Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

The families of over two million people would disagree with you.

How many died of covid not with covid? Do you have that figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

GT89 wrote: »
    Covid 19 is not a severe virus.

It's killed 2+ million people, and that's with worldwide lockdown measures. Without those measures, it certainly would have killed many more, and if health systems would have been overwhelmed that isn't worth thinking about how many would have died from not just the virus, but being unable to receive medical help for anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How many died of covid not with covid? Do you have that figure?

Ah would ya ever go away with this tired silly argument.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    How does this virus spread? If via airborne and droplets, then why wouldn't masks, social distancing and lockdowns not reduce the spread?

Same as the flu no masks for the flu. Did you only realise in mid 2020 that masks were effective at stopping airborne viruses if not could you please tell why were you not campaigning for masks to prevent flu?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Covid 19 is not a severe virus. I find it funny that the CDC are telling people they can meet without masks when I have been meeting my friends for the last 9 months without masks

You haven't answered the question. Please answer at least one question in this entire thread.

• Advertisement

Same as the flu no masks for the flu. Did you only realise in mid 2020 that masks were effective at stopping airborne viruses if not could you please tell why were you not campaigning for masks to prevent flu?

Because it wasn't feasible for the entire world to suddenly start wearing masks for an illness that has been around for centuries, that we have built up resistances for, that have vaccines for and wasn't threatening to overwhelm health systems.

Covid on the other hand was a new disease which we knew little about, was highly infectious, was more deadly than season flu, we didn't have a vaccine and was (and still is) threatening to overwhelm national health systems.

You haven't answered the question. Please answer at least one question in this entire thread.

Covid is transmitted in the same way as flu. No masks for flu masks for covid. Masks for covid not nessecary in April, May or June 2020, masks suddenly nessecary from August 2020.

Because it wasn't feasible for the entire world to suddenly start wearing masks for an illness that has been around for centuries, that we have built up resistances for, that have vaccines for and wasn't threatening to overwhelm health systems.

Covid on the other hand was a new disease which we knew little about, was highly infectious, was more deadly than season flu, we didn't have a vaccine and was (and still is) threatening to overwhelm national health systems.

As posted a few minutes ago, CDC drops mask requirements for vaccinated people. But to some posters they can't seem to link vaccinations with restrictions. It's hardly rocket science, if they spent more time thinking and less avoiding answering simple questions then this forum would be empty.

Covid is transmitted in the same way as flu. No masks for flu masks for covid. Masks for covid not nessecary in April, May or June 2020, masks suddenly nessecary from August 2020.

That's not an answer to the question you were asked. Stop dodging. It's embarrassing.

And if covid was allowed spread we would have built up immunity to that too. If it wasn't feasible to make everyone wear masks for flu then why is it feasible for covid?

• Advertisement

Masks for covid not nessecary in April, May or June 2020, masks suddenly nessecary from August 2020.

All of your points so far are based on ignorance about Covid and measures, which have been brought up here many times before.

When the virus really broke in March/April there was debate over the masks, in some places they were mandatory, in other places they were encouraged. As time progressed and we had more information we could see that masks were indeed effective, and as such they became mandatory in many more situations, especially as the second wave hit

And if covid was allowed spread we would have built up immunity to that too.

If it was allowed to "spread" more people would have died and we would have risked overrunning our national health systems, which is an unthinkable scenario.
    If it wasn't feasible to make everyone wear masks for flu then why is it feasible for covid?

It's been explained. read the comments. Your inability to understand something is not an argument against it.

And if covid was allowed spread we would have built up immunity to that too. If it wasn't feasible to make everyone wear masks for flu then why is it feasible for covid?

We have a vaccine for the flu.

Why do masks, social distancing and hygiene not stop infectious respatory diseases?

If it was allowed to "spread" more people would have died and we would have risked overrunning our national health systems, which is an unthinkable scenario.

And lots of people have died and will die due to missed screenings, suicides, cancelled treatment etc. At the end of the day if the health system is overrun or high levels deaths occur over a prolonged period the result is the same lots of dead people.

We have a vaccine for the flu.

Why do masks, social distancing and hygiene not stop infectious respatory diseases?

And we have a vaccine for covid also.

I never said they didn't stop infectious diseases they may do I don't know. I don't believe they are nessecary as they are not nessecary for flu or other infectious diseases in the community only covid apparently.

And lots of people have died and will die due to missed screenings, suicides, cancelled treatment etc.

Exponentially more would die if a national health system is completely overrun.
    At the end of the day if the health system is overrun or high levels deaths occur over a prolonged period the result is the same lots of dead people.

Wow.

Exponentially more would die if a national health system is completely overrun.

Do you have evidence for that claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Hey, what if we had a way to build up people's immunity without them suffering from the symptoms of the virus...
    Like maybe we could have some sort of treatment that uses an inert form of the virus or a similar method to trigger an immunity response in people...

Funny you're demanding this after how many times you've dodged this questions and others.
    It's very hypocritical.

How do you justify this to yourself?

If hospitals full, you can't get treatment.

• Advertisement

We nearly need a template for this stuff it comes up so often

"It's just like the flu" - It isn't
    "It's not that serious" - It has killed 2 million
    "Vaccines are the real concern"- They aren't
    "Masks and measures didn't stop it" - They reduce it
    "We had lockdown before, it didn't work" - It did work, we relaxed measures and a second wave hit
    "But I don't understand.." - Read about it, the information is literally everywhere
    "Let it spread" - That would overwhelm national health systems which could do untold damage
    "This expert on Bitchute said.." - That "expert" is a crank who spreads disinformation, which is why they are banned from most social media
    "Lots of people die from cancer" - Covid is an infectious disease and preventable

King Mob wrote: »
    Hey, what if we had a way to build up people's immunity without them suffering from the symptoms of the virus...
    Like maybe we could have some sort of treatment that uses an inert form of the virus or a similar method to trigger an immunity response in people...

So are you talking about the vaccine? What I think what should be happening is we isolate the vulnerable people and allow healthy people get on with business as usual whilst the vaccine is being developed. Then distribute the vaccine to the vulnerable.

Healthy people will get immunity from getting the virus and the vulnerable will get immunity form the vaccine.

So are you talking about the vaccine? What I think what should be happening is we isolate the vulnerable people and allow healthy people get on with business as usual whilst the vaccine is being developed. Then distribute the vaccine to the vulnerable.

The vaccine is being rolled out to the more vulnerable first.
    Healthy people will get immunity from getting the virus and the vulnerable will get immunity form the vaccine.

People who've had the virus can get it again.

Why not read about this stuff instead of this act of "I'll stick it to people on a conspiracy forum with my lack of knowledge about something"

So are you talking about the vaccine?
    Yes. Obviously.
    I think you don't understand what vaccines actually are. This is a common factor amoung conspiracy theorists.
    What I think what should be happening is we isolate the vulnerable people and allow healthy people get on with business as usual whilst the vaccine is being developed. Then distribute the vaccine to the vulnerable.

Or how about we make efforts to lower deaths all around?

Anyway, could you respond to the other questions please.
    Or if not could you explain why you are evading them and why you are being so dishonest?

We nearly need a template for this stuff it comes up so often

"It's just like the flu" - It isn't - It is
    "It's not that serious" - It has killed 2 million - 2 million people died with covid not of covid
    "Vaccines are the real concern"- They aren't - I agree. I don't mind having vaccines available for covid I am just against government and/or private businesses making it mandatory. I believe in choice.
    "Masks and measures didn't stop it" - They reduce it- unproven I have yet to see evidence of any country where cases came down because of mask mandates
    "We had lockdown before, it didn't work" - It did work, we relaxed measures and a second wave hit- It hasn't been good enough if the virus still came back
    "But I don't understand.." - Read about it, the information is literally everywhere- only one-sided information in the msm
    "Let it spread" - That would overwhelm national health systems which could do untold damage- Lockdowns have done untold damage
    "This expert on Bitchute said.." - That "expert" is a crank who spreads disinformation, which is why they are banned from most social media- only one side of the argument.
    "Lots of people die from cancer" - Covid is an infectious disease and preventable- Cancer is also preventable

My 2c

This is a common factor amoung conspiracy theorists.

Every conspiracy theorist in these threads has had to have every element of this explained to them, repeatedly. It's a level of ignorance for which there's no excuse.

Yes. Obviously.
    I think you don't understand what vaccines actually are. This is a common factor amoung conspiracy theorists.

Flu vaccines are generally mostly taken up by the vulnerable. No vaccine passports for the flu. Flu vaccines are supposed to work. Surely they would work better if everyone got one in order for herd immunity and less deaths during flu season.
    Or how about we make efforts to lower deaths all around?

Anyway, could you respond to the other questions please.
    Or if not could you explain why you are evading them and why you are being so dishonest?

Impossible to stop all deaths if we go by official figures 2m have died due to covid worldwide. Surely more could have been done to prevent those deaths we should all be wearing at least 2 masks. Shops should be delivery only no excuses for leaving home bar work. At the end of the day this is a deadly virus people shouldn't be going jogging or going shopping.

Every conspiracy theorist in these threads has had to have every element of this explained to them, repeatedly. It's a level of ignorance for which there's no excuse.

Some people are very ignorant towards other views they do not agree with. If you keep feeling the need to explain every element make you should stop doing it. It doesn't work on me your not gonna change my views if that's what you want.

My 2c

Recycled bad arguments
    "It's just like the flu"

No a pandemic of a new, more contagious, more deadly disease is not "like" seasonal flu.
    2 million people died with covid not of covid

They died due to Covid, directly or indirectly. Being a pedant about the figures doesn't change that fact.
    "Masks and measures didn't stop it" - They reduce it- unproven I have yet to see evidence of any country where cases came down because of mask mandates

The virus spreads via droplets and aerosols. Wearing a mask reduces the spread of those aerosols and droplets by the wearer of that mask by up to 99%.
    "We had lockdown before, it didn't work" - It did work, we relaxed measures and a second wave hit- It hasn't been good enough if the virus still came back

Human misjudgment is not an argument against measures to reduce the spread of a virus
    "But I don't understand.." - Read about it, the information is literally everywhere- only one-sided information in the msm

There are thousands of outlets of varying quality all over the world. Your version of the "MSM" is a convenient construct by conspiracy theorists so they can disparage all and any media that doesn't agree with their extreme views
    "Let it spread" - That would overwhelm national health systems which could do untold damage- Lockdowns have done untold damage

Contradictory view. On the one hand you claim to be concerned by how many people haven't received treatment due to reduced national health capacity, yet on the other hand seem completely unconcerned if hospitals were overwhelmed.
    "This expert on Bitchute said.." - That "expert" is a crank who spreads disinformation, which is why they are banned from most social media- only one side of the argument.

Disinformation isn't "another" side of the argument. It's disinformation.
    "Lots of people die from cancer" - Covid is an infectious disease and preventable- Cancer is also preventable

Pedantic remark again. Cancer isn't a contagious disease. A country (e.g. New Zealand) can almost fully stop Covid.

• Advertisement

Some people are very ignorant towards other views they do not agree with. If you keep feeling the need to explain every element make you should stop doing it. It doesn't work on me your not gonna change my views if that's what you want.

It's not for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement