Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I don't believe it will be used to control people. I had never heard of 5g until all of this began.

It's the mask thing in the leaked game plan that is most concerning. That's why I'm doing research on it. It would help if a single country in the world would get rid of masks completely. That would mean the mask thing is bogus. But none has. Texas lifted it, but private businesses can still impose mask requirements. And of course people have to wear them on public transport as per federal law.

OK so the 5g thing is wrong... Brilliant.
    Why should we trust anything else in the post so?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

If the game plan was leaked in March or April of last year then do you think it could be argued that it's legit?

I don't know enough about 5g to be able to comment on it. I don't know. But, as I said, just because the 5g thing doesn't mean that the other things are.

So you believe a screenshot on Twitter that the WEF have literally called their evil plan to take over the world the "WEF Technocratic Gameplan"? :pac: Is there anything you don't believe? I'm certain if in the middle of that "gameplan" someone put "Release unicorns into every garden in the world" you would absolutely swallow it hook, line and sinker without question.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

A mutated new strain is included in the leaked WEF technocratic game plan: https://twitter.com/TradCatKnight/status/1352332152768241666

I don't know whether the roadmap is legit or not, but the points there are ticks next appear to have all happened.

So I was bored for 5 seconds there and Googled her name. Seems that she's an osteopath who made some claims about the vaccines last June.

Quite why anyone would take the opinion of an osteopath regarding vaccine safety, or 5G mobile technology, or anything other than why it is that their knee hurts, I don't know:

https://www.bbc.com/news/53525002

Maybe consider their restaurant recommendations, but certainly nothing much else without good reason.

Edit: Seems that she was also at the Maga rally / insurrection warm up show on 6th January.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en/article/88avy5/a-qanon-doctor-who-spoke-at-the-capitol-riots-said-the-covid-vaccine-is-a-witches-brew

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

robinph wrote: »
    Quite why anyone would take the opinion of an osteopath regarding vaccine safety, or 5G mobile technology, or anything other than why it is that their knee hurts, I don't know:

Because she has "Dr" in front of her name and some people are very gullible.

This "Dr" thing is a regular tactic. No one bothers to check what they're actually a doctor of.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/mar/03/global-lockdown-every-two-years-needed-to-meet-paris-co2-goals-study

I wouldn’t bet against on/off lock downs being the new norm with stuff like this being regurgitated more and more by news outlets and powerful people such as this forums favourite villains such as Billy Gates and co. We will all be used to it by the time that becomes the new pandemic in their eyes.

Would love to be wrong but it seems inevitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/mar/03/global-lockdown-every-two-years-needed-to-meet-paris-co2-goals-study

I wouldn’t bet against it on/off lock downs being the new norm with stuff like this being regurgitated more and more by news outlets and powerful people such as this forums favourite villain Billy Gates. It’s inevitable isn’t it? We will all be used to it by the time that becomes the new pandemic in their eyes.

Not quite sure I get the point on this

Lockdowns are used to reduce the spread of the virus, however as a side-effect, due to e.g. less traffic on the roads during the period, carbon emissions also naturally dropped.

The article is claiming that we need the equivalent of that every 2 years for the next decade just to stay within "safe" limits. Maybe I am understanding you wrong, but are you suggesting that governments all over the world will secretly manufacture reasons to have lockdowns just to hit that target within a decade?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yay, new poster.

What is the claim here?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

bigsuge1 wrote: »

I wouldn’t bet against on/off lock downs being the new norm with stuff like this being regurgitated more and more by news outlets and powerful people such as this forums favourite villains such as Billy Gates and co. We will all be used to it by the time that becomes the new pandemic in their eyes.

Would love to be wrong but it seems inevitable.

Working from home, move to electric mass transport etc will surely be accelerated to reduce carbon emissions. There won't be on and off lockdowns forever - that's just ludicrous. Of course the conspiracy theorists will claim this is evidence of an evil agenda and that shady characters like George Soros and Klaus Schwab and Bill Gates are behind it all.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

If the game plan was leaked in March or April of last year then do you think it could be argued that it's legit?

I don't know enough about 5g to be able to comment on it. I don't know. But, as I said, just because the 5g thing doesn't mean that the other things are.

Does this "game plan" trump the economic policies of every country in the world?
    I really don't understand how it can work. Maybe you can explain it a little bit better for me?
    Apparently we aren't going to own anything but we will be happy? Is that true?

aido79 wrote: »
    Apparently we aren't going to own anything but we will be happy? Is that true?

A Danish MP wrote about it and someone in the WEF office tweeted it, so that's it, straight into global worldwide legislation for every country.

Paragraph 1, section 1: "You won't own anything by 2030"

Might as well start selling up your possessions now while they are worth something..

• Advertisement

And I almost forgot, a "New World Order" is coming because children used the phrase in a song. I love the comic book villain scenarios that conjures up, all the world leaders sat around in a hollowed out volcano:

"Sir we need to secretly drop clues that we are about to take over the world"

- "Uh why?"

"That doesn't matter right now, Johnson has a fiendish plan to put it in a children's song, that will make it extra sinister"

- Evil laughter all around

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

sabat wrote: »
    You have no interest in these topics. Why are you here? If conspiracy theorists are sad saps then the the people who follow them around obsessively trying to gain some imaginary status boost must truly be the dregs.

It sounds like you'd prefer to just hear from people who agree you, and that's natural.
    One consequence would be, if you're wrong you'll never find out, but that's your own business.

However an important reason why these things should not go unchallenged in a public forum is the fact that last September the OP said
    "you should join the demonstrations next Saturday at 2.00pm at the Customs House and the Dáil in Dublin.".
    This was at a time when the virus was circulating, and large gatherings were prohibited to try to keep it in check.

So it's all very well if you say "we just want to have fun, and play on our own, and if we're wrong so what".
    But some of this can affect things in the real world!

If your unchallenged words made more people believe this sort of thing,
    and they then also turned up at marches,
    and helped spread the virus,
    then it stops just being a bit of fun for you, and turns into a danger for the rest of the community, and lengthens the lockdown, etc.

As I say, I have an open mind. But all of the things with ticks next to them appear to have happened. Let's see what happens with the other things. There are more things than just 5G listed in that leaked game plan. The 5G thing being bogus doesn't mean that the other things are bogus.

Would you agree that it appears to be the case that the things with ticks next to them have happened?

I just had a look at "the leaked WEF technocratic game plan" on that twitter page, and it brought a smile to my face.

Do you really think that is a "leaked game plan"?
    Do you really think it looks like something leaked from the WEF or anywhere else?

Where does it say it's leaked, is it not just something done up by tradcatknight to discuss with his/her guest on the podcast?

Because they haven't announced the changes yet. But we can surmise that they will change the world given that Klaus Schwab has repeatedly said that going back to normal will not happen and that the changes will cause people to speak of BC and AC.

But they will be announced in August.

What makes Schwab's opinion on going back to normal any more important than say the Taoiseach, or Leo Varadkar, or Simon Covney, or Macron, or Merkel, etc?
    What power does Schwab have? He's not even in government anywhere!

What's happening in the world is out there for all to see, and lots of people have opinions on what the future might bring, Schwab is just one more.

As regards people speaking of BC and AC, I hadn't heard of that till you mentioned it. However Covid has been a pretty big event, and will leave a mark, even if only on the working from home side of things, and perhaps we will be advised to wear masks if new strains of covid or flu start to circulate in Winter, so it's not a surprising concept of BC vs AC.

And, just on wearing masks, I think you may misunderstand the purpose of masks.
    I noticed you asked before, why don't they let us take our chances if we don't want to wear masks.

The point is that your low tech cloth mask protects other people from your exhaled virus, it doesn't protect you!
    The higher spec N95 masks would protect you from other people's virus, but are more expensive,
    and ironically may offer less protection to other people if you had the virus.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    A Danish MP wrote about it and someone in the WEF office tweeted it, so that's it, straight into global worldwide legislation for every country.

Paragraph 1, section 1: "You won't own anything by 2030"

Might as well start selling up your possessions now while they are worth something..

It must be true if it's on Twitter. I that's been the main source of information used by conspiracy theorists on this thread.

Might be time to get the house valued...before it starts to drop in value after the big announcement in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I’ve yet to hear why The Great Reset author Klaus Schwab who is 82 wants to rule the world with his cronies. Why? To what benefit? Why would he be arsed at his age?

I’ve yet to hear why The Great Reset author Klaus Schwab who is 82 wants to rule the world with his cronies. Why? To what benefit? Why would he be arsed at his age?

George Soros is 90...age doesn't seem to be holding him back either.

Adrenochrome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Do lizard people live longer than regular hoomans?

JJayoo wrote: »

How do the lizard people control people via 5G? Surely their claws won't work on the phone touchscreens?

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »

I think they're actually immortal..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

robinph wrote: »
    So I was bored for 5 seconds there and Googled her name. Seems that she's an osteopath who made some claims about the vaccines last June.

https://www.bbc.com/news/53525002

Maybe consider their restaurant recommendations, but certainly nothing much else without good reason.

Edit: Seems that she was also at the Maga rally / insurrection warm up show on 6th January.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en/article/88avy5/a-qanon-doctor-who-spoke-at-the-capitol-riots-said-the-covid-vaccine-is-a-witches-brew

Osteopaths are still doctors. They have studied anatomy and diseases and trauma for years. Your comment is like saying "What would an electronics engineer know about mathematics or physics?" because in order to get a degree in Engineering, any branch of Engineering you still have to study advanced Mathematics for 3 out of the 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

The Nal wrote: »
    Because she has "Dr" in front of her name and some people are very gullible.

This "Dr" thing is a regular tactic. No one bothers to check what they're actually a doctor of.

I think the "Dr" certainly qualifies her as more of an authority on vaccine safety than anyone on here who hasn't got a degree in medicine. The 5G thing is a different story.

Osteopaths are still doctors. They have studied anatomy and diseases and trauma for years. Your comment is like saying "What would an electronics engineer know about mathematics or physics?" because in order to get a degree in Engineering, any branch of Engineering you still have to study advanced Mathematics for 3 out of the 4 years.

Nope, it would be like considering the opinion of your local mechanic above that of an entire F1 team when asking questions about car aerodynamics and tyres and engines when travelling at speed around a racetrack.

Because your mate Bob the mechanic said something about why the driver spun off at the last corner doesn't make it true when the entire F1 team who designed and built the car say otherwise.

Qualified or professional individuals are not immune from having insane or nonsensical beliefs, e.g. that osteopath from the US who believes that the vaccines alter the recipients DNA (they don't) and that the vaccines would "hook us all up to an artificial intelligence interface".

I think the "Dr" certainly qualifies her as more of an authority on vaccine safety than anyone on here who hasn't got a degree in medicine.

It doesn't. As mentioned in my previous comment, an individual can believe anything, no matter how qualified they are. Which is why we look at expert consensus.

People with extreme beliefs will seek out and gravitate towards individual experts who support their beliefs, but crucially they will ignore the consensus of all the other experts which refutes that belief. It's a type of "appeal to authority" fallacy that conspiracy theorists rely on to make illogical or faulty arguments.

And no matter how zany the belief (flat-earth, lizard people, etc) there will always be an individual expert or experts in some field who believe in it.

I think the "Dr" certainly qualifies her as more of an authority on vaccine safety than anyone on here who hasn't got a degree in medicine. The 5G thing is a different story.

Don't think anyone is especially claiming to be experts on vaccines. We are capable of figuring out which experts opinion is likely to be more valid regarding vaccines though, and it's not the one who fixes your hurty knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Would she be more of an expert than Anthony Fauci?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

What evidence for her claims does she supply beyond "I have "Dr." in front of my name and I say so."?

What in particular convinced you that the vaccines were going to alter our DNA to allow us to be connected to an AI?

• Advertisement

To use your engineering analogy. Would you expect a mechanical engineer to know everything about 5G just because they've studied engineering?
    You do realise that just because someone has studied one area of medicine and may even be classed as a world renowned expert in that particular area it doesn't mean they know everything about health and medicine?

If I ever get covid19 in my knee I'll take the advice of an oesteopath. Until then I'll stick with the opinions of people who understand respiratory diseases and methods of treating them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement