Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

See 5:20 mins in the following. He reckons GME still 50% shorted.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PqU1PWip4Ok

Lots of screenshots of Morningstar reports saying 220%+ shorted.

Who would you believe at this point!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

NRZ seems like a good investment currently. US based REIT

Was around $15/16 pre-covid, dropped to 5/6, recovered to around the $9.50 mark. Offers $0.80 (8.5%) dividends quarterly and increases them regularly. Earnings day on the 4th should result in an increase.

Target price varies from $12-15

Financials all look good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

bish76 wrote: »
    Any suggestions to buy stocks in legal marijuan. I see it expanding more and more in coming years.

sundial is starting to blow up but its just ran 100% quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

I have shares in GMe worth a night out on the lash, which I haven't had in over a year. So, this is my night out on the lash. I cashed in everything else from it and made a tidy profit so I'm happy to ride the wave and I suspect many others are on the same boat.

These guys are still short regardless of the numbers being presented, they are still short. 6pm today they have to file the short numbers so we'll find out tonight what the real state of affairs is.

On DFV, I suspect he'll sell off and then post it at the end of day, when the markets close as anything else could land him in legal trouble. Wall Street will do anything to nail him for retail costing them tens of billions.

I think it'll open low today, have the usual spike and then you'll see the low volume trades dropping the price. The problem here is once the price gets low enough there could be more retail ready to pick it up. Not to mention RH and other brokers have enabled buying of GME and AMC again.

Today and tomorrow will be when we see the real outcome, once we see the real numbers for short tonight it'll be clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

But the Squeeze has happened (or is in the middle of happening) as the short position has dropped to 50%. The hedge funds are managing to buy shares.

Or is it that you see it as a pump and dump and there is still reason that more people will come in and push the price higher before it gets dumped. If this is the case it must be near the end if they are taking billboard adds out.

I'm more inclined to dip a toe now than I was at $400. Theres plenty claiming the short position is still 100+ currently but I'm in way over my head when it comes to knowing who to believe.

One thing I do know for sure is the vast majority of the people willing to buy GME are currently being blocked by RH. So if/when they get onto a new platform and start buying price could start to move up again. Or the momentum could be gone and your stuck with a share thats probably inflated x10.

Its a gamble for sure, nothing long term about it. I'm tempted though, buy when there's blood on the streets and all that lark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

crushproof wrote: »
    I think once the GME nonsense dies down the money will start drifting back into the EV market, and NIO should be a major benefactor of that. However I reckon it may drift down to around 50 before it starts to rise again.

Switched from NIO to TATA. Somebody mentioned it on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Delighted to see this Thread.

I've taken the biggest position of my life in Amazon recently. Got a nice little buffer built up now with them, and hoping for good things tonight with earnings. I think i'll be stay long term anyways because its just a fantastic company. I truly see AWS tech as a behemoth of future IT landscape. Cant see how companies will survive if they are not in the cloud.

Seriously though, I do feel a bit better this morning. Have no idea what will happen, but sure will give me something to look at during the day/evening.

Regarding the shorts, I'm really new to this so I don't know what to believe. Some saying that the short % is way down to like 50. Some are then saying that even if it is, that is still really high. Others are saying that people are reporting 50 due to some unique counting methods, and that it is impossible that it has reduced that much because of the small volume that has traded, that the numbers just don't add up.

I guess we will find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

jams100 wrote: »
    Ok, you didn't really answer the question though. On what basis do you think this will go up?

Can I ask a different question so? At what point do you see yourself selling?

Its great that you can afford to lose that money, however I'm sure there's plenty of others who still see the reward being greater than the risk, which based on any fundamental analysis is simply not true, and ultimately thats what its going to boil down to.

In terms of you trying to insinuate that I'm somehow calling people "idiots", I quite frankly don't know where you are getting that from. At the end of the day I'm just an amatur investor like anyone on this thread. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again.

My opinion is simply one of someone who's not caught up in this trade and is the one of someone who is looking at this from an objective standpoint.

You right for asking questions, its a forum. Everyone should stop taking everything so serious here.

But to your point the same can viewed of any growth companies which are detached from your classical fundamentals, never turned a profit, heavy private debt but their price only went up for last decade...

All depends what are you trying to get out from the trade/investment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

It's a sign of the times that I read this as loading SPAC's

• Registered Users Posts: 9,393 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm not for a moment going to pretend this is the reason I bought in, but Nokia (NOK) have their 2020 results due out on Friday. They're competitor Ericsson had good results last week, it's a bit of a 5G play.

For anyone (like myself) who bought Nokia as a WSB-play, we might get a side benefit if we hold till the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I bought a bunch of dips yesterday. I'm holding.

Looking at the volumes, it looks as though the only explanation for the extreme drop was short ladders.

At the end of the day, I hopped into this to be a part of the action, using money I can afford to lose. If I lose it, so be it, but if somehow we come out of this in the positive, then we'll have been a part of history and had some serious craic while doing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

GME circa $170 on yahoo premarket. I'm ready to pile in once it hits $20.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Bought $4K worth of ABBV last night @ 102.14. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

tusk wrote: »
    I bought a bunch of dips yesterday. I'm holding.

Looking at the volumes, it looks as though the only explanation for the extreme drop was short ladders.

At the end of the day, I hopped into this to be a part of the action, using money I can afford to lose. If I lose it, so be it, but if somehow we come out of this in the positive, then we'll have been a part of history and had some serious craic while doing it :D

On a different note I haven't thought or checked the news that much about covid with the last week. Even if it does end up losing money that distraction was well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SpaceJamm

I personally believe the theory that the reported short levels in the media are being manipulated by hedge funds.

I believe that the hedge funds doubled down last week with even more shorts as they thought retail would lose interest/faith and sell in droves, which has not happened.

I believe that hedge funds have paid companies to create bots on WSB to spread doubt among retail.

I believe the recent data of $800 options are hedge funds hedging their losses as they know what's coming.

I believe that Robinhood and others were shut down for a reason.

I believe that Citadel/Point 72 tried to bail Melvin Capital out, not to cover Melvin's losses, but to cover up the illegal over shorting activity.

I own 120 GME shares @$77 and I'm holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heimdallr

Heimdallr wrote: »
    BCRX soaring pre-market. Looks like there is a reddit run starting with it. still tremendously undervalued with Factor D on the horizon considering what Alexion is worth. Alex Denner doubled his position here and BlackRock increased by 3%. Holding long

posted the above yesterday in the 2020 thread. Highlighted BCRX a few months ago. Have been holding for over 2 years. 30% gain yesterday. Up again 20% today pre-market. Unlike the reddit runs this actually has deep value

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

SpaceJamm wrote: »
    I personally believe the theory that the reported short levels in the media are being manipulated by hedge funds.

I believe that the hedge funds doubled down last week with even more shorts as they thought retail would lose interest/faith and sell in droves, which has not happened.

I believe that hedge funds have paid companies to create bots on WSB to spread doubt among retail.

I believe the recent data of $800 options are hedge funds hedging their losses as they know what's coming.

I believe that Citadel/Point 72 tried to bail Melvin Capital out, not to cover Melvin's losses, but to cover up the illegal over shorting activity.

Agreed on all counts!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

SpaceJamm wrote: »

I’ll give a different theory. First and foremost 67% of GME shares are held by hedge funds/ institutions etc. These groups hate one another. So, they are holding to bankrupt Melvin and the others over-shorting (ironic given what WSB GME trade is all about). So WSB is helping bankrupt some hedge funds/ institutions and helping others! You couldn’t make it up.

Eventually the market movers will off load the stocks for their funds (as they need to make profits etc) and it will come crashing down.

And after all of this GME is still in a bad place. It’s not the fund managers that have caused it, its their business plan/ management. Maybe they have some miracle up their sleeve, but I’d predict chapter 11 is not too far off for them. They will be around, but what they need to become will cost a lot of money to do and the assets they have will hold them down (hence why charter 11 is the best option for them, to offload these assets). That reality hasn’t changed.

The one thing I hope that happens from this is the SEC bans naked shorts. And even restricts the level of shorts on a stock as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,393 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Seriously though, I do feel a bit better this morning. Have no idea what will happen, but sure will give me something to look at during the day/evening.

Regarding the shorts, I'm really new to this so I don't know what to believe. Some saying that the short % is way down to like 50. Some are then saying that even if it is, that is still really high. Others are saying that people are reporting 50 due to some unique counting methods, and that it is impossible that it has reduced that much because of the small volume that has traded, that the numbers just don't add up.

I guess we will find out.
    This is complex, and without trying to sound like an asshole, probably why this is normally left to those with professional qualifications.

Firstly, a stock can be shorted any number of times, so while 130% sounds impossible, it's not.

Secondly, depending how you buy a share, that share may or may not be "available" for shorting. Degiro does it by default on most accounts. Insiders who get shares would default to "no shorting". So the first problem is trying to figure out what "the total amount or shares available to short" is.

So the standard way of calculating results in 130%:
    Total Float - 100m shares / 130m shares short = 130%

The person claiming 50%, is probably looking at:
    Total available to short = 85m * assume each share is shorted 4 times = 255 / 130m shares short = ~50%

Shedite27 wrote: »
    This is complex, and without trying to sound like an asshole, probably why this is normally left to those with professional qualifications.

Firstly, a stock can be shorted any number of times, so while 130% sounds impossible, it's not.

Secondly, depending how you buy a share, that share may or may not be "available" for shorting. Degiro does it by default on most accounts. Insiders who get shares would default to "no shorting". So the first problem is trying to figure out what "the total amount or shares available to short" is.

So the standard way of calculating results in 130%:
    Total Float - 100m shares / 130m shares short = 130%

The person claiming 50%, is probably looking at:
    Total available to short = 85m * assume each share is shorted 4 times = 255 / 130m shares short = ~50%
    You don't sound like an asshole at all, this is all very interesting (and complicated) so thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SpaceJamm

ddarcy wrote: »
    I’ll give a different theory. First and foremost 67% of GME shares are held by hedge funds/ institutions etc. These groups hate one another. So, they are holding to bankrupt Melvin and the others over-shorting (ironic given what WSB GME trade is all about). So WSB is helping bankrupt some hedge funds/ institutions and helping others! You couldn’t make it up.

Eventually the market movers will off load the stocks for their funds (as they need to make profits etc) and it will come crashing down.

And after all of this GME is still in a bad place. It’s not the fund managers that have caused it, its their business plan/ management. Maybe they have some miracle up their sleeve, but I’d predict chapter 11 is not too far off for them. They will be around, but what they need to become will cost a lot of money to do and the assets they have will hold them down (hence why charter 11 is the best option for them, to offload these assets). That reality hasn’t changed.

The one thing I hope that happens from this is the SEC bans naked shorts. And even restricts the level of shorts on a stock as well.

I'll give you another theory.

I am horny for GME.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

GME down $84.44 (37.53%) pre market as I type, not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

See 5:20 mins in the following. He reckons GME still 50% shorted.

http://finra-markets.morningstar.com/MarketData/EquityOptions/detail.jsp?query=14%3A0P000002CH&sdkVersion=2.58.0

Looks like 226% short interest here, which is mad. I also could be reading it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

Canonfan wrote: »

its low volume in Germany....not overly concerned at this point. I'm trying to hold to see the SI on friday.

Canonfan wrote: »

I'm starting to feel a bit like Homer, "it's still good!"

Apologies for anyone annoyed with the lightheartedness, I'm sure normal forum service will resume sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

What would you buy- BP or Royal shell ?
    They are not at the rock bottom but a decent dip that will recover up to an extent when travel resumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    bad news priced in

not a surprise really

they have lots of money to be able to get through this so investors not jumping ship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Anyone getting into GME when drop stalls?

Advertisement