Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

So got the Series X but have a question if I transfer say Forza from my old Xbox to the sx will I the sx download the better version.

Or would be a case of re downloading the new version

Are they rechargeable or do they take batteries?

Because I think that swappable batteries are far superior to a built-in lithium battery. I don't have to worry about recharging, or my device turning into a brick in a few years.

Just like the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I wonder is it a case or just getting lucky with stock at the right time. I've been checking on and off for about a week now and it's always out of stock. A few times it's let me get to check out but then says out of stock again.

Definitely luck. I only looked about getting one on Monday evening and saw that they were sold out. I checked once yesterday and they were in stock briefly - other half was checking all day yesterday as it a birthday present and had no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I wonder is it a case or just getting lucky with stock at the right time. I've been checking on and off for about a week now and it's always out of stock. A few times it's let me get to check out but then says out of stock again.

It could well be, although I am legendary for my bad luck for these sorts of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Because I think that swappable batteries are far superior to a built-in lithium battery. I don't have to worry about recharging, or my device turning into a brick in a few years.

Just like the controller.

They're built in. At the rate I charge them (once a month so far) I'm not the slightest bit concerned about degradation.

I have a vague memory of a video of somebody swapping a battery in one of the steelseries models. From what I can tell, the design is the same for most of the models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

These new Wireless headphones work on chat games like fortnite?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Darren 83 wrote: »
    So got the Series X but have a question if I transfer say Forza from my old Xbox to the sx will I the sx download the better version.

Or would be a case of re downloading the new version

The Series X will download the optimized version.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I've been waiting for the Xbox headset to come back in stock but I've a PS5 as well so just said screw it and paid the extra for the artic 7x there. I take it you need to move the usb dongle between the consoles when you want to switch? Actually considering these work with the Switch too and you can't even use a wired headset on that when docked the I think it's definitely worth the extra if you have multiple consoles.

I've been waiting for the Xbox headset to come back in stock but I've a PS5 as well so just said screw it and paid the extra for the artic 7x there. I take it you need to move the usb dongle between the consoles when you want to switch? Actually considering these work with the Switch too and you can't even use a wired headset on that when docked the I think it's definitely worth the extra if you have multiple consoles.

Yes, you will also need to change the position of the toggle switch from Xbox to usb and visa versa.

The Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox and 7x work wirelessly with the Switch both docked and undocked.

Headsets in stock on Xbox.co.uk now. Quick quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Liamalone wrote: »
    Headsets in stock on Xbox.co.uk now. Quick quick

Import charges though?

Import charges though?

I'm in the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

All gone

Removal of Gold requirement for F2P games, lfg and party chat is now being tested in the Alpha testing ring.

https://twitter.com/WorkWombatman/status/1374776344052072450?s=19

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Removal of Gold requirement for F2P games, lfg and party chat is now being tested in the Alpha testing ring.

https://twitter.com/WorkWombatman/status/1374776344052072450?s=19

Dolby Vision for games is also in there too, at least in Alpha Skip. The builds are in bits though, really rough state altogether, I've never seen so many bugs in a build for so long, and I've been in the program since the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Ordered the wireless headphones on Tuesday and they arrived this morning, excellent shipping! Tried them out for a couple of minutes and so far the sound is good and they're super comfy. Worked straight away with my iPad too over bluetooth. I'll try the chat tonight on read dead online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Had the Series X couple of days now and noticed an issue with audio cracking and popping especially when going In and out of menus and now and again while playing Forza Horizon 4. Changed few different settings checked and the cable still the same atm.

Looked it up seems I'm not the only one it's fairly common, unfortunately.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Had the Series X couple of days now and noticed an issue with audio cracking and popping especially when going In and out of menus and now and again while playing Forza Horizon 4. Changed few different settings checked and the cable still the same atm.

Looked it up seems I'm not the only one it's fairly common, unfortunately.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I get that when I plug headphones into the controller. Oddly enough, adjusting the volume in the menu to maximum fixed it.

:confused:

I get that when I plug headphones into the controller. Oddly enough, adjusting the volume in the menu to maximum fixed it.

:confused:

It's mainly when going between menus or quick starting games for me. Forza then as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Have not had that issue.
    I always play with earbud headphones wired connection to controller.
    Maybe, try different headphones.
    Also, try updating your controller.

Is the same problems happening when outputting sound through TV ?

• Advertisement

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Have not had that issue.
    I always play with earbud headphones wired connection to controller.
    Maybe, try different headphones.
    Also, try updating your controller.

Is the same problems happening when outputting sound through TV ?

I've only tried it through my speakers for now.

I've only tried it through my speakers for now.

Ok. Annoying.

I'm not going to do better than a google search ... but ...

Connect controller directly wired to xbox and turn off xbox network connection or use wired ethernet connection. Wondering if it's some wireless interference.
    Maybe even reposition XBox.

Also, try turning off "advanced" features on the XBOX: e.g. 120 FPS -> 60 FPS; no VRR; advanced sound settings; if these are on. Then you could try adding them back one by one if the problem goes away. Maybe it's some TV/XBox settings clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,888 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Has anyone else had trouble moving/copying Cyberpunk '77 onto the internal SSD of a series X from an external HD?

There's enough room, everything else moves fine, but C'77 always stops at exactly 37 GB and then remains frozen. Pausing and un-pausing doesn't work, copying instead of moving doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I know this is off topic but I recommend the disc drive. 2 games I wanted are still €70 on the MS store but €25 and €30 on Smyths.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I know this is off topic but I recommend the disc drive. 2 games I wanted are still €70 on the MS store but €25 and €30 on Smyths.

Yep, lots more options with disk drive for now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

cnocbui wrote: »
    Has anyone else had trouble moving/copying Cyberpunk '77 onto the internal SSD of a series X from an external HD?

There's enough room, everything else moves fine, but C'77 always stops at exactly 37 GB and then remains frozen. Pausing and un-pausing doesn't work, copying instead of moving doesn't work.

That happened me before on original Xbox One or even my One X. The problem is the files you are trying to transfer are glitched. So when transferring the OS is detecting an error and stopping the transfer.

Only way to fix it is delete the game and redownload.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,888 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That happened me before on original Xbox One or even my One X. The problem is the files you are trying to transfer are glitched. So when transferring the OS is detecting an error and stopping the transfer.

Only way to fix it is delete the game and redownload.

I gave in earlier and just deleted them and reinstalled. Thank goodness for fibre.

New premium Xbox headset from B&O announced, €499. :pac:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/30/introducing-designed-for-xbox-bang-and-olufsen-beoplay-portal-headphones/

Some nice features, but still not worth at least €100 more than the current top model Sony ANC headphones, even for Xbox wireless support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/30/introducing-designed-for-xbox-bang-and-olufsen-beoplay-portal-headphones/

Some nice features, but still not worth at least €100 more than the current top model Sony ANC headphones, even for Xbox wireless support.

You'd have to be gone in the head. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Bonkers. I look at xbox wireless support as a bad thing (lots of connectivity issues with many different wireless headsets) and it's actually a reason I went for the Arctis 7x over 9x. Battery life doesn't seem great either although they specifically mention running all 3 main features so I'd be interested* to see how they last with just xbox connection. Sound quality from wireless headsets can only go so far and I was hard pushed to drop up to £200 in my search so there is not the faintest chance I'd consider these. Meh I'm sure somebody will though

*very loose term

Advertisement