Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,090 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

whelan2 wrote: »
    My mother getting it next week too. My dad got his first go last week

I'll be delighted to get it as long as it's not Johnson and Johnson or Astra zeneca, the teachers can gladly have those.
    My friends are more nervous of getting it than I and we're not meeting up but they have their farmilies visiting even though they say they're not visiting...... but they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,236 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

wrangler wrote: »
    I'll be delighted to get it as long as it's not Johnson and Johnson or Astra zeneca, the teachers can gladly have those.
    My friends are more nervous of getting it than I and we're not meeting up but they have their farmilies visiting even though they say they're not visiting...... but they do.

My dad got the Pfizer one. He had a headache after but said that he might have had a headache with out getting the jab

My dad got the Pfizer one. He had a headache after but said that he might have had a headache with out getting the jab

They're advising 2 paracetamol the morning of the vaccine with Pfizer

My mother's birthday today. Second in lockdown. Would never have thought this time last year we'd still be living with covid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

My mother's birthday today. Second in lockdown. Would never have thought this time last year we'd still be living with covid

Only landed home a year ago yesterday definitly hadnt planned on ths last year as being as dry or as isolating. Galway Races, Lisdoonvarna, The Fleadh and whatever Macra festivals there was in between were all going to be given a good rattle. Looking back im nearly glad i had a year to adjust to over here without the pubs, i was in a bad way enough about coming home without a heap of heavy sessions thrown in.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement

I see the protestors are littering Tullamore with anti lockdown/anti vaccine posters. It's ironic, it was the worst town in the country with covid a week ago.....five times the national average

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I dunno why you’ve to be like that always. You wouldn’t like if it was said you should have both in each cheek with the thickest bluntest needle going.

I have yet to talk to a teacher that wants to go up any lists. That guff about striking is from the execs who are only looking to make names for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I dunno why you’ve to be like that always. You wouldn’t like if it was said you should have both in each cheek with the thickest bluntest needle going.

I have yet to talk to a teacher that wants to go up any lists. That guff about striking is from the execs who are only looking to make names for themselves.

I know a few teachers who say the same - but it’s weird...
    Nearly everyone I know kinda says ‘oh, this is just the union stirring it’ - but yet ballots for strike action still seem to carry?

Is this like Donald Trump voters coming out after voting for trump and denying it? :)

Nearly everyone I know kinda says ‘oh, this is just the union stirring it’ - but yet ballots for strike action still seem to carry?

Is this like Donald Trump voters coming out after voting for trump and denying it? :)

We haven’t been balloted yet.

That was passed at the agm- it hasn’t been put to us yet. I’m not saying it won’t be passed but the margins will be a lot closer than it’s shown now.

As for the vaccine, if all teachers got It in the morning, they wouldn’t be “safe” until the middle of June at the earliest so I don’t see the reasoning behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Read the voice for teachers page on facebook and you'll see most teachers there want to be moved up the list.

• Advertisement

We haven’t been balloted yet.

That was passed at the agm- it hasn’t been put to us yet. I’m not saying it won’t be passed but the margins will be a lot closer than it’s shown now.

As for the vaccine, if all teachers got It in the morning, they wouldn’t be “safe” until the middle of June at the earliest so I don’t see the reasoning behind it.

No, I know ye haven’t been balloted yet. But I’m saying very few teachers trot out the union line.
    But yet when it comes to voting, a lot more seem to vote for strike action that any discussions would have you believe...

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Read the voice for teachers page on facebook and you'll see most teachers there want to be moved up the list.

I’ve never read that page not never will, from what I know it’s usually people stirring.

Pussyhands wrote: »

Sure everyone wants to be moved up the list but given the choice of you or your parents who have been coccooning for over a year being dine first, I'd pick my parents, would you?

No, I know ye haven’t been balloted yet. But I’m saying very few teachers trot out the union line.
    But yet when it comes to voting, a lot more seem to vote for strike action that any discussions would have you believe...

I along with a lot of my colleagues will vote no but if passed, we have to follow whatever actions decided upon or be kicked out of the union. I’m in it for protection if something went wrong with work etc,

Sure everyone wants to be moved up the list but given the choice of you or your parents who have been coccooning for over a year being dine first, I'd pick my parents, would you?

I think vulnerable and elderly first and by age.

I’m not rushing out the door for it.

It's poor carry on by the teachers, I believe doctors are getting a lot of abuse over vaccines as well, can people not have a bit of patience.
    I suppose everyone was supposed to show personal responsibility right through this and it didn't happen so the **** has to continue for the vaccines too

I was talking to an sna from an autism unit. One of the kids tested positive before Easter but under GDPR they couldn't be told who. She said you are very close to these kids alot of the time and it's scary not to know if you were with that child.

I was talking to an sna from an autism unit. One of the kids tested positive before Easter but under GDPR they couldn't be told who. She said you are very close to these kids alot of the time and it's scary not to know if you were with that child.

I can understand snas looking for the vaccine. If they are to do their job right by the child, they need to be decide them and also for hours on end. So even with a mask, they would still be close contacts.

shopkeepers and all can tell the same story, A lot of people don't care about spreading, Our GP had to close as the practise was a close contact. Office staff weren't vaccinated so they were gone 12 days, the doctors opened after four days but they missed a days vaccinations. But the worst was the offending patient knew he was with a Covid positive before coming to the surgery

shopkeepers and all can tell the same story, A lot of people don't care about spreading, Our GP had to close as the practise was a close contact. Office staff weren't vaccinated so they were gone 12 days, the doctors opened after four days but they missed a days vaccinations. But the worst was the offending patient knew he was with a Covid positive before coming to the surgery

Shop keepers are not within 2m for more that 15 minutes with anyone. Plus if you look at contact tracing guidelines, very few would be deemed at risk.

If you share a room with someone for 2hours or more, with or without a mask, you are deemed a close contact, so. Snas are with students all the time.

To counter this measure, regular “mask breaks” are used and windows open.

A school near us had all 30 leaving Certs sent home as close contacts. It was never reported or counted as a school transmission. There is tricking with numbers everywhere.

I bet if you saw the list of people who jumped queues, most would be privileged.

• Advertisement

Daughter works in local shop. There is a deli counter there. There could be 4 of them on the deli at 1 time . No way 2 metres apart. One of the girls left her job and tested positive 2 weeks later. We were blessed she wasn't working there any more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

I thought all the over 70s were done now ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Believe it or not it was in my Green cert I first came across that nugget all those years ago.
    Topsoil is formed from subsoil, from the underlying rock.
    Take away the elements, roots, and organic matter sources, and the life will die out of it and it will revert back to subsoil. Easily tested and proven with a spade.
    All depends on the original quality and what it's wanted for then if it's worth any more than gravel.

It's off a field that was cleared for housing. Big pile, few thousand ton! I want it to fill a few canyon of drains I'm going to pipe, and top up others that have been done a few years.

It's been offered to me at €15/ton. I'd have to move it myself and pay a man with a digger for a good few days to loosen/load it. Gone into big money. Don't think it's worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,866 ✭✭✭enricoh

It's off a field that was cleared for housing. Big pile, few thousand ton! I want it to fill a few canyon of drains I'm going to pipe, and top up others that have been done a few years.

It's been offered to me at €15/ton. I'd have to move it myself and pay a man with a digger for a good few days to loosen/load it. Gone into big money. Don't think it's worth it

Good night! Offer to take it at e15 a ton n meet him in the middle! Was talking to a lad drawing 8 wheelers from dublin to monaghan- only dump they could get into.

enricoh wrote: »
    Good night! Offer to take it at e15 a ton n meet him in the middle! Was talking to a lad drawing 8 wheelers from dublin to monaghan- only dump they could get into.

Sorry now, but I can't decipher what yer on about there (I'm drinking craft beer which may explain it)

Sorry now, but I can't decipher what yer on about there (I'm drinking craft beer which may explain it)

What beer rooster?

Have some hoegarden here, tis nice, haven’t had it in a long while...

What beer rooster?

Got a present of one of the beer boxes from https://beercloud.ie/
    Currently finishing a can of Reel Deel Irish Blonde. It's grand, but wouldn't go mad for it

Edit: Finished that can. Onto this now https://www.eightdegrees.ie/beers/sunburnt/. Tastes pretty much the same as the last can!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

What beer rooster?

On the Moretti myself this evening, the not as strong cousin of Peroni.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement

148multi wrote: »
    I thought all the over 70s were done now ðŸ˜

Great one upmanship going on now, my brother in law is six years older and no sign of him being done, he even has very advanced heart failure so should be done if his GP was any good

Advertisement