Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah yeah, that happens me with all forums/threads. Seems to be an ongoing issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I get that with the countdown thread on phone for some reason. I can’t see the latest post even thought it tell me one is there. I have to go into the full site to see it!

Only that thread for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭DvB

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/brits-furious-over-shrinkflation-fave-23843078.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Not directly Christmas related but thought it interesting that chocolate topped the items changed most and quality street tubs topped them all.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

TRS30 wrote: »
    I get that with the countdown thread on phone for some reason. I can’t see the latest post even thought it tell me one is there. I have to go into the full site to see it!

Only that thread for some reason.

Only happens me with this thread and Munster thread in rugby forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Caranica wrote: »
    I posted a few months ago about the problem with this thread on mobile. Anyone else not seeing a new page until there are three posts on it? So the thread shows up as having new posts on "my forums" but I can't see the posts unless there are at least two more :(

Happens to me on all forums on the site, the damn glitch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Autosport wrote: »
    Happens to me on all forums on the site, the damn glitch

Only ever happens to me on this thread. I find switching from touch site to full site and back on the phone fixes it.

My default setting is 40 posts per page, so at least that stops it happening too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Hi All. Hope everyone has a very Happy Easter Weekend.

Going to cook a ham and have stuffing, roasters and plenty of mash tomorrow, anyone else having a mini Christmas dinner planned for tomorrow?

ps. Wish I had a few crackers for pulling at the table :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Going to cook a ham and have stuffing, roasters and plenty of mash tomorrow, anyone else having a mini Christmas dinner planned for tomorrow?

Sounds unreal!!

We're getting a takeaway...very bold but we deserve it :D

Hope everyone has a lovely long weekend. Enjoy all the chocolate :D

Leg of lamb for us for dinner on Easter Sunday.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

My family always does that, turkey and ham and everything except sprouts. Alas they're at the other end of the country so it will just be my parents and one sister and her family. My parents look after the kids so they're already in a bubble. Haven't seen them since Christmas and God only knows when we'll be allowed to travel again.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

We've a full homemade Christmas pudding here that we didn't eat at Christmas so we're having that tomorrow along with a turkey and ham dinner.
    AND we're over a quarter of the way there, folks :-)

Full chicken in the oven, going to put some veg and roasters on soon. Eating out the back under the parasall :)

Last of the Christmas selection boxes are going out of date so going to do a pre Easter egg hunt for the kids so they can run around while we have a nice glass of white!

Hope all having a nice Easter so far.

DvB wrote: »

Ooohh nice, have to say lamb is my favourite meat of all. But wife hates it so have to wait till I get back to my Mam's or to a carvery next time I have some.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I wanted lamb for dinner on Sunday as well. But Dunnes were completely cleared out of lamb by Thursday.

So it’ll be rib-eye steak for dinner instead.

Wish I had a few crackers for pulling at the table :)
    I have a box of crackers if you're within 5kms of me. :pac:

Tesco had Easter crackers in stock this year, I'd never seen them for sale there any other year.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

167680469_460103981858433_7736324978345452420_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=FsJldCvEqpoAX-C0R3X&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=61316e20706864d98d59444a3f5224a9&oe=608E141D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

We went to an Easter themed brunch yesterday and it was lovely. There was stuff for the kids, and person dressed up as the Easter bunny, goodie bag and the food was great. I had the lamb, it might be my favorite meat.

The place was so nice that we decided we would do a Christmas brunch there if we end up stuck here this year.

Happy Easter guys.

Hope you all get the eggs you want :D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Jude13 wrote: »
    We went to an Easter themed brunch yesterday and it was lovely. There was stuff for the kids, and person dressed up as the Easter bunny, goodie bag and the food was great. I had the lamb, it might be my favorite meat.

The place was so nice that we decided we would do a Christmas brunch there if we end up stuck here this year.

Sounds lovely Jude:D Things are less rosy here unfortunately. Its a struggle to get a Big Mac here with the queue for the drive in, and that's if you are within 5 kilometres of the McD:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy Easter everyone. Have an eggcellent day! :D

Happy Easter everyone! :)

Looks like another smashing day out there is on the cards, its like the weather is making it up to us for all the restrictions we've endured. So have a happy Easter everyone... looking forward to my roast lamb, mint sauce, roast potatoes and roast veg dinner too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭appledrop

Happy Easter everyone, the Easter bunny arrived here!

Lovely to see another lovely sunny day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Sounds lovely Jude:D Things are less rosy here unfortunately. Its a struggle to get a Big Mac here with the queue for the drive in, and that's if you are within 5 kilometres of the McD:)

I know, I do feel bad after typing that. I have no idea how the vaccine roll out is going so slow at home. Everyone I know is vaccinated or like me awaiting my second jab.

May favorite chipper at home would be within 5km but not sure its even open.

All my pals at home are sending pictures of the lovely weather. They always stick the boot in when its near 50 here and we are stuck indoors for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Jude13 wrote: »
    I know, I do feel bad after typing that. I have no idea how the vaccine roll out is going so slow at home. Everyone I know is vaccinated or like me awaiting my second jab.

May favorite chipper at home would be within 5km but not sure its even open.

All my pals at home are sending pictures of the lovely weather. They always stick the boot in when its near 50 here and we are stuck indoors for months.

I wasn't trying to make you feel bad Jude and there is no reason for you to. Im delighted to see that there is light for you and for us all at the end of the tunnel:D
    Im just jealous really:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

There's a Christmas film on VM3 right now!

It's snowing!!

It's snowing!!

It’s snowing here too. While also being Sunny.

And only yesterday I was sitting out the back in the sun drinking cider. Ireland is mad y’all.

• Advertisement

washiskin wrote: »
    There's a Christmas film on VM3 right now!

Just looked it up there, "Recipe for a Perfect Christmas" sounds very hallmark, was it any good?

Advertisement