Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Great news, jelly! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jellybear wrote: »
    A little bit more good news for this thread...had my first Pfizer dose today. Will be due my second in 4 weeks. Yay!:D

That is amazing news. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Well it looks like I can come home for a few weeks in the summer as we will be all vaccinated. I am over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Jude13 wrote: »
    Well it looks like I can come home for a few weeks in the summer as we will be all vaccinated. I am over the moon.

Sorry to put a dampener on this but didn't you mention you were getting the Russian vaccine? I was reading this article and the fact that they're only recognising certain vaccines stood out.

Exemptions to mandatory hotel quarantine for fully vaccinated people now in operation https://jrnl.ie/5406098

Hope you can come home. Being away so long must be so tough, the ban on inter county travel here has been hard enough.

No I am lucky in that I have an approved vaccine. Sadly man pals got the Chinese vaccine. I do not think the Russian one is being rolled out here.

Flights booked.

• Advertisement

No I am lucky in that I have an approved vaccine. Sadly man pals got the Chinese vaccine. I do not think the Russian one is being rolled out here.

Flights booked.

That's great news. Sorry if I scared you!!

It's fine I have been reading up on it quite a bit. We will still need to quarantine for a bit then get a negative test. I have a big need to get home but won't divulge here so I am very very happy. Finger's crossed now till July when I can travel

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

250 days until Christmas so we're half ways through the 200's.
    Also it's 6000 hours away!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭DvB

250 days until Christmas so we're half ways through the 200's.
    Also it's 6000 hours away!

Yeah, definitely feels like another milestone has been reached...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Nice one. My folks got their first one on Wednesday and it was such a relief... so I can imagine how you feel!

Same here. Second one due end of April & start of May so be fully covered by mis May as got Pfizer one. Is such a relief and will be able to be much more relaxed about kids going round .

As said in other thread that is greet news Jude. As tough as the last year has been, I can't imagine what it has been like being so far away from family.
    Yeah, definitely feels like another milestone has been reached...

I usually think of the hundred ones as milestone however will take the fifty's as well as need some cheering up on a dull Monday morning :)

• Advertisement

Cheer's TRS, my OH just reminded me that I applied for a new passport in early Jan and the passport office has been closed for some time. Next step get a passport!

Thoughts of flying always remind me of Christmas, lining up movies to watch on the way home.

Cheer's TRS, my OH just reminded me that I applied for a new passport in early Jan and the passport office has been closed for some time. Next step get a passport!

Thoughts of flying always remind me of Christmas, lining up movies to watch on the way home.

Flying seems a distant memory these days. I can't even remember the last time I was on a plane. Before all 'this' I was avoiding it as I have a fear of flying with very young kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well we're into the 240's!
    May Bank holiday.
    Eurovision.
    June Bank Holiday.
    Things reopening.
    We'll be into the 190's!

Well we're into the 240's!
    May Bank holiday.
    Eurovision.
    June Bank Holiday.
    Things reopening.
    We'll be into the 190's!

Will be dusting off the tinsel before we know it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

TRS30 wrote: »
    Will be dusting off the tinsel before we know it :D

I only put mine away mid-Feb :D

No posts on here in 4 days! It's as if the weather is nice or something :D

Just popping in to say I love this forum. So friendly and supportive and positive.

Almost Rudolph day!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Caranica wrote: »

Just popping in to say I love this forum. So friendly and supportive and positive.

Almost Rudolph day!

The nice weather definitely takes from here. But it’s nice weather so we can’t complain :)

Almost Rudolph day!
    Ooh, almost forgot that's tomorrow. :D

I'm feeling very un-Christmassy at the moment, and I mean that as nicely as possible. :pac:

I hope the nice weather lasts until the May bank holiday. I love this time of year- bank holidays galore!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

My current wife tells me she's started Christmas shopping already...for the first time I think she's beaten me to it (although I started saving in January) god damn it.

Posy wrote: »
    Ooh, almost forgot that's tomorrow. :D

I'm feeling very un-Christmassy at the moment, and I mean that as nicely as possible. :pac:

I hope the nice weather lasts until the May bank holiday. I love this time of year- bank holidays galore!

Same. It’s all summer vibes and cider in the sun at the moment. Christmas feels miles away but so close as well.

Sadly according to the Weather apps the nice weather is ending tomorrow :(

• Advertisement

Almost Rudolph day!

Decided to have a digital free weekend as weather was so good. Bar checking the phone the odd time and watching 1 movie Saturday night, was outside most of the weekend.

Hope everyone had a good one and got to enjoy the amazing weather.

Monday is over, and we are inching ever closer to the May bank holiday! :)

Posy wrote: »
    Monday is over, and we are inching ever closer to the May bank holiday! :)

Short week for me too, taking Friday off as well for an extra long bank holiday weekend. Doing the same for the June & August ones too & a full week for the October b/h.
    Without a 2 week break for a sun holiday again this year I have a lot of leave to use up that normally is set aside for sunnier climes so decided to make the bank holidays into a bit more of a break.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Will probably end up doing something similar DvB. Taking a half day this Friday as got tickets for the Zoo. Not going to tell kids till we get there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Taking a half day this Friday as got tickets for the Zoo. Not going to tell kids till we get there :)

Such a lovely surprise!!:D I've asked hubby to book a week in June so we can do a few day trips with our little man. I'll be fully vaccinated by then so I'm looking forward to getting back to a bit of normality!

Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying the lovely weather :)

I have Friday off as well to make the most out of the long weekend :)

Another lovely day today outside. Got a great Lunchtime walk in to soak it all up :)

Loughc wrote: »
    I have Friday off as well to make the most out of the long weekend :)

Another lovely day today outside. Got a great Lunchtime walk in to soak it all up :)

Same, was in the office today so went for a walk at lunchtime through Stephens Green, was fabliss! Glad I did as the weather for the rest of the week looks pretty grotty.

Same, was in the office today so went for a walk at lunchtime through Stephens Green, was fabliss! Glad I did as the weather for the rest of the week looks pretty grotty.

I'd say was a bit different in Stephens Green yesterday compared to the weekend based on some of the videos I saw online yesterday :eek:

I'd say was a bit different in Stephens Green yesterday compared to the weekend based on some of the videos I saw online yesterday :eek:

Didn't see any videos online, but I suspect it was fairly rammed at the weekend if it was anything like the coastal areas. Was pretty busy yesterday too, but not at anything like the levels it would have been pre covid. City centre is still nowhere near anything like normal, but getting busier every time I go in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Cooked a few roast potatoes for dinner this evening and when the tray came out of the oven I said " ah it smells like Christmas in here!" with a big stupid grin on my face.
    Even the wife who knows what a Christmas nut I am had to agree, the smell was magical.

Advertisement