Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Green party voters will like to know that their votes are now considered invalid.
    No place for PBP in the next left wing government either then? Or Soc Democrats? Or Labour? This is going one way.

A scandal? How would it compare to say the Netherlands? Have they a coalition govt in that very successful country?

Using that logic the voters of pbp, labour and soc dems had their votes invalidated at the last election didn't they?

Ff FG decided that the greens would get power. The people didn't. 93% didn't vote Eamonn and Co.

It's a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

TheTruth21 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DarraghOBrienTD/status/1330899898468851716?s=19

Did one of these not get planning permission in Phibsbourgh today

Application pre-dated the change. Move on.

• Site Banned Posts: 71 ✭✭TheTruth21

Application pre-dated the change. Move on.

Surely the Minister knew this before his response

So the Minister lied to try get a few likes on social media just because a Sinn Fein TD called him out

Thats Pathetic

Using that logic the voters of pbp, labour and soc dems had their votes invalidated at the last election didn't they?

Ff FG decided that the greens would get power. The people didn't. 93% didn't vote Eamonn and Co.

It's a farce.

No not really. PBP refused to enter coalition. So did SD after initial discussions as did labour. They had the choice and declined. Greens stepped up and that is why they are in cabinet. A PBP vote remains as valuable as a Green one.
    All other parties had the numbers to relegate FF and FG.

No not really. PBP refused to enter coalition. So did SD after initial discussions as did labour. They had the choice and declined. Greens stepped up and that is why they are in cabinet. A PBP vote remains as valuable as a Green one.

But the voters didn't get to choose their government. If they did a party with 7% of the vote wouldn't be in power.

It's a strange system

• Advertisement

FF and FG don't want to be out of power. Id imagine the shredders are out already with all the corruption over the years because they know times up soon

Attack Sinn Fein is the only answer they have to anything

Surely the Minister knew this before his response

So the Minister lied to try get a few likes on social media just because a Sinn Fein TD called him out

Thats Pathetic

I stand to be corrected here, but I don't think you can legislate in retrospect in this country. The development met standards in place at time of application and was processed on that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

FF and FG don't want to be out of power. Id imagine the shredders are out already with all the corruption over the years because they know times up soon

If SF had the number of seats Labour do, they would not be attacked. Because of the number of seats SF have the cosy cartel is worried and their loyal lapdogs in the media such as Philip Ryan launch their various attacks.

As opposed to everyone else who didn't want to be in power. Yet.

But the voters didn't get to choose their government. If they did a party with 7% of the vote wouldn't be in power.

It's a strange system

They did though. Would you be saying the same thing if a grand left coalition had ousted FF and FG? Honestly now.

• Advertisement

They did though. Would you be saying the same thing if a grand left coalition had ousted FF and FG? Honestly now.

Yes I would. Honestly.

I don't see how parties who pick up tiny percentages of votes can end up in power ahead of others who pick up substantial numbers.
    In reality when you look at it it's not actually what people voted for. Its what the parties decided themselves. They join together and make deals etc.
    It's not the "wishes of the people ".

It's not really democracy. It's a farce.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    If SF had the number of seats Labour do, they would not be attacked. Because of the number of seats SF have the cosy cartel is worried and their loyal lapdogs in the media such as Philip Ryan launch their various attacks.

I hope some day you realise how blinkered and exploited you were in 2021. I know a few that had your zeal and saw the light eventually. Think about it.

Yes I would. Honestly.

I don't see how parties who pick up tiny percentages of votes can end up in power ahead of others who pick up substantial numbers.
    In reality when you look at it it's not actually what people voted for. Its what the parties decided themselves. They join together and make deals etc.
    It's not the "wishes of the people ".

It's not really democracy. It's a farce.

Check out the composition of governments in other progressive European countries. Coalition is the norm and can work well when politicians behave like adults.

I hope some day you realise how blinkered and exploited you were in 2021. I know a few that had your zeal and saw the light eventually. Think about it.

Exploited for not voting for FF or FG who practice nod and a wink politics and look after themselves and their pals.

Check out the composition of governments in other progressive European countries. Coalition is the norm and can work well when politicians behave like adults.

Are there examples of coalitions made up of parties who traditionally would be on opposite sides of the political spectrum? Left /right etc

If FF and FG had behaved like adults there would have been no tribunals, and no money just resting in various accounts.

I stand to be corrected here, but I don't think you can legislate in retrospect in this country. The development met standards in place at time of application and was processed on that basis.

Fact is, it can be stopped but it won't

Govts mates running the show again

Same as the vaccine robbery for the wealthy, nothing will be done

Are there examples of coalitions made up of parties who traditionally would be on opposite sides of the political spectrum? Left /right etc

Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Finland all have seen this situation.

Fact is, it can be stopped but it won't

Govts mates running the show again

Same as the vaccine robbery for the wealthy, nothing will be done
    It would be a DCC matter, no?
    1m+ vaccines in the arms of ordinary people

• Registered Users Posts: 14,060 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The coalition ignored the health experts advice. The experts who knew what would happen and it did.

Experts? Eh?

EjT_zC9WkAEymkK.jpg

• Advertisement

Maryanne...why do you think that even if you go to the end of google or even the internet, you will not find a number that shows how many people in this country voted for this government?

The Irish electorate will give their verdict on this government at the NEXT election when they attempt to get re-elected.

What nonsense is this?
    This is Ireland, where coalition governments have been the main feature since 1977.

If your point is valid (and its not), Ireland has had unelected governments since 1977.

It's a strange system

That is not how our system works.
    We for a party or possible TD.

It is then up to the political parties to form a government.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »
    Experts? Eh?

EjT_zC9WkAEymkK.jpg

Lol, because that misrepresentitive headline hasn't been debunked on here one million and one times already.

I note how you cropped out the redtop name of the paper - namely the Daily Star, and also the context too.

IMG-20210415-064504.jpg

images-1.jpg

McDonald was calling for pubs already open, and who had proven they could operate under the safety guidelines laid out by the govt and nphet to be allowed to remain open.

Podcast to the CB show where she said it

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21836836

You're deliberately misrepresenting IMO, something you know not to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I prefer Leo "Every child has the right to a mother and father and, as much as is possible, the State should vindicate that right. That is a much more important right than that of two men or women having a family. That is the principle that should underline our laws regarding children and adoption" the liar

Strange that so much coin is paid out on LPA then, buddy.

Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Finland all have seen this situation.

Does that not prove my point then?

The irish people didn't vote for their government. The parties decided themselves who they would and wouldn't team up with. The parties chose the government not the people.

7% of the vote. No mandate

It's not democracy it's a farce

McMurphy wrote: »
    Lol, because that misrepresentitive headline hasn't been debunked on here one million and one times already.

I note how you cropped out the redtop name of the paper - namely the Daily Star, and also the context too.

IMG-20210415-064504.jpg

images-1.jpg

McDonald was calling for pubs already open, and who had proven they could operate under the safety guidelines laid out by the govt and nphet to be allowed to remain open.

Podcast to the CB show where she said it

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21836836

You're deliberately misrepresenting IMO, something you know not to be true.

Trying too hard Randle, that ship has sailed.Lass got caught on that one- move on dude.

We are in Serbia now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

This government has been the most feckless, pathetic and unrepresentative i have witnessed.

If any of the Opposition parties were in power today and making a hams of things as FFFG do, the same cute hoors would be screaming, i mean LOUDLY, and RTE, IrishTimes, Independent would join the chorus.

BluePlanet wrote: »
    This government has been the most feckless, pathetic and unrepresentative i have witnessed.

If any of the Opposition parties were in power today and making a hams of things as FFFG do, the same cute hoors would be screaming, i mean LOUDLY, and RTE, IrishTimes, Independent would join the chorus.

I think we can safely say that won’t happen, my friend.

It would be a DCC matter, no?
    1m+ vaccines in the arms of ordinary people

Who are these 1 million?

How many have went to people who got them after they were stolen?

We have people in their 80s still waiting their first dose yet your celebrating the fact thousands of vaccines were stolen and nobody has a list of who got said vaccines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,010 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's not democracy it's a farce

Democracy certainly is in a lot of trouble globally, but thankfully, we haven't gone fill retard just yet at the ballot box

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement