Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,317 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

whiterebel wrote: »
    They send them around if there is no AP number on it, to anyone they have registered with the same name.

Would that only be for items that were addressed to the Hatfield address but with no AP number?
    OR are AddressPal handling some customs for general UK deliveries to Irish addresses?

(the address on my package would be my home address not the Hatfield one so this could be a total coincidence)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

AddressPal is the premium (:D:D I know, k I know) service. So I couldn't see them handing over anything that isn't being charged for. is your name of the more common variety? That can widen their search field.

whiterebel wrote: »
    AddressPal is the premium (:D:D I know, k I know) service. So I couldn't see them handing over anything that isn't being charged for. is your name of the more common variety? That can widen their search field.

Yes there are too many ppl with my name and this has caused confusion before (dont join a company when a guy with same name as you has just left)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Billy Bloodshot

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I got a text from Address Pal saying an item had arrived in their depot addressed to my name.

Now I am expecting something from book depository, but I didn't use my AP handle I used my Irish address.
    Could this still have been routed to Address Pal for customs processing?

Don't quite see how an item sent to an Irish address could end up at a totally different address in Hatfield, England. Sure this isn't something you've forgotten about? Look at the customs label address pal have put on the package in your address pal account.

Don't quite see how an item sent to an Irish address could end up at a totally different address in Hatfield, England. Sure this isn't something you've forgotten about? Look at the customs label address pal have put on the package in your address pal account.

I checked in with them and I think I am not the droid they are looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

Nice of addresspal to finally get back to me after giving them the correct value and rate they have responded with the wrong value and wrong rate again. This has been going on since January and I'm just tired and begrudgingly I think I will just pay ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

paulie1983 wrote: »
    Nice of addresspal to finally get back to me after giving them the correct value and rate they have responded with the wrong value and wrong rate again. This has been going on since January and I'm just tired and begrudgingly I think I will just pay ��

Addresspal or ecommchargequery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

spix wrote: »
    Addresspal or ecommchargequery ?

The ecommchargequery which is more or less the same crowd. From my dealings with them they don't really know and understand the various VAT rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

any vat charges for items under 20 pounds from the uk?.using my own address without going through addresspal.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

bassy wrote: »
    any vat charges for items under 20 pounds from the uk?.using my own address without going through addresspal.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058146415

• Advertisement

Still waiting on this item from Addresspal. Paid customs charges nearly 2 weeks ago.
    They really are a complete shambles. Out of 7 orders recently have had problems with 4. Lost parcel never even checked into addresspal account, 1 stuck in Dublin, 1 overcharged 3x, 1 returned to sender.

12 March 2021 02:35

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

08 March 2021 18:14

We have your post in LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB

Still waiting on this item from Addresspal. Paid customs charges nearly 2 weeks ago.
    They really are a complete shambles. Out of 7 orders recently have had problems with 4. Lost parcel never even checked into addresspal account, 1 stuck in Dublin, 1 overcharged 3x, 1 returned to sender.

My item was checked in at near that exact time on the 12th March. Still waiting on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭blade1

VG31 wrote: »
    This company gets good reviews but it's very expensive so unless it's something expensive and/or urgent it wouldn't be economical to use them.

https://www.forward2me.com/
    Looks more like a middle man.
    And yeah crazy expensive.

My item was checked in at near that exact time on the 12th March. Still waiting on it too.

I had another one show up in Dublin 6 minutes later but that was delivered fine. The only difference is the one that was delivered fine, it asked me 2 days before to pay the customs. The one thats stuck in Dublin I got the email much later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I finally got a re-evaluated vat invoice today after nearly 7 weeks.

Package arrived into Dublin early February, I got a VAT invoice but it was calculated based on a value declared by AddressPal which is way more than it should have been.

I challenged it (to that ecomm email address) and sent backup screenshots of what I actually paid. A few placeholders in the meantime ("we are working on clearing out backlog...") until today when they sent an updated invoice.

So there is hope for anyone waiting.

Now to wait and see what state the contents are in....

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

I, too, am fed up with those incompetent eejits from AddressPal (An Post) - first shipment took 3 weeks (!!) to get delivered and my second one was over-estimated 2x resulting in an inflated charge.
    I wrote to their support - after 10 days they reverted saying I need to write to another team ... lo and behold this is still there for a month w/o a peep from them.
    They are totally incompetent and I would warn anyone from using their "service" :(

I ordered the same stuff again - this time opting for delivery with Royal Mail. That cost a few Euro more, but it was delivered within 3 days (by An Post ffs - go figure) ....

So stay away from AddressPal imho - they will only cause you grief !!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

Stone wrote: »
    I, too, am fed up with those incompetent eejits from AddressPal (An Post) - first shipment took 3 weeks (!!) to get delivered and my second one was over-estimated 2x resulting in an inflated charge.
    I wrote to their support - after 10 days they reverted saying I need to write to another team ... lo and behold this is still there for a month w/o a peep from them.
    They are totally incompetent and I would warn anyone from using their "service" :(

I ordered the same stuff again - this time opting for delivery with Royal Mail. That cost a few Euro more, but it was delivered within 3 days (by An Post ffs - go figure) ....

So stay away from AddressPal imho - they will only cause you grief !!

Reminds me of eir customer service :D 3 cust.service employees for whole Ireland. In fairness I do believe they're absolutely understaffed but if you can't get more employees now, then I don't know when you can :D

I just came here to see if I should bother with emails to e-commerce or not regarding overpricing the item by 20 quid...turns out I should just pay it and save myself 50 pounds worth of email, nerves, waiting for the postage, will they return it, did they get back to me, did they received it at all... ... ...

Fwarder wrote: »
    Reminds me of eir customer service :D 3 cust.service employees for whole Ireland. In fairness I do believe they're absolutely understaffed but if you can't get more employees now, then I don't know when you can :D

I just came here to see if I should bother with emails to e-commerce or not regarding overpricing the item by 20 quid...turns out I should just pay it and save myself 50 pounds worth of email, nerves, waiting for the postage, will they return it, did they get back to me, did they received it at all... ... ...

An Post have slashed the workforce, they certainly wouldn't be taking people on for customer service, I wouldn't think. It was pointed out to us in a call centre many moons ago that Customer service/tech support cost the company money, and generated no income.

It seems to be easy enough to send the email and wait for them to respond, I wouldn't let them away with it. Nothing changes if we all just sit back and let them do it incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

They just seem to be getting worse. I have two packages that have been sitting in Dublin parcel hub for over a week. I haven't even been sent a customs notification. I have no problem paying it but it's ridiculous that they're either so far behind or just forgetting to send out notifications. Chasing them down will take a week now probably too just to be sent a bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

brainiac wrote: »
    They just seem to be getting worse. I have two packages that have been sitting in Dublin parcel hub for over a week. I haven't even been sent a customs notification. I have no problem paying it but it's ridiculous that they're either so far behind or just forgetting to send out notifications. Chasing them down will take a week now probably too just to be sent a bill.

Ditto. Had a notification on March 21 that my parcel would be delivered 'in two working days' Still waiting. I won't be using them again - Amazon will clean up when they open the fulfilment centre here.

• Advertisement

I contacted them again today as still no movement and they told me they've now identified the issue and I should get notification of the customs charge soon. Joke

I contacted them again today as still no movement and they told me they've now identified the issue and I should get notification of the customs charge soon. Joke

I got the same email today but I already got the custom charge email 6 hours after it arrived in Dublin. Paid it 2 days later.

Last week, ecommchargequery told me parcel not being held in customs, need to contact anpost.

Anpost - contact addresspal

Addresspal today - parcel being held in customs, contact ecommchargequery.

My item is sitting in their parcel hub since 12th March. I've contacted them numerous times and they've told me they're looking into it.

Today they sent me an email saying this:

The original retailer dispatched the item to Addresspal without the full documentation required for revenue. As a result, no customs reference number has been formed to make the item payable. Once this information is provided we will send you a text, email and postcard asking you to pay any customs that are due. Please allow more time for this item to be delivered.

This makes no sense to me. The retailer doesn't post to Ireland, that's why I and everyone else that uses addresspal use Addresspal. That's the point of it. So why would there be full documentation for Revenue? This is headwrecking.

My item is sitting in their parcel hub since 12th March. I've contacted them numerous times and they've told me they're looking into it.

Today they sent me an email saying this:

The original retailer dispatched the item to Addresspal without the full documentation required for revenue. As a result, no customs reference number has been formed to make the item payable. Once this information is provided we will send you a text, email and postcard asking you to pay any customs that are due. Please allow more time for this item to be delivered.

This makes no sense to me. The retailer doesn't post to Ireland, that's why I and everyone else that uses addresspal use Addresspal. That's the point of it. So why would there be full documentation for Revenue? This is headwrecking.

Was this reply from Addresspal or revenue?
    I have a customs reference number and paid it , still stuck in Dublin since 12th. I don't think they are even doing anything just making stuff up, every time I contact them its a difference response.

Was this reply from Addresspal or revenue?
    I have a customs reference number and paid it , still stuck in Dublin since 12th. I don't think they are even doing anything just making stuff up, every time I contact them its a difference response.

The reply was from Addresspal. It makes no sense. I'm the same, everytime I contact them about it they give me a different answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Just a "heads up" I have started receiving fake "pay now to release your parcel" demands claiming to be from anpost - the real demands have been so bizarre and amateurish that there is a distinct danger of being taken in, so be alert.

As for the rest:
    1 parcel - missing since January
    1 VAT refund - Outstanding since January
    1 Damage claim - outstanding since 2 February

aare wrote: »
    Just a "heads up" I have started receiving fake "pay now to release your parcel" demands claiming to be from anpost - the real demands have been so bizarre and amateurish that there is a distinct danger of being taken in, so be alert.

As for the rest:
    1 parcel - missing since January
    1 VAT refund - Outstanding since January
    1 Damage claim - outstanding since 2 February

1 item delivered and signed to Addresspal, returned to sender for unknown reason. Down €20 from reshipment to Ireland via DPD.
    1 item not showing up at all in Addresspal.
    1 item overvalued 3x, real value under €22 incl addresspal fee, waiting refund on invalid customs charge
    1 item stuck in Dublin Parcel hub for 3 weeks.

3 were ok. Not a very good ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,569 ✭✭✭✭briany

Am I missing something here? Say I order from Amazon UK, and it's an item that for some reason won't ship directly to Ireland. If I get it to the Addresspal address, I've already paid UK VAT on the item, because as far as Amazon are concerned, Addresspal is just a UK address. Does that mean I'm paying double the VAT (the UK VAT, plus the VAT that customs tacks on) or what?

• Advertisement

Yes.

Advertisement