Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Having 1 point e/w on Wallace & McDowell. Wallace has been in good from and hopefully the team ethos will bring the best out of G-Mac. 55/1 PP 7 places.

Be nice to see some golf, and not this sh1ttalk :mad:

Finished yammering on - might get to see some golf yet :)

Valspar Championship

Henrik Stenson made the cut at the Masters after a long streak of missed cuts. Add to that a good performance in Tandem with Justin Rose last week and he might just be getting out of that slump. He also has a good record at this event. 100/1 PP - 8 places. 125/1 with B365, 5 places.

Valspar Championship

Henrik Stenson made the cut at the Masters after a long streak of missed cuts. Add to that a good performance in Tandem with Justin Rose last week and he might just be getting out of that slump. He also has a good record at this event. 100/1 PP - 8 places. 125/1 with B365, 5 places.

Followed ya with Henrik 90/1 1/5 1-10 plcs Boy
    & Swabby :p @ 20s 1/5 1-7 plcs Tenerife Open

Matthias played well last week, and was in contention for a long way.. Too many pars didn't help his cause in the last round. Hoping he'll be braver this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Reed @24 on BF Exchange
    Grillo 50/1 e.w 8 places

Euro Tour
    Canter 33/1 e.w 6 places
    Migliozzi 40/1 e.w 6 places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Kirk
    Grillo
    Glover
    Mitchell
    All e/w

Reed @24 on BF Exchange
    Grillo 50/1 e.w 8 places

Euro Tour
    Canter 33/1 e.w 6 places
    Migliozzi 40/1 e.w 6 places

Kirk added 50/1 e.w 8 places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Kirk added 50/1 e.w 8 places

I’m on Migliozzi too, looks to have great potential.
    I’ll stay Italian and have a bet on Bertasio at 90/1.
    Taking Sean Crocker too at 50s. All 8 places each way

Last bet, Schwartzel 90/1 e.w top 8

GL All

• Subscribers Posts: 41,004 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Last bet, Schwartzel 90/1 e.w top 8

GL All

On that too

• Advertisement

GL everyone.. Hoping that for the casual viewer (ie me) it'll show the caption with the player's name before he takes the shot :pac:

I never know should I be willing the player to play a good iron shot on his 2nd stroke; or willing him to get/miss the putt... When the TV company is switching between players rapidly :D

That's why I've only gone for one in each.. Alright if y'are on Tony - I think they must show about 80+% of his shots in real-time... I'm talking mainly days three and four (normally they follow certain groups around on days 1 & 2 - which is fair enough).

And then Rich Bloody Beam, and these rubbish segments :rolleyes: Alright for strictly golf fans, but for the punter with a bet on I'm like Just show us the ruddy effin golf yez shower a k#£#t5 'tween gritted teeth ; else the neighbours ring da five oh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Corey Conners 20/1 e/w at 8 places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Paddy Reid in the Valspar and Kitayama in Tenerife.both a tenner ew ew singles.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

E/W punt on the following ...
    Will Zalatoris
    Corey Conners
    Max Homa

E/W punt on the following ...
    Will Zalatoris
    Corey Conners
    Max Homa

Those will do me :)

22/1 , 25/1 , and 22/1 ew 1/5 10 places

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Those will do me :)

22/1 , 25/1 , and 22/1 ew 1/5 10 places

I was a little greedy;
    1/4 5 plcs
    35, 33 & 28

Good luck :D

I was a little greedy;
    1/4 5 plcs
    35, 33 & 28

Good luck :D

Thanks charles... You too - well, both of us obviously :D Same picks and that.. :):)

Just done em on the one account I have, and those were the terms I got..

I'm on skinny willy myself! 33/1 top 5 places only.
    Stuck with Grillo again this week , he shot -5 first round last week and still missed the cut, but hopefully just a blip of a round he has been playing very well in general 66/1 (top 8)

Euro Tour I have..All e.w Top 7

Waring 55/1
    DeJager 50/1
    Green 80/1
    Lagergren 80/1
    Garcia-Rodriguez 66/1

Couple of random cross doubles as well......

Rahm and De Jager E.W
    Zalatoris and Lagergren both to finish Top 20

Be nice to even have a sweat this Sunday! Gl lads.

Wells Fargo

Francesco Molinari had 3 top tens in 4 weeks before missing the cut at the Arnold Palmer and the Players. Looked as if he was set for a top 20 finish at the Masters also before a shocking final round. Showing pieces of form and this track should suit him - he has 3 top 20 finishes to his name here. 1pt e/w 100/1 8 places PP.

Phil Mickelson is too high now at 150/1 - his form is poor but he has a fantastic record around here and at those odds I can't help but see if he can get a good run going. 0.5pt e/w 8 places PP.

Seamus Power after his covid break might be worth a flutter also - although I was hoping he might be a bit bigger but after shooting a 62 in Monday qualifying then his odds have been set slightly lower than you would expect. Good luck to him though back with the big boys. 250/1 PP 8 places 0.5pt e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Meronk in Tenerife and R Fowler who may get some confidence back on a course he likes,both ew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭GillLebowski

Went with Lowry, Ancer, Finau.

Dutched Ancer and Connors for top Rest of World.

Lowry W/O Bryson, Rahm, Xander and JT at 55/1 - 5 places.

Lowry and Ancer Top 30 singles and doubles too.

Lowry top Irish Player 5/1

Few smaller bets but they were my main :D

Liking the creativity!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Same usual bet

4 e/w doubles

Wells Fargo championship

Stewart Cink 80/1
    Correy Conners 35/1

Regions tradition

Bernhard Langer 8/1
    Mike Weir 14/1

European Tour event starting tomorrow for those who were unaware!

Betfred sponsoring it so they are going 10 places.

Detry 30/1
    Sullivan 35/1
    Syme 60/1
    De Jager 80/1
    Waring 100/1
    Ramsay 150/1

All E.W (10)

British Masters

Justin Harding - been playing well on this swing of the Tour and nearly won twice in a row in Kenya. Should have won this tournament last year until a poor final round.
    35/1 1pt ew 10 places Betfred.

If Renato Paratore can recover from whatever ailed him in Spain then a return to the same tournament of his last win could spark him. After his T12 in Austria he is well worth a punt - 110/1 0.5pt e/w Betfred

Johnathan Caldwell 250/1 0.5pt e/w Betfred Another with a good finish at this event and Top 10s in Italy and Scotland, similar type events to this, show that he is well capable of placing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

I’d be careful with return to the scene of his last win. Makes it sound like he won at the course.
    Doesn’t look like it’s doing Rasmus any good anyway, although he started with a 73 here last year at the UK championship.
    Nice to see Andrea Pavan stringing a decent 18 together. 400/1 with Sky, will have a euro each way!
    I’ll try Spieth, Matsuyama, Scheffler and Kuchar in the states this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Hi guys.

Does anybody know where I can bet on specific players to get a hole in one in the bigger tournaments?

I done it on paddy power for the masters but haven’t found it on any site since

Thanks

I've done a fair few bets for this week, not so much on the outright, just other stuff I'm trying out...

Wise 75/1
    Schwartzel 75/1
    Snedeker 90/1

All E.W Top 8

Backed Spieth @14 on the exchange.

FRL I have Vegas & Kang at 100/1 and 150/1 respectively e.w top 6

Vegas 11/5 & KH Lee 7/2 double to be Top South American and Top South Korean!

Betfair have a 'popular multis' section so just scrolling through that and a few caught my eye...

Leishman,Fitzpatrick, Matsuyama, Berger to finish Top 20 ..... 125/1
    Schwartzel, Wise, Mitchell, Piercy to finish Top 40 ......25/1
    Whaley, Power, Teater, Hadley to finish Top 40 .......250/1 (worth a Euro!)

Best of luck!

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Does anybody know where I can bet on specific players to get a hole in one in the bigger tournaments?

I done it on paddy power for the masters but haven’t found it on any site since

Thanks

No idea but if you mean bigger tournaments like the majors, then the likes of those bets will probably be available from Monday onwards for the USPGA next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭GillLebowski

Disappointed with Lowry, thought he would do well but capsized fairly quickly...

Even more disappointed that Ancer came 2nd :( But overall still in profit...

Forgot the British Masters started early so I missed the boat there although De Jager isn't having the best day today so I don't mind too much...

Byron Nelson Outright;

Big bet on DeChambeau this week, feel like this course will really suit him. Based in Dallas too and after last week's debacle and somehow moving to first in the FedEx standings he should be relaxed enough here, everything going very well for him apart from his driver but I'm hoping that doesn't matter too much on this course and with DJ pulling out he has an even better chance... 17/2

Other bets on Scheffler and Skinny Willy because they've been playing this course "half their lives" according to Will... 18/1 & 28/1

Tiny bets on Rozner and Catlin... Both bringing very good form over from the European Tour with Catlin especially looking to break into the PGA... 125/1 & 150/1

Match-Ups;
    Found a few of these I really liked and a few I was interested in so lumped them all into multiples together...

Scheffler vs. Berger - 10/11
    DeChambeau vs. Rahm - 10/11
    Fitzpatrick vs. Matsuyama - 4/5
    SW Kim vs. Palmer - Evens
    DeChambeau vs. Koepka - 4/6 (Might have a big single on this one)
    Noren vs. Gooch - 1/1

Top Players;
    Again lumped these into some multiples...

Top Asian - SW Kim - 13/5
    Top South Korean - SW Kim - 8/11
    Top Scottish - Russell Knox - 8/13
    Top English - Fitzpatrick - 5/6
    Top USA - DeChambeau - 9/2
    Top Aussie - Marc Leishman - 13/10

Others;
    Scheffler Top 5, Willy Z Top 10, SW Kim Top 20 - 40/1
    Scheffler and Willy Z, Top 5 - 25/1
    Spieth Top 10 Finish - Evens (Decent bet on this)

Yes, I know this is a lot but from the last few tournaments I'm just playing around with profits on this and the PGA next week :D

Advertisement