people turned up without booking. Imagine turning up for eg Leopardstown Christmas festival of racing and expecting to get a room in the nearest hotel? You book in advance. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭eggy81

Again I must bring in personal responsibility. Hundreds of people turned up without booking. Imagine turning up for eg Leopardstown Christmas festival of racing and expecting to get a room in the nearest hotel? You book in advance. Simples.

And what do you do if it’s booked out. Not travel?

You tell the airlines to not let them on the plane without a hotel booking like New Zealand and Australia have done

You also have more than 4 hotels ready to begin with

Personal responsibility on the Govt this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭eggy81

You tell the airlines to not let them on the plane without a hotel booking like New Zealand and Australia have done

You also have more than 4 hotels ready to begin with

Personal responsibility on the Govt this

Maybe the availability of a flight into the country should be tied to the availability of quarantine rooms when you are booking a flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Does anyone know how many other countries in the EU have MHQ and how are they getting on with it?

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many other countries in the EU have MHQ and how are they getting on with it?

What does that matter? Get your own affairs in order!

What does that matter? Get your own affairs in order!

Well we could learn from them if they have already resolved the issues we are facing? Weird to say it doesn't matter when you could learn from the experience of others within the bloc.

Well we could learn from them if they have already resolved the issues we are facing? Weird to say it doesn't matter when you could learn from the experience of others within the bloc.

We could have lets see had a look at New Zealand and Australia and how they limited flights arriving and numbers so hotels wouldn't be full. But hey who am i to ask the Govt to do a bit of planning

The facts are Fine Fail want this and Fine Gael dont. 9 months we have been told by the experts we need full mandotary quarantine. The govt have failed to deliver

We could have lets see had a look at New Zealand and Australia and how they limited flights arriving and numbers so hotels wouldn't be full. But hey who am i to ask the Govt to do a bit of planning

The facts are Fine Fail want this and Fine Gael dont. 9 months we have been told by the experts we need full mandotary quarantine. The govt have failed to deliver

Oh you mean the two autonomous islands in the southern hemphisphere 2000 kms away from any other country ?
    Surely you could find a closer example
    The isle of man has done the best of them all,its only 30 or 40kms from our coast

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭CarProblem

Why change the habit of a lifetime? Successive governments in this country (all involving the "grown ups") continually invent Irish solutions for Irish problems rather than being influenced, or even copying, systems/solutions that work well elsewhere

• Advertisement

I also see today's episode of Deflection Daily has already started

Supply enough spaces, it doesn't take a genius to work that out. Order airlines to stop carrying passengers that are not booked in!

CarProblem wrote: »
    Why change the habit of a lifetime? Successive governments in this country (all involving the "grown ups") continually invent Irish solutions for Irish problems rather than being influenced, or even copying, systems/solutions that work well elsewhere

We have a problem for every solution!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I try to stay out these threads for the sake of my own sanity. I'm actually convinced some of the posters are WUMs as they simply can't be that brainwashed

I actually find it amusing - the deflection, the whataboutery, the blamestorming. I am always amazed just how far they will go to defend the indefensible. It gives a great insight into the mind of the electorate. I also loved the Emperor's new clothes story as a kid. :)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Does anyone actually have an answer to this that isn't some weird deflection, because it would be interesting to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Floppybits

It has been set up so that it will fail so that the government can turn around and say we told you so. Is it really true that if you fly into Cork you have then quarantine in a hotel in Dublin? Surely someone either in the governments, their plentiful advisors and grossly over paid SG's would have noticed this?

Floppybits wrote: »
    It has been set up so that it will fail so that the government can turn around and say we told you so. Is it really true that if you fly into Cork you have then quarantine in a hotel in Dublin? Surely someone either in the governments, their plentiful advisors and grossly over paid SG's would have noticed this?

Yes it is true https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/3b8e1-mandatory-hotel-quarantine-your-questions-answered/#hotel-and-services

The 4 hotels in use currently are
    Clontarf Castle Hotel

I posted this on 22/01
    My prediction: Government will eventually implement something. They'll do a half arsed job and **** it up (like absolutely everything they've tried to do). It won't have the desired effect but they'll then say "what do you want from us, we followed advice?"

Yes it is true https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/3b8e1-mandatory-hotel-quarantine-your-questions-answered/#hotel-and-services

The 4 hotels in use currently are
    Clontarf Castle Hotel

Cork Airport is all but closed currently, just a few flights a week from the UK and Netherlands, neither on the mandatory quarantine list. The few stragglers that might come through Cork airport requiring quarantine (e.g. didn't get a test before travelling etc) are sent to Dublin, because opening a hotel for just a handful of people wouldn't make sense.

• Advertisement

I posted this on 22/01

They cannot use the we followed advice tactic. They have been ignoring the calls for Mandatory hotel quarantine for all arrivals for 9 months now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement