Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,193 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Very quiet in here today. Actually quiet on a couple of the other forums I read as well.

Maybe the lifting of the 5km mean people are out and about more!

I was just up to my eyes with work, very little time for anything else today, popped in a couple of times but it seemed quiet so didn't hang around.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    I was just up to my eyes with work, very little time for anything else today, popped in a couple of times but it seemed quiet so didn't hang around.

Up to my eyes in work as well.

Working 12 hour days again at the moment. Looking forward to work easing down and getting back in here and posting more. I miss my Christmas family :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Busy gardening today and have work training from Tomorrow on, hopefully will get Friday off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,341 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

171709215_4005220762919057_8500843703048240412_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=JR19fuiVqSQAX_rCsic&_nc_oc=AQlg-Wr-A5sivpKg5OXygLoGaZ9LOYgnKnqdH3oAb_1W6cCm4_VeTgkuq-Z0HcS6jfw&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=1c012011f0c24bd69ce4a7c6f1863466&oe=609A72FD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Jeepers, that seems like no time at all! Better get a crack on with my Christmas list...I've a few ideas for the Big Man so better get them down before I forget them!

• Advertisement

Remembered that there's a few of you in here that use Alexa, thinking of getting one for the house (kids & herself have mentioned it a good few times now as the neighbours have them) and was wondering what peoples recommendations are? I see there's a few ones (4th Gen Echo Dot ball, 3rd Gen Echo Dot etc) and was wondering whats the best one? Also if looking to stream music whats the best app to sign up to?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I have some 3rd generation dots, a show and a 4th generation dot with a clock.

I detest the new ball shape, thought it might look better in real life but it doesn't. It was a replacement for a faulty 3rd generation with clock so not much choice.

I find the 3rd generation more responsive than the 4th.

The Show is often on offer for around £35 and is great value at that price. The screen is extra handy for seeing timers, watching videos and reading recipes. I've mine connected to my ring doorbell so I can see who's at the door on it too.

I already had Spotify premium so just connected it to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Remembered that there's a few of you in here that use Alexa, thinking of getting one for the house (kids & herself have mentioned it a good few times now as the neighbours have them) and was wondering what peoples recommendations are? I see there's a few ones (4th Gen Echo Dot ball, 3rd Gen Echo Dot etc) and was wondering whats the best one? Also if looking to stream music whats the best app to sign up to?

We have the 4th Gen Echo Dot since Christmas. It is perfect for what we use it for, mainly playing music, ask questions (whats the weather, random questions the kids come up with) and setting reminders.

We use Apple music mainly because we dont have spotify or any other music streaming service. Can't fault it so far.

I wouldn't go as far as to say we couldn't live without it however it is nice to have and I do enjoying playing random songs when they pop into my head if I'm in the kitchen. Was also great for playing Christmas FM for the couple of days it was still live post Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I went down the Google Home route, rather than Alexa. I already have Android TV/phone/tablet etc, so for me it made sense. They become quite addictive though! I now have two minis, one Google Home, a Lenovo Smart Alarm clock in the bedroom, a Nest door bell, a Chromecast and a few smart plugs. They all interact pretty seamlessly. I have them synced up to my Spotify Account too. Great to be able to ask it to play a song that randomly comes into your head.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have, the Echo, The Show and the dot 3rd Gen.

The Echo and Show came when my heating/electricity provider when we signed with them, I'm not rich haha.

The Echo is the most powerful, the Dot is the most compact and neat looking. We use Apple music to stream, but we used to use Spotify so it's whatever one you prefer really, I use TuneIn alot for radion stations especially in the kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Morning Elves I hope you are all keeping well,

I havent had a chance to log on since January it was a mad rush with work to finish up for my maternity leave
    I worked up to 38 weeks, delighted to share our news with you our baby arrived on due date, we have been blessed with a daughter we are all doing well

I look forward to catching up on posts with a cuppa while little miss sleeps soon :) and off course getting all the tips from mammy and daddy elves on here too xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Con'grat Sarah, that is great news :)

Good to hear all doing well.

Fantastic news, SarahLil! Enjoy the snuggles :)

Congrats Sarah, thats great news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Huge congrats Sarah for the arrival of your baby girl !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh huge congratulations SarahLil!! Delighted for you and your family :) Mammy to a 20 month old here and PM is always open...even if it's just to vent about sleep regressions or teething :D

Enjoy the sunshine everyone! Happy Friday :)

jellybear wrote: »
    Awh huge congratulations SarahLil!! Delighted for you and your family :) Mammy to a 20 month old here and PM is always open...even if it's just to vent about sleep regressions or teething :D

Ditto! There's always time for a rant! :P Parenting is wonderful but anyone who says they enjoy every minute are lying :P:D

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Ditto! There's always time for a rant! :P Parenting is wonderful but anyone who says they enjoy every minute are lying :P:D

Amen to that!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭gidget

Congratulations to you & your other half SarahLil on your little bundle of joy

Congrats Sarah!! Great news, is that your first baba?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah, that is fantastic news- congratulations, SarahLil! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Congratulations Sarahlil xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Delighted for you all Sarahlil. The joys will just keep coming now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Oh that's amazing news. Enjoy this precious time xxx

Congratulations on the new arrival. (Look after those fragile Christmas decorations over the next few years.)

I’m getting a take away and somebody is talking about Christmas cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Congratulations SarhLil, so happy to hear your wonderful news this morning. All the very very best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭DenMan

Congratulations SarahLil :)

A little bit more good news for this thread...had my first Pfizer dose today. Will be due my second in 4 weeks. Yay!:D

• Advertisement

jellybear wrote: »
    A little bit more good news for this thread...had my first Pfizer dose today. Will be due my second in 4 weeks. Yay!:D

Nice one. My folks got their first one on Wednesday and it was such a relief... so I can imagine how you feel!

Advertisement