Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

yermandan wrote: »
    Oh man Killian's piece on A Life in the Day of Murph was feckin gas

It sounds like Murph lives the average day of a college student with frosties and beans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭deisedude

bamayang wrote: »
    Is it O Toole that sometimes used to stand in on OTB back about 3 years ago? Someone like him used to, and for some reason they used to be always going on about Gerrard and Rafa at Liverpool. Am I thinking of the wrong man?

He was a regular on the Sunday paper review

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

yermandan wrote: »
    Oh man Killian's piece on A Life in the Day of Murph was feckin gas

I was driving home and had to take the long way back to get the last of it. Some diet for a gaa player...

Wonder what the 2000th episode will bring?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

For about 40 minutes....
    I don’t blame the players or the manager. John Delaney basically destroyed football here for a very long time.

John Delaney could run FIFA.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

There are (rare enough) times when I question- “is the subscription to the pod worth it?” and then something like ‘A Day in the life of Murph’ comes along and I question no more. Brilliant stuff.

Does murph work besides the pod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Lavar on todays pod was brilliant :D

Lavar on todays pod was brilliant :D

€110 well spent I'm sure: https://www.cameo.com/lavarball

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Good fun show today although it felt like being at a party and getting stuck beside the Designated Drivers table when the rugby section came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

RedRochey wrote: »
    It sounds like Murph lives the average day of a college student with frosties and beans :D

The cinnamon sugar on a buttered bagel sounds amazing though, its gone on my shopping list this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

healy1835 wrote: »
    There's history between the lads and Roy Curtis isn't there? I kind of remember Curtis, in a 'New Year Predictions' type piece, predicting the lads to disappear even further up their own asses in the year ahead! Back in the OTB days maybe?

I really enjoyed Ken ripping the pi$$ out of him yesterday. Curtis is some spoofer.

Curtis is some man to be accusing anybody of disappearing up their own ass. His writing is toe curling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Spectacular audio of a young hungover Eoghan. Particularly liked how absolutely partied out he sounded talking to B O'D

That voice change through over time is really something. The only thing I can compare it to is how Pacino's voice changed through the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

humberklog wrote: »
    Good fun show today although it felt like being at a party and getting stuck beside the Designated Drivers table when the rugby section came on.

A spookily accurate comment.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Am I the only one hoping they'll unearth more social commentary from young Eoin over the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Arghus wrote: »
    That voice change through over time is really something. The only thing I can compare it to is how Pacino's voice changed through the years.

Maybe he's secretly a 60 a day man :pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Going to be difficult to defend Kenny now, I hope Gene gives us some entertainment at least

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

The pod on Monday will be interesting

Cienciano wrote: »
    Going to be difficult to defend Kenny now, I hope Gene gives us some entertainment at least

If the FAI has been run properly there is a good chance ricccccceeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr and hair/shin pads would be in a team. It’s going to take a long long time for Irish soccer to recover, firing Kenny won’t change that.

Only saw a scrap of the post match coverage, but Richie wasn't holding back...

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

den87 wrote: »
    The pod on Monday will be interesting

All 19 mins of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭deisedude

All 19 mins of it :pac:

Thats 19 minutes too long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Dante

Ken will be on Totally Football Weekly tomorrow with Jimbo! Is that a first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Ken will be on Totally Football Weekly tomorrow with Jimbo! Is that a first?

Tis.

"Slightly later than usual on a Monday, check back in at lunchtime when Jimbo will be joined by Daniel Storey, Sasha Goryunov and Charlie Eccleshare to digest the Republic of Ireland's shock defeat to Luxembourg with Ken Early, preview England's clash with Poland and gaze upon football's finest statues. Plus we'll watch Daniel and Sasha go head to head in the Inter Totally Cup!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

If there is only a sh1tty 15 min pod today and a long rugby pod....I will just...well....I will complain about it here and be annoyed about it when I skip over the inevitable rugby pod.

It will be a joke if they don't discuss the Ireland situation in depth today.

Raoul wrote: »
    If there is only a sh1tty 15 min pod today and a long rugby pod....I will just...well....I will complain about it here and be annoyed about it when I skip over the inevitable rugby pod.

Not giving Ken’s reaction to SPURS: Jose humiliation/exit in the Europa league was a criminal act.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,140 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Raoul wrote: »

63903839.jpg

I'm sure they will discuss the Ireland situation in depth...by focusing on the most pressing aspect of it - Sky's choice of co-commentator for the Luxemburg match...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Not giving Ken’s reaction to SPURS: Jose humiliation/exit in the Europa league was a criminal act.

Yeah but of course, it was Thursday night and only a Tuesday football pod. Crazy, really was looking forward to that but sure I'm lile everyone else has nearly forgotten about it now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

63903839.jpg

I'm sure they will discuss the Ireland situation in depth...by focusing on the most pressing aspect of it - Sky's choice of co-commentator for the Luxemburg match...

Who was that, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Who was that, then?

Andy Townsend but that wasn’t the point.

The point was that second captains and others were displeased with Mick McCarthy’s role as co comm in Stephen Kenny’s matches last year.... as opposed to concentrating on analyzing the happenings on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,140 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Andy Townsend but that wasn’t the point.

The point was that second captains and others were displeased with Mick McCarthy’s role as co comm in Stephen Kenny’s matches last year.... as opposed to concentrating on analyzing the happenings on the pitch.

Yep, fine to make the point forcefully once, but Ken kept making it the focus of his analysis for match after match...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ken was on form on totally football show.

Advertisement