Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

They won’t insure anything over 15 years if you just bought it.

I’ve a 96 Corolla. I’m waiting. For vintage on it.

Hatchback or saloon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    Hatchback or saloon?

Saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Saloon.

A real beaut

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

A real beaut

I learned to drive in a a 95 one and two years ago a neighbour was getting rid of hers via scrapping, nothing wrong with it at all so I bought it for scrap value off her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭roosterman71

If it's heaped a few years, only the the top foot or less would still be topsoil, the rest would now have reverted towards subsoil.

Thanks for the info. Any ideas for an answer to my question? What is it worth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Odelay

If it's heaped a few years, only the the top foot or less would still be topsoil, the rest would now have reverted towards subsoil.

I must have been out of school that day. How does it revert back to subsoil so quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

First uninvited guest since the outbreak, a shed painting lad. Cheekily drove around the back to see the sheds, hate that crap.

Couldn't decide if he was of that ethnic group, he had the fast patter alright, a shiny silver jeep and a nice red jacket with his supposed company name. Had to repeat myself that his services were not wanted.

First uninvited guest since the outbreak, a shed painting lad. Cheekily drove around the back to see the sheds, hate that crap.

Couldn't decide if he was of that ethnic group, he had the fast patter alright, a shiny silver jeep and a nice red jacket with his supposed company name. Had to repeat myself that his services were not wanted.

Blonde hair and combed from down cork way by any chance?

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Any time I see them feckers about I tell them I am off work now for some reason and I am going to do it meself, paint bought and all..

Blonde hair and combed from down cork way by any chance?

I didn't notice the hair, thought it was dark but was more interested in getting him to **** off for myself.
    Yes cork alright. North cork painters or something.

• Advertisement

I didn't notice the hair, thought it was dark but was more interested in getting him to **** off for myself.

Reminds me of a fella that got a right power of work up this way it must be 5 years ago now. I was wary of him and wanted nothing to do with him but his local reference checked out so the fella i was working for got him in as every tom dick and harry were calling looking for the job as he was by the road. He was damn glad to see the back of him all the same but the work couldnt have been faulted and he did several yards up this way. Could be a different fella but this fella was definitly only one step out of the camp

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

David Moloney former CEO of Bothair has been accused of misappropriation of €465,000 from the accounts.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40261652.html

If convicted is tar and feathering still acceptable.

Fairly low blow if true.
    Nothing against my own profession but there looks to be a farmer head on him.

Will a 3 ton mini digger muck out a shed? Dung has been in it years so it's not fresh matted straw and sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

David Moloney former CEO of Bothair has been accused of misappropriation of €465,000 from the accounts.

Fairly low blow if true.

If true it's sickening.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Will a 3 ton mini digger muck out a shed? Dung has been in it years so it's not fresh matted straw and sh1t.

If you can get her in she'll clean it out alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭tanko

Surprise surprise, is there any Irish charity that isn't run by crooks who are only interested in lining their own pockets.

Fairly low blow if true.

Townie.

https://gregcantyfuzion.com/2019/08/20/430-goats-and-running-a-charity-with-ceo-of-bothar-dave-moloney/

If you can get her in she'll clean it out alright.

9 foot door is the biggest issue, checking out some hire companies seems a 3 ton Kubota will get in under it. Space boarding on three sides so no issue with dung exits - hopefully.

Great place to learn, indoors, sure what could go wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

Odelay wrote: »
    I must have been out of school that day. How does it revert back to subsoil so quickly?
    i

It will be grand, of course the top few inches will be richer from decayed material.
    Lorry loads would be 400 at least, but that is delivered. Don't forget a massive mound might only cover an half an acre of 1" depth..
    You could make it as cheap.
    Look at the mound and hollow drainage in NZ, they basically bury all the topsoil and over the preceding years grow new top soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Fairly low blow if true.

Thats why I wouldn't give 2 shillings to the big charity sector in this country as it appears to be all about the fat cats at the top. In contrast my volunteer work in Africa over the years gives one a good read of who is actually making a difference on the ground in these places and guides me where I donate to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

9 foot door is the biggest issue, checking out some hire companies seems a 3 ton Kubota will get in under it. Space boarding on three sides so no issue with dung exits - hopefully.

Great place to learn, indoors, sure what could go wrong :D

I clean our a shed with a 13t and door isn't 9' yet ðŸ˜
    A young lad with a two wheel drive 390 and power box should clean it out in an hour or less.

148multi wrote: »
    i

It will be grand, of course the top few inches will be richer from decayed material.
    Lorry loads would be 400 at least, but that is delivered. Don't forget a massive mound might only cover an half an acre of 1" depth..
    You could make it as cheap.
    Look at the mound and hollow drainage in NZ, they basically bury all the topsoil and over the preceding years grow new top soil.

From the spot i was on in Tasmania

Better living everyone

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Thats why I wouldn't give 2 shillings to the big charity sector in this country as it appears to be all about the fat cats at the top. In contrast my volunteer work in Africa over the years gives one a good read of who is actually making a difference on the ground in these places and guides me where I donate to

I was nearly tempted to donate to an Irish charity doing biochar work in Nepal for poor farmers.
    I think they only want 4k total. But then the inner self in me doesn't donate to charities as you put it for fear of the fat cats at the top taking the cream.

I was going to say if you were a farmer in this country who donated a heifer wouldn't you be well pissed off and furious. But then thankfully it was a heifer and not money donated.
    At least the heifer made it out to the poor divils.
    The founder of the charity at least had the foresight to know bits of the heifer don't get cut off before reaching the target farmers.

I stopped donating to Bothar years ago, I liked the idea but they were overly fond of the persistent hard sell, maybe this is why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

tanko wrote: »
    Surprise surprise, is there any Irish charity that isn't run by crooks who are only interested in lining their own pockets.

Didn't you know that's the meaning of "Charity begins at home"

Fairly low blow if true.

Was it resting in his account, Camel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Majority involved at the top of them charities are on massive money. I rarely donate since seeing the salary of pieta house board

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    Majority involved at the top of them charities are on massive money. I rarely donate since seeing the salary of pieta house board

Wouldn't give any of them a red cent.
    Any old eegit can set up a charity, it's a cottage industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

The amounts of money that they have in accounts v the amount they give out is an eye opener. The way some of the charities dole out the money means a lot of it will be squandered anyway.
    I read about one particular well known charity where they spent €2M on a campaign and brought in €4 M. They kept emphasizing the €4M but in reality they were only up €2M.

Advertisement