Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The US Masters is back. :D.

Going through early prices, sees some massive differences between e/w places and prices.
    Sky Bet going E/W 11 places but lower prices reflect those 11 places, pays your money.
    PP/Betfair and Boyles going 10 places, top 20 players in betting, PP/Betfair better for 10 players, prices same for 8 of them and Boyles better for 2.
    Hills going 9 places and are top priced most of the top end players with Bet365 who are only 8 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I think the top end of the market has no real value at all, so many players under 20/1. I will be up to my eyeballs in fantasy teams and various other things I'm involved in, so will not be punting very much on it. Just done 2 bets on the exchange yesterday and I think that will be that.

Koepka @ 40 No idea how the knee is feeling but good price if he's near 100% fit
    Im @ 48

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Koepka @ 40 No idea how the knee is feeling but good price if he's near 100% fit

Where did you get that price?

Morrison J wrote: »
    Where did you get that price?

Betfair exchange, more or less after it was announced he was playing, just checking it now he's @32, that's pretty much why I backed him, sort of knew the price wouldn't last, still no idea how fit he is.

Spieth now 2nd or 3rd favourite in most places around 11/1. I see on Betfair someone had the crystal ball out and managed to back him @85 presumably in his slump, wouldn't that be nice!!

• Advertisement

You take the good with the bad on the exchange, Im has now drifted to 65 , so I've added a bit more.

Stuck E.W bets on Homa 90/1 and Si Woo Kim 110/1 too, that's me definitely done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭antimatterx

What do people think of the following PP enhancement?

McIlroy to finish top 20 @ evens? It sounds like free money. (Max bet of 20 though).

What do people think of the following PP enhancement?

McIlroy to finish top 20 @ evens? It sounds like free money. (Max bet of 20 though).

He's not exactly playing well at moment but the enhancement would cost PP next to nothing.
    Looks good but he's 1.86 on the exchange for Top 20 so it's a 15% enhancement on the 100% line and for only a max of €20 per account.
    Good publicity for them for little cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Will Zalatoris, 66/1
    Sergio Garcia, 40/1
    Jon Rahm, 11/1

E/W, 10 places with Patrick

Steve Palmer from Racing Post Tips

Best bets:
    Justin Thomas 5pts each-way 12/1

Cameron Smith 2pts each-way 40/1

Phil Mickelson 1pt each-way 125/1

Brian Harman 1pt each-way 100-1

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/the-masters/steve-palmers-masters-tips-justin-thomas-poised-for-augusta-national-glory/482785

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

JT win only
    E/W on
    Cantlay
    Casey
    Reed
    Woodland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

One could be driven mad trying to get the Masters winner,its a bit of a minefield so i picked 3 ew and hope for the best.

Reid Cantlay and Scott.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

I have Morikawa 30s, Berger 40s and Leishman 150/1.
    If I was to do anymore it would be Im i think. Hard to find anyone I think will have a chance at a decent price at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

I’ve backed Finau to birdie the 8th all 4 days too at 15/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Rahm top continental European 23/20
    Matt Jones top Aussie 9/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I've backed Speith @ 11/1 and Koepka @ 28/1 both e/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Fitz. FRL
    Smith ew
    Im ew
    Conners ew
    Charl ew

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Took schauffele and Westwood in top 5 @40/1

Finau win @28s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Charl Schwartzel should be backed in all relevant markets. Good record at August a more importantly has been trending in all the stats.

Win & EW 300/1
    Top 20 8/1
    Top South African 11/2 (NAP)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

JT on the nose and Sergio e/w

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Morikawa @38 just too big for the world no.4.

Done a couple of other bets just for the first round Swafford, Munoz, Day to win their 3 ball today 10/1

Random one that I saw on Betfair also...Spieth, Westwood, Cantlay all top 20 after round 1 at 14/1

Eventually followed the money and backed for Thomas and Berger e/w, layed Rory as think he's going through a bad run, also layed him to make the cut.
    Small stakes on a couple of outsiders to lay off when they go lower (hopefully).

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭GillLebowski

PP had a special earlier, Westwood to make the cut at Evens... Thank god I wasn't tempted by that :pac:

Gone with Phil Mickelson Top Senior and Will Zalatoris Top Debutant at 10/3
    Hefty enough bet on Corey Conners top Canadian at 4/7

Don't know what that Palmer guy is like at tipping so I don't know if I should be excited or annoyed that he picked Cameron Smith and Brian Harman too...

And couldn't resist Morikawa either.

PP had a special earlier, Westwood to make the cut at Evens... Thank god I wasn't tempted by that :pac:

I saw that earlier 4/11 to evens.
    Ever notice they never go big enhanced odds say 6/1 to 10/1?
    It's always a low price, which would assume is because of the potential liabilities.

Don't know what that Palmer guy is like at tipping so I don't know if I should be excited or annoyed that he picked Cameron Smith and Brian Harman too...

He knows his stuff, couple of years ago there was a documentary about him and the cameras followed him for a year.
    Last year he did pretty well.
    Don't think he's set the world alight this year so far but he has a big following and whatever he tips is normally backed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭GillLebowski

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I saw that earlier 4/11 to evens.
    Ever notice they never go big enhanced odds say 6/1 to 10/1?
    It's always a low price, which would assume is because of the potential liabilities.

He knows his stuff, couple of years ago there was a documentary about him and the cameras followed him for a year.
    Last year he did pretty well.
    Don't think he's set the world alight this year so far but he has a big following and whatever he tips is normally backed in.

Max bet was €23 on it too :pac:

Ahh, think I watched a documentary on him... Did he win some crazy 2,000/1 double or something for a few hundred k a few years back?
    If Harman continues like this I might start actually looking at his tips from now on :P Especially since I only got him at 80's and I'm blaming him for that!

Max bet was €23 on it too :pac:

Ahh, think I watched a documentary on him... Did he win some crazy 2,000/1 double or something for a few hundred k a few years back?
    If Harman continues like this I might start actually looking at his tips from now on :P Especially since I only got him at 80's and I'm blaming him for that!

Thought it was €20, €23 was probably £20 equiv?

He did, not sure exactly what price it ended up but was big.
    Think he was losing money up to that bet but that double got him ending up ahead on the year.
    Harman now down to 34.00 so that's his best bet so far.

Some round by Rose considering he was 2 over after 7 holes, then goes Eagle and 7 birdies out of the remaining 10 holes, pretty impressive stuff.
    9 under in final 11 holes, that's best of any player since 2004!
    Tough course so far, reflected by only 12 players shooting under par.
    Some of the big players will need a good 2nd round score to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

small stabs on bubba @340 , hovland @70, conners @110, morikawa @38 and bryson @30 at the half way point. I hope one or two of those 5 will shoot 65/66 tomorrow and be right in it. Weather will be tough for the leaders and a lot of guys who I think will fall away like matsuyama, zalatoris, rose, kim and wiesberger.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Will Zalatoris, 66/1
    Sergio Garcia, 40/1
    Jon Rahm, 11/1

E/W, 10 places with Patrick

Tipping along ok :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

JT on the nose and Sergio e/w

Disappointing from Sergio but JT going strong

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement