Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dragx

Honestly lads, PAS are great at getting back to e-mails. Not worth following the Chinese whispers in this thread, you can e-mail them and they'll probably be back same day. I'd like to add I was also told there's no plans to extend this campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

claregal1 wrote: »
    Hi is that 64 for Limerick or Tipp ? As I emailed this morning and they said only 25 called for Limerick and 11 for Clare for anyone interested.
    Sorry 64 for tipp & 25 limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaal1

Hey, does anyone know what batch they're on at present? I'm batch 21 OOM is in the 40s. Just wondering if there is any chance being called before the panel ends.
    Thanks

May not be the right thread but does anyone know if COs fall under the essential worker list for driving tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

dragx wrote: »
    May not be the right thread but does anyone know if COs fall under the essential worker list for driving tests?

It would depend on your department I would imagine. Many departments are WFH. Garda Staff have been marked as essential and are in albeit at reduced capacity to ensure social distancing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 dubbloke100

Like quite a few others, I received an email on 3/3/21 to say I was successful at interview for C.O. Customs and finished OOM 54 in Dublin, batch 6.

Still no word from anybody regarding garda checks etc. I lived in both the UK and Spain, will that delay my clearance?

Will I get offered a position having placed OOM 54?

I have been self employed for 16 years. Who will they ask for references in that case?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Like quite a few others, I received an email on 3/3/21 to say I was successful at interview for C.O. Customs and finished OOM 54 in Dublin, batch 6.

Still no word from anybody regarding garda checks etc. I lived in both the UK and Spain, will that delay my clearance?

Will I get offered a position having placed OOM 54?

I have been self employed for 16 years. Who will they ask for references in that case?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

I asked PAS about police clearance as I also lived abroad. They told me that if it’s more than 5 years ago, it’s fine.

However, I’m still going to get my Spanish police clearance as it a pain in the behind.

You need to fill in a form from the ministry of justice website, pay €3.87 in a bank and get a receipt, make an appointment with the Spanish embassy in Dublín, go there with your passport and a photocopy, pay them €10, they stamp your passport photocopy and then you send it all back to Spain! Getting an appointment is a nightmare. I initially got one for May 10th but have managed to get one for March 22 now.

I’d advise you to start that process too, just in case!

Tiafleur wrote: »
    I asked PAS about police clearance as I also lived abroad. They told me that if it’s more than 5 years ago, it’s fine.

However, I’m still going to get my Spanish police clearance as it a pain in the behind.

You need to fill in a form from the ministry of justice website, pay €3.87 in a bank and get a receipt, make an appointment with the Spanish embassy in Dublín, go there with your passport and a photocopy, pay them €10, they stamp your passport photocopy and then you send it all back to Spain! Getting an appointment is a nightmare. I initially got one for May 10th but have managed to get one for March 22 now.

I’d advise you to start that process too, just in case!
    Thanks for replying.

I left Spain 17 years ago and the UK 24 years ago. Can I take it that they will not need police checks therefore as it is more than 5 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Thanks for replying.

I left Spain 17 years ago and the UK 24 years ago. Can I take it that they will not need police checks therefore as it is more than 5 years ago?

Ah! Well that’s what a PAS employee told me when I emailed but I’m getting mine just in case someone else tells me differently! The TCO 2021 clearance forms state ‘within the last 5 years’ so I didn’t need it for that. Maybe someone on here who has already got a position could confirm if it’s also the case for permanent CO?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Thanks for replying.

Email Pass and clarification from the horses mouth so to speak.
    The folks in Pas are very helpful and dont bite.

• Advertisement

I would have thought all the checks would be done on a police to police basis through AGS, but as above contact PAS and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,688 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I would have thought all the checks would be done on a police to police basis through AGS, but as above contact PAS and check.

That's not how vetting works now.

If you've lived overseas, its up to you to get police certificates for places where you spent 6+ months.

That's not how vetting works now.

If you've lived overseas, its up to you to get police certificates for places where you spent 6+ months.

I didn't have to and I went through enhanced vetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lilywhite 1928

Does anyone know if clerical officers will still have the option to WFH when the pandemic is over?

Does anyone know if clerical officers will still have the option to WFH when the pandemic is over?

Union is pushing for it but I have my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Souptar

Dudelove wrote: »
    Hi what OOM were you if you don't mind me asking
    I was originally OOM 130 or 140ish I believee

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Souptar

Hi all. I was asked for the following in an email:

"Reference contact details for the last 12 months-please provide the name and email address of 2 referees. One of these references will be from your current employer if you are in employment."

I've been unemployed for longer than a year. Should I just give 2 references from jobs I mentioned in my application form?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Souptar wrote: »

"Reference contact details for the last 12 months-please provide the name and email address of 2 referees. One of these references will be from your current employer if you are in employment."

I've been unemployed for longer than a year. Should I just give 2 references from jobs I mentioned in my application form?

Yea that would suffice I’d say, what county did u get?

Same happened to me. I was told a character reference was fine, so if you're involved in any clubs etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

That would really depend on the department and the specific division or section you get. I know Forsa are working on adapting the strategy for remote working announced by Varadkar to suit the the civil service as not all roles can work remotely so it’s needs more time to be worked through.

I think it is very much going to be the norm for standard office workers anyway. I’m currently working 3 days remotely at the moment and even when restrictions were eased last year for a while I was still only working 2 days in the office.

It’s fine by me. Some people prefer to be in the office more and my dept are facilitating that. Some haven’t set foot in the office since this time last year. Other areas I know of have pretty much all staff working remotely since the very beginning of all this. The some offices have always had remote working as an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Anyone get offered a position lately in Dublin? My vetting etc. is done since last Monday and i'm waiting curiously to hear something.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the answer, starting wage for a clerical officer is 471.20, can anyone tell me after tax what take home pay will be approx? Just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Im currently on point 10 of CO scale with HSE. Would that transfer to civil service?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the answer, starting wage for a clerical officer is 471.20, can anyone tell me after tax what take home pay will be approx? Just curious

Going on previous responses to this question, around €400 p.w.

Your personal circumstances may alter this a bit e.g. married/single, pension etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Im currently on point 10 of CO scale with HSE. Would that transfer to civil service?

Going on previous responses to this question, yes.

Might be worth asking PAS before you commit though...have they offered you a position?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,688 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Note that some of them don't even have the option now. The mail doesn't open and scan itself, files don't put themselves away, etc.

I didn't have to and I went through enhanced vetting.

Unusual. Many organisations now require it - but thankfully the cert only has to be from after you left the other country, so getting it once will do forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Icbaby

Based on your credits but on a normal credit, not joint and no added I think mine was around €397 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Valentine01

I was in a similar position. Ive contacted one of my previous employers (worked there only for 3months), but the staff changed over the year so no one knew me (and they dont have HR), so it was impossible to get a reference from them. I gave a reference from my college tutor. Keep in mind, no one wants to give written references, they prefer to do it over the phone (GDPR and stuff). But the PAS person was very nice and understanding and was happy with the college tutor reference. I'd say contact your college or some institution that you were involved. I know its tricky to get the references, I feel your pain :D

Anyone get offered a position lately in Dublin? My vetting etc. is done since last Monday and i'm waiting curiously to hear something.

For anybody waiting on batch 6 Dublin, I got an email from Revenue this morning to say they are currently at OOM34.

Do you mind me asking, which order of merit did you get after interview?

I'd imagine you should hear something very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

For anybody waiting on batch 6 Dublin, I got an email from Revenue this morning to say they are currently at OOM34.

Do you mind me asking, which order of merit did you get after interview?

I'd imagine you should hear something very soon.

I'm in the general CO stream. After the interview I was placed in the late teens of batch 20. Got contacted for clearance at a week and a half ago. Garda vetting disclosure was viewed last Tuesday. Fingers crossed I hear something soon.

Advertisement